Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2002, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta DM
Stayed at the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff in early April. It's a nice property and we got a great rate ($89 if I remember correctly) and. They do recognize HHonors VIP levels.
Old May 3, 2002, 1:23 pm

Programs: NW Gold/SPG Plat/Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kevbeau:
Stayed at the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff in early April. It's a nice property and we got a great rate ($89 if I remember correctly) and. They do recognize HHonors VIP levels.</font>
My experience was the opposite at the end of September 2001. They did not recognize levels, and the room we got was pretty worn and in need of a renovation.
Old May 3, 2002, 5:18 pm

I second Eugene in that you have to stay right on the rim (South Rim). I did the opposite, I had a sunset tour. I stayed at Maswik Lodge but went to see El Tovar Hotel which is the nice one and of course more expensive.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 6:38 pm

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

I'm looking to visit Arizona in August (and finish up my 4 stays for the CNTU promo).

Has anyone stayed at either the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort or the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in the Phoenix area? Is one better than the other?

Doubletree La Posada Resort in Scottsdale? Any feedback there?

Finally, the Sedona Hilton Resort in Sedona?

Thanks for anybody that can provide info from real experiences.

--Zete
Old Jun 14, 2002, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Plenty of fine options. Do a search here in the Hilton forum and in FT Archives and you should find literally dozens of threads.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
I stayed at both last July with my wife and two teenage daughters. Squaw Peak has a water park inside with a lazy river, water falls pool, water slide,etc. However, this requires lifeguards and the whole thing closes at 7:30 pm. Then you are forced to go to a regular, no frills pool.

Tapatio has a large pool with a water fall, long water slide, nice bar, etc. It stays open late (at least 10:00, maybe later). One of the nights we were there they had a live band playing until 10:00 pm at the pool (very nice).

So if you want to hang out at the pool into the evening I would go to Tapatio. If day time only, definitely Squaw Peak.

BTW, it will be unbelievably hot in August. You will not be able to sit out (day or night, shade or no shade) unless you go into the pool every 30 minutes.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 7:26 pm

ditto. Doubletree la posada is in the local entertainment book. If you've got a card, the dining room has a great view and good grub (I doubt they call it that).

Lots to do out here, but it's also stinking hot. The high country is preferable, but the good resort deals are in Phoenix & Tucson. Be aware that all national forests are currently closed out here because of the risk of fire. This could impact a stay in Sedona. Hopefully monsoons will set in before your visit.

JP
Old Jun 15, 2002, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I will be in PHX in 1 weeks time and staying at the Tapatio Cliffs so I will give a report when I return to the UK on 1st July.

Regards
TBS
Old Jun 15, 2002, 5:38 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Just glad to know I'm not the only crazy person going to Arizona during the summer. Will be there last week in July!
Old Jun 15, 2002, 10:07 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
at: 8:50 am MST Fº | Cº

Currently:
91º
Sunny Hi: 110
Lo: 75

Phoenix AZ US Video Forecast
· Text Forecast
· Records & Averages
· ISight: View and Control a Weather Cam

5 Day Forecast

Today Tomorrow Mon Tue Wed 6-10 Day

Sunny

High: 110
Low: 75

Sunny

High: 108
Low: 73

Sunny

High: 108
Low: 71

Sunny

High: 109
Low: 72

Sunny

High: 109
Low: 71
Extended Forecast at weather.com

Crazy is the only word
Old Jun 15, 2002, 11:57 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
Geez, Janet, do you have to rub it in?

Am currently staying at the Pointe Tapatio Cliffs. MIKEM has it correct. My only addition would be that Tapatio Cliffs is more adult oriented and Squaw Peak more family oriented. Having said that, TC has a decent kids program.

Upgraded to a Presidential Suite (Diamond status) that's bigger than most homes. Not a bad thing...

Old Jun 15, 2002, 12:22 pm

Thanks all for your great feedback, and j379pa, thanks for the tip about the park closings.

I guess anybody has to be crazy to head to a place in 110 deg temps, but hopefully there aren't that many crazy ones like us, and the hotels will be empty enough to give us great upgrades.

Have fun on your vacations, for whoever is going in July.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
onefreeman, is that room 6001? I had that suite last month and it was unbelievable. I just wish my family had been with me to enjoy it with me.

Probably among my best upgrades at a Hilton.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
Hilton HHonors Properties in Flagstaff

Does anyone have an opinion on the nicest of the various Hilton properties in Flagstaff? It looks as though they have one Embassy Suites, one HGI, one Hampton Inn & Suites and one regular Hampton. We'd be looking to stay just one night on our way up to the Grand Canyon.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
NOne of these are any big deal, IMO. Unless you need the HH stay , I suggest priceline or Roomsavers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.