Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2003, 6:57 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
I staid in the Hampton Inn one time. It was OK, but, even in low season, I found the rate high.

Old Jan 27, 2003, 9:10 am
Suspended

stayed at the HGI 2 weeks ago still waiting for the credit to show up. Im planning another trip back next week. I usually spend the time in Sedona a 1/2 hr drive south.But Sedona can be expense so with the coupon from roomsaver.com it costs me $49.99 per night. The Ham Inn in Sedona is $79 at roomsaver. This way not only do I save the $$ but I get 500 miles instead of 100. theres an ES Ithink their coupon is $79 but that prop has exterior entrances only, its a 2 or 3 story prop more like a motel, so I stick to the HGI.

[This message has been edited by craz (edited 01-27-2003).]
Old Jan 27, 2003, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
Stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites for 2 nights -- one each way to the Canyon. Gotta say it was the best HI stay I've had. We stayed in a suite which had a BR, LR and kitchenette. Even used the fire place. I don't usually spend the $$ for the upgraded accomodations, but it was well worth it, esp. with kids.

Staff was knowledgeable and friendly to boot!
Old Jan 28, 2003, 2:13 am
Suspended

Stayed at the HGI and ES some weeks ago.
HGI was nice, rooms on the backside of the hotel seem to be more spacious, my ( upgraded....?? ) room facing the street was small, but two bottles of water plus breakfast coupons were provided.Solid HGI, AAA rate was 61.99, coupon rate was 10 $ less, I believe.
Internet access ( relatively fast ) was a plus.

ES is some hundred yards down the street, staff told me not to be dissapointed, cause the hotel is a little bit old, but renovations are scheduled to start soon.Actually the suite was nice ( typical ES )Breakfast was good ( friendly staff )
No Gold amenity was offered.Cheapest rate was around $ 90, so definitely the most expensive Hilton in town....
Coupon rate is $ 72....
Old Jan 28, 2003, 1:44 pm

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn this time last year. Nice hotel, decent sized room with fridge, microwave, etc. Room was well appointed with good lighting, furnishings, etc. that you would find in value chain.

Main pet peeve was the self closing bathroom door.

Paid only around $44/night. Sometimes those coupon books distributed at rest areas offer around the same rate.

With Gold membership, the free breakfast made this stay a very good value.

Free internet access (but I had slower connection) in the lobby area.

Highly recommend this hotel!

[This message has been edited by Globehopper (edited 01-28-2003).]
Old Feb 16, 2003, 9:06 am

Racquetball in Arizona - Which resort?

I had read that one of the Hilton resorts in Arizona had racquetball courts right on the property. I cannot seem to find which one by using the search feature on the Hilton Site. Anyone know? Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 10:03 pm

i'd appreciate it if someone can point me towards these coupons ... r they only available in flagstaff? or r they also available elsewhere?
Old Oct 2, 2003, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by saimike:
i'd appreciate it if someone can point me towards these coupons ... r they only available in flagstaff? or r they also available elsewhere?</font>
You can't have a reservation with these coupons. These are for walk ups only. You might try to book a back up res at your second choice, then cancel before 6 pm day of arrival. Watch your rate, however.

http://www.roomsaver.com/coupon_search.php?state=AZ
Old Jun 7, 2004, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold - HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hilton HHonors Properties in Tucson

I did a search and saw that people said nice things about the Doubletree Hotel Tucson-Reid Park and the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador.

What HH property do people think is the best one (based on whatever criteria one thinks) in Tucson?

The Hilton Tucson East has a AAA rate of $59/night for the weekend of July 15-18 and the Doubletree Hotel Tucson-Reid Park has a AAA rate of $75/night. Is one of these better than the other, in terms of condition or amenities for HH Gold members?

$59/night is tough to beat, although I bet they don't get much business in Tucson on July weekends. However, if one of these hotels is better than another, I wouldn't mind spending more money.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:20 pm

What HH property do people think is the best one (based on whatever criteria one thinks) in Tucson?

The Hilton Tucson East has a AAA rate of $59/night for the weekend of July 15-18

As it relates to upgrades the Hilton Tucson East is a much nicer hotel than the double tree at reid park or any other property in town. I have always gotten suites at the Hilton Tucson East and if you are gold or diamond member they offer you 1000 or 2000 bonus points for the stay or a free movie or some other thing they may have setup. I have stayed at the doubletree at reid park and never had an upgrade room. I am always upgraded at Tucson East. just my opinion and or experience
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:23 pm

Programs: United Premier; HHonors Gold
Hilton

I stayed at the Hilton when they were renovating the executive floor, and that was August 2002, so their HHONORS facilities are relatively new. BTW, the golf is real cheap at that time of year in Tucson, but the courses seem to be in good shape anyway.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by coachigdon
I stayed at the Hilton when they were renovating the executive floor, and that was August 2002, so their HHONORS facilities are relatively new. BTW, the golf is real cheap at that time of year in Tucson, but the courses seem to be in good shape anyway.

Could be because its 100 degrees;(

I have stayed at both properties and echo the above sentiments. The HIlton seemed to want me there - the Doubletree ( as a diamond ) wanted to charge me for an upgraded room and breakfast
Old Jun 8, 2004, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Thumbs up

Hilton East gets my vote. Decent rooms, nice staff, great breakfast, gorgeous view, pleasant pool and patio area, Fat Tire on tap.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 8:26 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The Hilton Tucson East qualifies as the best Hilton HHonors property in which to stay when in Tucson, in my opinion as well.

I liked their Summit Level executive lounge, which had a decent array of appetizers in the evening and breakfast items in the morning, with a nice view of the mountains in the distance through the glass windows of the hotel.

My only “complaint” is that it is not located near any major highway, so its location may be slightly inconvenient for some guests.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Canarsie
My only “complaint” is that it is not located near any major highway, so its location may be slightly inconvenient for some guests.
Still, it's not that far or inconvenient from the airport. I never hit a lot of traffic. What is it, maybe ten miles and I can do it in 15 minutes or so.

If you're looking for an "authentic" Mexican food experience, I recommend Las Casualitas. The neighborhood looks a little iffy at night so park on-site. The food is great. I recommend the guacamole made at your table. There's been music most nights I've been there - certainly fri/sat night. I can't give you directions but find them in thephonebook and then use Mapquest.

Last edited by BamaVol; Jun 8, 2004 at 9:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.