Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2020, 2:45 pm

I have stayed in both, the quality of Conrad is better and the rooms/suites are very modern and nice. The breakfast is way better. The only advantages of the hilton is the central lication close to Taksim by walk and the lounge location and views.
I think the lounges at both are closed though, and not sure what they offer instead, its worth calling them to verify.

Having said all that, my personal preference is Bomonti, I have been getting the best treatment than any other hotel I have ever stayed in for years now. The lounge views at Bomonti are on the top best you can even imagine.

Enjoy Istanbul and say Hi 🤩🤩
Old Jul 25, 2020, 3:35 pm

I have stayed several times at the Conrad, Hilton Bosphorus & Hilton Bomonti and VG3RMJC2 is absolutely correct in everything he writes.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 6:34 pm

This hardly qualifies as a fiasco, IMO. An annoyance perhaps, but nothing more.
TerryK, hotturnip, cawhite and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Wanting a bit of advice. Heading to Istanbul for our first trip to the city. Will be there 3 days to do some tourist bits and chill at the hotel.

We was booked into the Conrad Bosphourous in a family suite (3 adults and a kid) and got an email today about an upgrade to a Bosphourous Suite. I noted this suite came with an airport transfer so much of the cost would be offset. But on emailing I was told it’s not available for upgrades.

So I looked at making a new booking and this suite was less to buy new than the cost of the current room and upgrade, so that’s what I did and cancelled the old booking.

I then emailed with my new booking reference and flight number, only to be told the car transfer is only offered on a flexible rate. On the app, there is not mention of it being dependant on the rate nor is it excluded under the terms on the dream away rate (the one I booked)

I’ve emailed back asking them to reconsider but it’s left a bad taste, so I started looking around and now I actually think I might even prefer the Hilton Bosphorous.

If anyone has stayed at both and can give me a verdict? Also, has anyone stayed recently at the Hilton. What’s open / closed in these days of Covid?
Is the airport transfer part of the description of the particular room/suite or is it stated on some rates for the room/suite?
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Fiasco?

I have yet to hear of room/suite descriptions which include airport transfer, however, it is certainly possible for some corp. rates (also in Istanbul).
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Fiasco?

I have yet to hear of room/suite descriptions which include airport transfer, however, it is certainly possible for some corp. rates (also in Istanbul).
Just checked out the Bomonti too and now also considering this.

It’s very clear both on their website and app under the room descriptions. Below is copied direct from it....Airport transfer, Executive Lounge access, free WiFi, scenic view, living room, bathtub
Take in the spectacular Bosphorus view from this 59 sq. m/635 sq. ft. suite.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Having taken a look at the app, the Bosphorous Suite does clearly state the transfers are included with the room. Having taken a look at the range of rates available, none of them state an inclusion or exclusion for the free airport transfer. It would certainly irk me that they are stating exclusions that are not stated elsewhere.

Talking of seemingly clear rules though, the Bosphorous Suite only allows 3 in the room, unlike the family suite that allows 4. Just checking that you have all 4 people booked in on the reservation? The Conrad is a great hotel from past stays there, but they tend to be pretty rigid on things like this.
JDiver and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

I’ve emailed back asking them to reconsider but it’s left a bad taste, so I started looking around and now I actually think I might even prefer the Hilton Bosphorous.

If anyone has stayed at both and can give me a verdict? Also, has anyone stayed recently at the Hilton. What’s open / closed in these days of Covid?

The Conrad is certainly a better hotel, but the Hilton Bosporus has a much better location - I've never stayed at the Bomonti, it's just not a convenient location.

I'd select where to stay and not get fixated on freeby transfers. A taxi won't break the bank, or you could book a private car - friends used KiwiTaxi and i think paid around £30 to Taksim. I use the bus, and hope I live long enough to try the metro
JDiver likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The well travelled vs those who are not... I have seen this many times over the years. I remember Hilton Sofia being one that offered it, but it was pulled years ago when a new cost controller GM took up office.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't know the Bomonti, but yes the Conrad is the much better hotel. The Hilton is good too, it's the longest operating Hilton outside the USA, and benefits from centrality. The Conrad benefits from an amazing view and a pleasant immediate area, and high levels of customer service (usually!). Don't pay more than an implied 35€ for the privilege of an airport transfer, the usual cash rate is around 30€ anyway and may well be an older Merc.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I disagree with the Hilton being better located. Maybe it was just when we were there, but walking back at night had us dodging a homeless area, and a lot of drunks. The Conrad is near a lovely shopping/food area, and an easy walk to catch a ferry. I’d take the location any day.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Apologies. Its 2 adults and 1 child
RAPC likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by FC flyer
...Maybe it was just when we were there, but walking back at night had us dodging a homeless area, and a lot of drunks.
Gezi Park in Taksim sometimes has charity night-time food distribution for the homeless. But not many would think of walking in that area at night.
Taksim itself is tourism central, and can be lively, but never threatening.....unless there's a demonstration going on!

But because of the tourism concentration in the area you DO need to be careful of con-artists striking up conversation, some respectably dressed and not drunk.

You are perfectly correct abut Conrad being in a delightful area. The plus of the Hilton is its very central position with excellent transport connections and the tourism area around Istiklal caddesi close by. It all depends what you want to do in Istanbul...

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jul 27, 2020 at 6:12 am
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Wanting a bit of advice. Heading to Istanbul for our first trip to the city. Will be there 3 days to do some tourist bits and chill at the hotel.

We was booked into the Conrad Bosphourous in a family suite (3 adults and a kid) and got an email today about an upgrade to a Bosphourous Suite. I noted this suite came with an airport transfer so much of the cost would be offset. But on emailing I was told it’s not available for upgrades.

So I looked at making a new booking and this suite was less to buy new than the cost of the current room and upgrade, so that’s what I did and cancelled the old booking.

I then emailed with my new booking reference and flight number, only to be told the car transfer is only offered on a flexible rate. On the app, there is not mention of it being dependant on the rate nor is it excluded under the terms on the dream away rate (the one I booked)

Stayed here in early Juli. Executive Lounge is closed. Instead they give you two drink vouchers for the Summit bar (house wine or soft drinks).

Breakfast was room service only. The GM emailed me It's now served in the Executive Lounge and starting early August in the restaurant. The pool was open.

Just read in the Hilton Bosporus thread that the Executive Lounge is also closed there. Snack platter in the room, free soft drinks all day by roomservice and alcoholic beverages in the evening between 6 and 8. Pool is open.

Don't know about the situation at the Hilton Bomonti.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I think Hilton is in a better location for walking around, but Conrad's location is nothing a taxi can't solve. I have a soft spot for the Hilton as I have been staying there for many years and know a lot of staff there. The main attraction of the Hilton for me is the pool. I like it much much better than the one at the Conrad. I also like Hilton's variety of restaurants. But I think either hotel will ensure an enjoyable stay.
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.