Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I'll give it a shot.

I am trying to make an award booking for the Doubletree Sirkeci at the end of May. I can book two nights from the 28th-30th or two nights from the 30th to the 1st, but cannot book the 29th-31st (which is what I need). It will, however, let me book three nights from the 29th-1st. What's up with that? Can I just book the three nights and drop the last night later on? Is this just some error with the system?

Also, what is going on in Istanbul that weekend? We're passing through on a trip from Egypt but hotels seem to be heavily booked. Poor planning on my part since I booked first without checking...

Last edited by coolbeans202; Feb 16, 2020 at 10:28 am
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:42 am

It's the champions league final that weekend.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thepi
It's the champions league final that weekend.
Well...that explains that. Maybe the tourist spots won't be too crowded on Saturday during the match, so hopefully we'll be good.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
Stayed at the DT Sirkeci. 19,000 points a night. I dont see a single great deal for hilton points at any of the Istanbul hotels. 10000 is a pipe dream even thoough this is not peak season.
Anyway, the location is great. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the Gulhane Tramway station. It is a 10 mnute walk from the sultanhamet square. Though it is easier to walk from Sultanhamet to the hotel because it is all downhill. When I had to go back to take the airport shuttle, I walked to Gulhane, took the tram for one stop with my luggage and then got up the Havaist Airport shuttle at Sultanhamet(just 18 lira or 3 dollars!!!). It is also only a 10 min walk to Eminonu. by the water and the New Mosque area.

They treated me great as gold. Gave me a free upgrade to a king suite(the smaller one, not the grand big suite). The breakfast spread lacked sausage and bacon. But it had eggs to order and lots of great bread you dont see at N American hiltons. Baguettes and other loafs of bread fresh to slice. Not the stock stale sliced bread in the US.

THey kept my luggage in storage for a couple of days for a nominal charge when I took a side trip.

Get an Istanbul Kart, and you dont need a taxi if you stay at this hotel. It has good access to the tramways, maramarway, metro, and Havaist.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
Returned to Sirkeci. This time not so lucky with the upgrade. Just a mild upgrade from a Queen Bed to a King Deluxe room(usually they are about the same price, but for some reason, they wanted 30,000 points for that king, so I went with the Queen and gambled on any kind of upgrade).

THE DOUBLETREE COOKIE: I guess it doesnt taste the same everywhere. In turkey, it has a softer texture like it is ready to crumble. A less oatmeal feel. And it doesnt taste as chocolaty. . The taste is off as a result. A level below the american cookie.

They charged me $20 for two days for two bags. I guess the money is meant for the bellhop as he collected it directly. Not too bad.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 4:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well since it looks like Turkey is one of the few places that is welcoming Americans this summer, looks like I'll be rehashing this much asked question...

Hilton Bomonti or Conrad Bosphorus?

From what I've read Bomonti sounds nicer but the Conrad has a better location. Which of these will be better for Diamond upgrades? Or is there a different Hilton property that usually upgrades Diamonds to suites? Any recent stay updates from 2019/20?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:43 am

I haven't stayed at Bomonti and I am only gold but stayed at the Conrad last week. I was upgraded to a Bosphorus view room which is the standard upgrade I have received before. The breakfast restaurant is closed so breakfast is served in the exec lounge, you pick what you want and a server plates it for you. The exec lounge is closed the rest of the day. The outdoor pool is open but you need to book a slot or ring before you visit so it does not get too crowded. This was not an issue when I was there as occupancy is low and the lobby is eerily quiet. The staff were very friendly considering a lot of their colleagues have probably been laid off,temporarily or otherwise. If you can get here safely, I think most people in the Turkish hospitality industry would value your custom.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Thepi
The exec lounge is closed the rest of the day.
Are they not offering a substitute for happy hour in another location of the hotel? If not, then it is a poor offering and I will not stay at Hilton Bomonti until this changes. I stayed at Swissotel Istanbul last week and they offered drinks and snacks in the lobby near the bar for the Accor Platinum happy hour. The strength of Hilton Bomonti is the lounge to begin with (not suite upgrades) so if the lounge is closed I would pick Conrad with no hesitation.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
Are they not offering a substitute for happy hour in another location of the hotel? If not, then it is a poor offering and I will not stay at Hilton Bomonti until this changes. I stayed at Swissotel Istanbul last week and they offered drinks and snacks in the lobby near the bar for the Accor Platinum happy hour. The strength of Hilton Bomonti is the lounge to begin with (not suite upgrades) so if the lounge is closed I would pick Conrad with no hesitation.
I called Conrad and Bomonti and both of the lounges are closed. Bomonti said they can send you a plate of snacks to your room between 6-8pm to make up for happy hour, though I'm not sure what that entails.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Stayed at the Conrad last week, can highly recommend to stay there when you need a hotel in Istanbul.

Occupancy is of course very low, pool area has sun the hole day and the food and beverage have not so expensive prices.

Until lounges opens again, bar vouchers and a snack plate is available.

Wednesday and Thursday they offered an excellent Sushi and Sashimi at the summit bar.

Food is in general outstanding and the service is also much more better than at the Bomonti.

It is currently the best Hilton property in Istanbul and also in Turkey
Old Jul 20, 2020, 9:56 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by fvn1312
Stayed at the Conrad last week, can highly recommend to stay there when you need a hotel in Istanbul.
It is currently the best Hilton property in Istanbul and also in Turkey
Thanks for the update! Sounds like the lounge replacement is better at Conrad than Hilton Bomonti.

I am somewhat surprised by your comment that Conrad is the best Hilton property in Turkey. There are a couple of nice Hilton resorts in the country and now Susona LXR Bodrum in a higher price range, although I have not been there myself so I cannot comment.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While I cannot speak to the situation TODAY with Covid - and by that meaning current staffing and service offerings right now, I can assure you that the Conrad Istanbul has NEVER been "the best Hilton property in Turkey".
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
While I cannot speak to the situation TODAY with Covid - and by that meaning current staffing and service offerings right now, I can assure you that the Conrad Istanbul has NEVER been "the best Hilton property in Turkey".
Of course I respect your opinion.

Now I am very curious which Hilton hotel in Turkey is better?
Old Jul 25, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Istanbul Fiasco

Wanting a bit of advice. Heading to Istanbul for our first trip to the city. Will be there 3 days to do some tourist bits and chill at the hotel.

We was booked into the Conrad Bosphourous in a family suite (3 adults and a kid) and got an email today about an upgrade to a Bosphourous Suite. I noted this suite came with an airport transfer so much of the cost would be offset. But on emailing I was told it’s not available for upgrades.

So I looked at making a new booking and this suite was less to buy new than the cost of the current room and upgrade, so that’s what I did and cancelled the old booking.

I then emailed with my new booking reference and flight number, only to be told the car transfer is only offered on a flexible rate. On the app, there is not mention of it being dependant on the rate nor is it excluded under the terms on the dream away rate (the one I booked)

I’ve emailed back asking them to reconsider but it’s left a bad taste, so I started looking around and now I actually think I might even prefer the Hilton Bosphorous.

If anyone has stayed at both and can give me a verdict? Also, has anyone stayed recently at the Hilton. What’s open / closed in these days of Covid?
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I have stayed in both and there is no comparison, the Conrad wins hands down. Loved the rooms, lounge, people and location. Only negative is climbing the hill after a long day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.