Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by razzaba
I just completed a stay at the new Curio property, the Hagia Sofia Mansions. It just became part of the Hilton portfolio this week.

Aside from a couple of to-be-expected hiccups with their systems/IT (given the transition and that I checked in the first day) I have nothing but positive things to say about the property. It did take a short while to understand the layout of the property, as there are several different disconnected buildings that are all a part of the same property, but are not all right next to one another.

The location was awesome - a stone’s throw from the Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet Square/Hippodrome, and Hagia Sophia museum. Very close to Topkapi as well.

As a Diamond (I’m guessing I was the first Diamond at the property) the hotel staff literally treated me like a king and they all were incredibly helpful and attentive. I was upgraded to a very nice suite, was always greeted personally by name (including upon arrival when walking through the door - before I had even attempted to check in or provide ID), and provided with complimentary Turkish tea or coffee any time I asked.

The manager was also insistent, in a good way, that I try a variety of their dishes for both breakfast and dinner (which were brought complimentary, beyond what I had already ordered for dinner) and all were absolutely delicious.

I would highly recommend this property if you want to be in the vicinity of the Old Town historical sights. I only wish I had more time to stay there for pleasure instead of having to also work!
I was just about to ask about this property so I'm happy to see this post. The location seems to be EXCELLENT.
razzaba likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Recommend me a property in Istanbul

Have a 3 night trip at the end of July. Travelling with wife and teen son.

There are so many Hilton’s to choose from in the city. I would like have something nice, ideally in a greet location with good facilities like a super outdoor pool.

A nice exec room and quality breakfast would be a plus too.

suggestions please
Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Then Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus is your choice.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by kingcole974

There are so many Hilton’s to choose from in the city. I would like have something nice, ideally in a greet location with good facilities like a super outdoor pool.

suggestions please
*Best pool and location/OK lounge offerings: Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
*Great pool/best lounge offerings/ best breakfast/decent location: Conrad
*Decent pool (but great indoor pool), good lounge offerings (incredible views) and good breakfast/OK location and high wow factor: Hilton Bomonti

This is of course just my opinion (after several stays in all 3 of them).
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kingcole974

suggestions please
Break free from Hilton for this trip. They are business hotels in Istanbul, and decent for what they are but nothing special. Conrad is weak compared to other properties in the brand. Want something really special with a stunning pool - Four Seasons Bosporus.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I have stayed in most hiltons there. The conrad gets my vote
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Break free from Hilton for this trip.
Good advice, except for maybe a dozen or so Hilton Honors properties worldwide.

Unfortunately to earn the points and status to best take advantage of those 12 hotels, you also need to stay at Hiltons in Istanbul or wherever you go...

FWIW, the Doubletree Old Town is a great choice for those planning on a lot of sightseeing and Grand Bazaaring, although no lounge or pool IIRC.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Delectatio
*Best pool and location/OK lounge offerings: Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
*Great pool/best lounge offerings/ best breakfast/decent location: Conrad
*Decent pool (but great indoor pool), good lounge offerings (incredible views) and good breakfast/OK location and high wow factor: Hilton Bomonti

This is of course just my opinion (after several stays in all 3 of them).
Based purely on lounge offerings and room quality it sounds like the Conrad is a better choice than Hilton Bomonti? Have 3 nights coming up and thinking of changing it to the Conrad. Location isn't a huge issue since we'll probably just taxi to/from the hotel once per day to sightsee.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Check out the new Hagia Sofia Mansions Curio too: I cant vouch for it other than the location. It was opening literally a day or two after I stayed at the Hilton Bosporus. I wanted to check it out. Looked really nice, worth investigating.

The Hilton Bosporus was pretty classy old dame, lounge could have used some better food options, but was fine if you weren’t trying to make a full dinner out of it. Breakfast very good downstairs (free for Diamond). Short walk to rail to go south west to tourist sites. Health club was nice - we had a super late departure flight and ended up freshening up in the spa there after a late checkout and walking around town all day. Steam room, dry sauna, cold plunge pool, normal swimming pool, showers, etc.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Check out the new Hagia Sofia Mansions Curio too: I cant vouch for it other than the location. It was opening literally a day or two after I stayed at the Hilton Bosporus. I wanted to check it out. Looked really nice, worth investigating.

The Hilton Bosporus was pretty classy old dame, lounge could have used some better food options, but was fine if you weren’t trying to make a full dinner out of it. Breakfast very good downstairs (free for Diamond). Short walk to rail to go south west to tourist sites. Health club was nice - we had a super late departure flight and ended up freshening up in the spa there after a late checkout and walking around town all day. Steam room, dry sauna, cold plunge pool, normal swimming pool, showers, etc.
I just completed a 1 week stay at the Hagia Sofia Mansions Curio and it was excellent. Could not fault the location nor the staff. Some teething problems as you would expect, but nothing major. Would definitely recommend, especially if you want to be in close proximity to Hagia Sofia, SultanAhmet and Topkapi.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Ooh tough choices; new Curio? Tried and true Conrad? Hilton bosphorus? We're diamond, priorities are location (close to public transport, nice walking areas around), lounge.

I guess I'm leaning towards the Curio just for location. But open to others. Prices are pretty similar for all hotels for our dates.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:24 am
Suspended

How good is the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus location ? How long does it take to go to visit the main touristy places ?

I was looking at Curio Hagia Sophia, but I'm not willing to spend double the points/money compared to DT Sirkeci or Old Town and still not get a lounge or pool.

The ideal would be a a nice place with pool, lounge AND close to areas of interest for a first visit by walking
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
I have a 6 day stopover in Istanbul from Feb 17 to Feb 23. Unfortunately just going solo as a relative canceled Is there enough stuff to do in istanbul for 6 days? Or do I need to look for a quick trip to another city or even Athens Greece as transportation options.I am a tourist who is not big on typical tourism for an entire trip. Like to mix in slice of life tourism in big cities living a regular slice of life experience for a couple of days.

Anyway, back to the hotels. DT Sirkeci is 19,000 points a night for the lowest room(hoping for an upgrade as Gold). DT Old Town is 23,000 a night. Which is better option for convenience and features? Pool, lounge not important. I plan on taking public transportation a lot if that is convenient. Is it better to choose one of these hotels and take advantage of the 5th day free and just take transportation to other areas of istanbul instead of hotel hopping for proximity to each area of the big city? I like to go back to my hotel room twice a day at least for a break.
A lot of the hiltons in the area are 28,000 to 50,000 points a night!!!!!
I dont mind paying for the 6th day that 30,000 if it's a grand hotel that is clearly a big step up from the DTs.

Also, am i overrated the public transportation proximity factor or is Uber cheap enough?

Also if I choose the 5 day option to get a 5th day free, then I dont have to feel bad about taking a one day trip to another city and leave most of my baggage in the hotel(I am coming from a vacation in another country).

Also , whats the best value (not necessarily the cheapest, but inexpensive and convenient) way to get to the DT Sirkeci//OldTown area from the new airport? Combination of public transportation and uber or just taxi?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by saneman
I have a 6 day stopover in Istanbul from Feb 17 to Feb 23. Unfortunately just going solo as a relative canceled Is there enough stuff to do in istanbul for 6 days? Or do I need to look for a quick trip to another city or even Athens Greece as transportation options...
Take an internal flight to Cappadocia (Nevsehir or Kayseri Airports). It's Turkey bucket list these days.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by saneman
I have a 6 day stopover in Istanbul from Feb 17 to Feb 23. Unfortunately just going solo as a relative canceled Is there enough stuff to do in istanbul for 6 days? Or do I need to look for a quick trip to another city or even Athens Greece as transportation options.I am a tourist who is not big on typical tourism for an entire trip. Like to mix in slice of life tourism in big cities living a regular slice of life experience for a couple of days.

Anyway, back to the hotels. DT Sirkeci is 19,000 points a night for the lowest room(hoping for an upgrade as Gold). DT Old Town is 23,000 a night. Which is better option for convenience and features? Pool, lounge not important. I plan on taking public transportation a lot if that is convenient. Is it better to choose one of these hotels and take advantage of the 5th day free and just take transportation to other areas of istanbul instead of hotel hopping for proximity to each area of the big city? I like to go back to my hotel room twice a day at least for a break.
A lot of the hiltons in the area are 28,000 to 50,000 points a night!!!!!
I dont mind paying for the 6th day that 30,000 if it's a grand hotel that is clearly a big step up from the DTs.

Also, am i overrated the public transportation proximity factor or is Uber cheap enough?

Also if I choose the 5 day option to get a 5th day free, then I dont have to feel bad about taking a one day trip to another city and leave most of my baggage in the hotel(I am coming from a vacation in another country).

Also , whats the best value (not necessarily the cheapest, but inexpensive and convenient) way to get to the DT Sirkeci//OldTown area from the new airport? Combination of public transportation and uber or just taxi?
I stayed in the DT Sirkeci which was fine. Its walking distance to the Hagia Sophia etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.