Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by arlflyer
However if you are a first-timer in Istanbul and want to be closer to the old, famous stuff then you should really consider the DT Old Town
Agree completely. I've stayed at the DT Old Town 4+ times. The hotel itself is fine - not as good as some of the others, but plenty good enough. But for a tourist the location is brilliant.

The Hilton is more out of the way, and the Conrad even more so. Nicer hotels, especially if you want a lounge, but if you're there as a tourist I'd pick the DT Old Town, or if you're there for more than a few days possible the DT Old Town for a few days, and the DT Moda for a few (on the Asian side).
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Opening windows

I would very much appreciate information about which of the properties in Istanbul have windows that can be opened (for fresh air).
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
However if you are a first-timer in Istanbul and want to be closer to the old, famous stuff then you should really consider the DT Old Town.
Agree this is a nice central location for tourism and I felt the property was a very solid value.

Originally Posted by helosc
I would very much appreciate information about which of the properties in Istanbul have windows that can be opened (for fresh air).
The windows at the DT push out at the bottom.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Kacee

The windows at the DT push out at the bottom.
Thank you.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:51 pm

Hilton Hotels in Istanbul and public transport

The number of Hilton group properties in Istanbul is impressive - and quite baffling for someone who has rarely ventured out of the Ataturk airport area.

Which are the properties (without an airport shuttle) that are easiest to reach using public transport (not taxis)?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...wn-tur-11.html
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the Conrad last year which has a nice EL (amazing view of the Bosphorous in the morning). It's about a 10-12 minute walk down the hill to the Metro.

Requires a transfer from the airport though I was able to get a private one for €60 RT so if you are willing to do that for the airport transfer and then walk / metro the rest of the time it's a good option. That's what I did which made the airport transfer palatable.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by phoochka
The number of Hilton group properties in Istanbul is impressive - and quite baffling for someone who has rarely ventured out of the Ataturk airport area.

Which are the properties (without an airport shuttle) that are easiest to reach using public transport (not taxis)?
Doubletree Old Town.

IIRC Metro + Tram gets you there from Ataturk. Then you can easily move around the sights of Istanbul walking or on the tram.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Istanbul Bosphorus

The new(ish) metro line takes you from Ataturk Airport (IST) to Taksim with just one relatively easy change. The Hilton is 5-10 minutes walk from the metro, best use the Gezi Park exit. The Hotel has quite a bit of history and is good for getting round the city, besides the metro you can take the funicular down to the Bosphorus and take a river taxi across to the Asia side or down to the Old city. The hotel has a bit of history and has featured in a few films, it often has good points and cash rates worth looking at too.
Old May 8, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
My favorites (in order of preference) :

1. Bomonti (new, clean, amazing view, great lounge)
2. Conrad (will be great after renovation, stunning suite with terrace)
3. For IST : garden inn (because they upgrade diamonds to suite with terrace, really love it. Great value for money near the airport. Avoid in winter, they have heating issues).

I would avoid :
- Double tree : 3 of them, bad or so so experience there.
- Hilton and Hilton SA : old, dated and only if you love the hilton style from the 80s.
Old May 8, 2016, 2:57 pm

Loved the Bomonti Hilton hotel, great service and beautiful hotel!
Old May 31, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG,
Which property for best EL and Diamond benefits

My husband and I are off to Istanbul in November for a couple of nights prior to a cruise. We've been to Istanbul before and have seen a lot of the tourist sites. On this trip we want to relax, and see some of the city but being right in the prime tourist area isn't a must. What we would prefer is some luxury along with a great EL and Diamond experience. We're currently booked at the Conrad (I'm hoping it will be a similar experience to the Conrad Singapore) but I'm wondering if this is the best choice. I'd love others opinion.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Coldweathergirl
My husband and I are off to Istanbul in November for a couple of nights prior to a cruise. We've been to Istanbul before and have seen a lot of the tourist sites. On this trip we want to relax, and see some of the city but being right in the prime tourist area isn't a must. What we would prefer is some luxury along with a great EL and Diamond experience. We're currently booked at the Conrad (I'm hoping it will be a similar experience to the Conrad Singapore) but I'm wondering if this is the best choice. I'd love others opinion.
I don't think the Conrad is going to compare to that in Singapore necessarily - from what I have heard it has cut some benefits including the quality of the lounge offerings, as well as the lounge location. You may wish to consult the property thread here, paying attention to the most recent (2015 and beyond) posts.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:35 pm

Hilton Bomonti , is a relatively new property . They have a great EL with spectacular views on top floor with both city and Bosphorus views. Short cab ride to most places.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG,
Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely follow that thread and maybe I'll double book for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.