Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
I loved IST but don't try to use public transit....way too dirty, confusing and long, smelly, etc......TAXI's are the way to go.
If you want to be close to the tourist area of Sultanahmet near the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar, the reservoir and and the Sofia, the Doubletree Old Town is in a great position.

And the public transport is comfortable and easy from there, there is a tram stop outside the hotel which takes you to any of these places in a few minutes. Occasionally an overcrowded tram might show up but just wait for the next one. Be sure to buy tokens at the machine before getting on the tram, one token takes you anywhere so you can for example stay on the tram till the terminus , then catch another tram back, great sightseeing tour all for one token...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA, Gold Hilton, Gold SPG
I'm in similar situation I will be going to Istanbul in early Dec. The best I could get for an executive room is over $400/night. I feel this too much. Is this is the normal rat for Hilton in Istanbul?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by mastersale
I'm in similar situation I will be going to Istanbul in early Dec. The best I could get for an executive room is over $400/night. I feel this too much. Is this is the normal rat for Hilton in Istanbul?
This a case where HHonors points are extremely valuable...@:-)
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
This a case where HHonors points are extremely valuable...@:-)
Only if standard rooms are available. Otherwise bohica.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by mastersale
The easiest way to figure that out is to search another date for the same hotel, or use the "flexible dates" option to view the rates over a couple of weeks time.

For early December, is looks like the rate for a normal room is 330 TRY, except for Dec 5 and 6, where the rates peak to 490 TRY.

The executive room rates appear to be pretty stable across the dates I saw: 600 TRY (648 after taxes) which is around $360. Airlines often offer much lower fares through Turkish travel agents, perhaps hotels do the same thing?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA, Gold Hilton, Gold SPG
Thanks for the Tip. My dates are Nov 29 - Dec 2nd, 2012.
So strange, if I check the rates for dates above then avg rate is 530 TRY/ night.
If I change my reservation into two separate ones
1- Nov 29 for one night
2- Nov 30th - Dec 2nd.
Then the rate drops to 330 TRY a night. That sound like a trick it for HH web site .
That is a save of $100/night
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: UA PP, HH Diamond
Istanbul Hotel for 1 Night

Hi, traveling from Tel Aviv to NYC and have a 24 hr layover in Istanbul. Need a Hilton property recommendation where I can easily (either via shuttle, taxi, train, etc) to visit some historical things. This will be for a Saturday. I arrive in Istanbul at 9:30 am and do not fly out until early the next morning. Thank you!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:17 am

You do realize that there are multiple existing threads in this forum discussing Istanbul properties that can be found by using the search function?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA PP, HH Diamond
Thanks. Not necessary to be so rude.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Kuuru
Thanks. Not necessary to be so rude.
You're welcome.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:53 pm

Hilton Istanbul would be the best:

Next to the Taksim place where the bus from the airport arrives/departs. All the hop-on hop-off busses depart from taksim (about 20 EUR for a day ticket). I would recommend to do that to see the most of Istanbul during your short layover.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by Kuuru
Hi, traveling from Tel Aviv to NYC and have a 24 hr layover in Istanbul. Need a Hilton property recommendation where I can easily (either via shuttle, taxi, train, etc) to visit some historical things. This will be for a Saturday. I arrive in Istanbul at 9:30 am and do not fly out until early the next morning. Thank you!
I agree fully with Tirreg.

Originally Posted by Tirreg
Hilton Istanbul would be the best:

Next to the Taksim place where the bus from the airport arrives/departs. All the hop-on hop-off busses depart from taksim (about 20 EUR for a day ticket). I would recommend to do that to see the most of Istanbul during your short layover.
However, I prefer the Conrad myself. The views from the Conrad Bar/Executive Lounge are spectacular. It is not too far from the Hilton either. However, Hilton's location can't be beat.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I hear people speak of the Conrad, Hilton and DT-Old Town but no mention of the DT-Avcilar. Why? Has anyone stayed there? They do offer free airport shuttle service. I also have a 5:55 AM flight, anyone have any advice on making that from any of these properties?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Which Hilton Istanbul?

Am taking Mrs G-ARVE on a business/pleasure couple of days to Istanbul in June, and while 1 night has to be at the Conrad am wondering whether for the other two nights one of the other Hiltons might offer better value for money. Have heard rumours that this Conrad may be a bit on the tired side and am prepared to relocate if I can get a better experience in one of the other reasonably central Hilton alternatives.

Have to admit a loyalty to Conrad, but that has been gained in Singapore and Hong Kong, both being stand-out examples of the brand.

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Well, we loved the (non-Conrad) Hilton when visiting Istanbul a couple of years ago, but it's a bit on the tired side itself, kind of vintage 1970s. Haven't been to the Double Tree, but it has a much better location than the other three Hiltons in that it's much closer to the main tourist attractions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.