Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 12:09 pm

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the original Hilton Istanbul and it was a DECENT property. Very dated and the service was so-so.

In hindsight, I probably would have opted to stay at the DT- Old Town based on proximity to tourist attractions.

Overall, Conrad probably has the best lounge, Hilton has best views and DT best location.
Old May 13, 2012, 2:11 am

Alright then I am planning on the DT OT. How is the Continental breakfast? Or better to skip and take the 1000 extra points? Know nothing about Turkish food.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Alright then I am planning on the DT OT. How is the Continental breakfast? Or better to skip and take the 1000 extra points? Know nothing about Turkish food.
Breakfast at DT OT is decent. It has both Turkish and western. For extra 1000 points, I would say go for it unless you are a Gold or Platinum, which you will be given the breakfast coupons.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I currently hold a reservation at DT OT (which I stayed last year) and the Hilton Istanbul (20K + 130T). Now Conrad is also available at (20K+125T).

I am inclined to stay at Hilton or Conrad. I have read many reviews. But what would you recommend as I am arriving around 5.30 AM (so I could perhaps check in at either Hilton or Conrad) and leaving out Atartuk at 8 AM flight. Do you think Hilton or Conrad will get me an early check in as DT OT did for me last year?

Any suggestions?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, etc
Istanbul Hilton properties

Hubby & I are Hilton H Diamond members traveling to Istanbul in Nov for long weekend. Which is Best of the Hilton's in the city?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT, referencelib! I think you'll get the best collection of answers in our dedicated Hilton forum rather than this one, so I'm going to move this thread there so those knowledgable folks can comment.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mixup
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The following threads have some info that you can review:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...light=istanbul
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, etc
Most appreciated
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by wyoon
I currently hold a reservation at DT OT (which I stayed last year) and the Hilton Istanbul (20K + 130T). Now Conrad is also available at (20K+125T).

I am inclined to stay at Hilton or Conrad. I have read many reviews. But what would you recommend as I am arriving around 5.30 AM (so I could perhaps check in at either Hilton or Conrad) and leaving out Atartuk at 8 AM flight. Do you think Hilton or Conrad will get me an early check in as DT OT did for me last year?

Any suggestions?
Not sure why you are in IST, but the location of the DT OT is so much better than the Hilton and Conrad that unless I was on a business trip would put the DT first. Having stayed at both on my last trip, I found at the Hilton I was spending a lot of time getting to and from the hotel while at the DT everything was an easy talk or the tram was right at the door. If you travel light the DT is also an easy train/tram ride from the airport.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:48 am

I would definitely opt for the Hilton Istanbul. (Not to be mistaken with Hilton ParkSA) Great staff, walking distance from Taksim Square and great view on Bosphorus. I will be there again in 2 weeks. Can't wait!
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1.2 MM), UA Premier PLT, DL Scum, HH Diamond, Enterprise GLD
HGI Golden Horn

Just finished a stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Golden Horn. Stayed on points and couldn't "afford" other properties in the city. Nice location, new property. In a neighborhood and away from the bustle of the city. Upgraded to a room with a balcony to overlook the inlet that comes into that area.

Short (10-15 min) to major sites. Overall nice stay but missed a full service hotel a bit.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
We stayed at the Hilton Istanbul many times, most recently in April and it was wonderful. The rooms all have balconies with great views of the City. This may be the original overseas Hilton but it shows it's age well and the service and the lounge was great. The location near Taskim made getting around the city easy.

Be aware that the relatively isolated location and size makes it a favorite of diplomatic meetings. Every time I was there there has been some big international conference with lots of security.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:07 am

I've only stayed at the Hilton and agree that it is not in the middle of the action, although not all that far away. However, it is a great historic hotel. It was Hilton's first European hotel. There are numerous pictures of famous people that have stayed there. It is very well maintained, and the concierge lounge is excellent.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I just booked the DT in istanbul for 3 nights in Nov only 78,000 pts for a King Deluxe room with Terrace and no cash! Was surprised it was so low compared to what the standard room rates were.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.