Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by anabolism
I don't believe it is against Hilton policy for a hotel to offer benefits beyond what is required. Just as an example, the Conrad Hong Kong offers a full breakfast to Gold and Diamond guests (as most Hilton properties outside the US do), even though Hilton policy only requires Continental breakfast. If the Conrad were to promise lounge access to a Gold, I can't imagine they'd be in violation of any Hilton policy. However, why would they want to do that when the longe might become overcrowded?
IME, I’ve found executive floor to be basically any floor with the front desk coding my room key with EL access.
Once I had a back to back stay, first night booked direct as diamond, second night booked OTA prepaid, so no perks second night, but a killer deal. What happened was the hotel kept me in the same room but when they re-checked me in for the second night, they removed the EL access. Didn’t matter as I would’ve been away during the EL hours and had an early flight to catch the next morning.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
I just stayed at this hotel and have a question about how the suites are arranged. I stayed in room 5626, which had a living room, and then an internal bedroom that had a door with 5601 on it. I also noticed the living room had a door that could lock out 5601 and had a connecting door to 5602 next door.

how does this work? Are 5601 (5626 in suite config) and 5602 just both standard rooms that can “swing” into a suite with the living room in between? Could they both be combined into a 2 bedroom suite?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
I just stayed at this hotel and have a question about how the suites are arranged. I stayed in room 5626, which had a living room, and then an internal bedroom that had a door with 5601 on it. I also noticed the living room had a door that could lock out 5601 and had a connecting door to 5602 next door.

how does this work? Are 5601 (5626 in suite config) and 5602 just both standard rooms that can “swing” into a suite with the living room in between? Could they both be combined into a 2 bedroom suite?
Yes. The corner suites are living rooms with a half-bath and connecting doors to standard rooms on each side. They can be sold as-is (e.g., for a meeting) or as part of a one- or two-bedroom suite, or allocated as two rooms.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:16 pm

Hello,

we have an upcoming stay booked with standard awards; one standard room booked by my spouse with diamond status and the other standard room booked by myself with gold status. We are a party of 6, is it possible to have connecting rooms? Can folks share their experiences/reviews with these types of rooms if any?

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by doesun
we have an upcoming stay booked with standard awards; one standard room booked by my spouse with diamond status and the other standard room booked by myself with gold status. We are a party of 6, is it possible to have connecting rooms? Can folks share their experiences/reviews with these types of rooms if any?
Yes there are connecting rooms.
I've stayed at this hotel many times. Never had a connecting room until last week we were upgraded from standard room to a corner suite for the first time ever!
Anyways, the corner suite was a connecting room. Actually this is mentioned above. The living room + toilet (-01) connects to rooms -26 and -02.
If you're lucky, you might end up with a corner suite + connecting room.

Other than the suite, I don't ever remember staying in a connecting room. So perhaps the only connecting rooms involve corner suite?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Booked a 3-night stay,
2 nights in Executive Peak View, with cash.
1 night in Standard Room, with points.
Upgraded to Executive Harbor View for all 3 nights.

Executive rooms receive 1 complimentary pressing, and free local calls.

The lounge staff are very friendly, but the lounge is super crowded for evening snacks.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:53 pm

My suggestion is to book two rooms under your Spouse's account, so both show Diamond benefits, and make a request in the "Additional Requests" section for connecting rooms.

There are standard rooms that connect to each other (in the center of the floors), as well as corner suites that connect to a standard room (at the ends of the floors). The standard rooms connect where the closets are. The corner suites connect through the living room.
doesun and evergrn like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I just had two stays at the Conrad Hong Kong. First times ever in a Conrad.

First stay: Booked a standard room, Received upgrade to Executive room Peak View. One bear was waiting in the room. We liked that from Floor 60 we could use the small stairs to get to the Executive Lounge. The whole stay was very smooth, just like we like it.

Second stay: Booked an Executive room Harbour View. The day before, when I tried to do the e-check-in, I was only offered the choice of one room. It was on Floor 56 so I did not complete the check-in. We arrived at the hotel to find a crowd in a not defined line waiting to check-in. Since I had booked an Executive room, I asked if we could go to the Executive Lounge to check-in. I was told that it was not possible because the agent was otherwise occupied. I find this extremely surprising as at the Hilton Athens in Greece I'm always allowed to check-in at the Executive Lounge even though there I never book an Executive room. At that point, they did make an attempt to create a defined line. Result: wait 30 minutes standing up to check-in. Felt like I was in a very low class hotel. I would have rather waited 30 minutes or 1 hour or 2 hours sitting in the lounge, enjoying the views. At check-in, I'm provided the same room I had rejected the previous day on Floor 56. I asked if they did not have another room available. I was offered grudgingly a room on Floor 57. I took that one. Room had a good view but we disliked that we had to wait for the elevators to go get breakfast at the Executive Lounge. Two bears arrived at the turndown service time.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:30 pm

Thanks for the advice, as well as the information on the connecting rooms.

we'll try and see if we can pool the points and have my spouse make the booking pending availability as the nights we're staying appears to have no standard rooms available now (not sure if me canceling will put the standard room back into award inventory but not willing to take that chance). unless an informed agent can make the changes for us
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:41 pm

we'll try and see if we can pool the points and have my spouse make the booking pending availability as the nights we're staying appears to have no standard rooms available now (not sure if me canceling will put the standard room back into award inventory but not willing to take that chance). unless an informed agent can make the changes for us
In your case, I would email the hotel, provide both confirmation numbers, and ask them to allocate connecting rooms, and provide Diamond benefits to both rooms, although with three people in each room that might be not as easy. I wouldn't risk cancelling a room unless the hotel says they can't grant Diamond benefits to both rooms.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I just completed a 2-night stay over the weekend. The executive lounge seems much more crowded than I remember in prior years and service was so-so. Usually once I check in, the EL staff remembers me and welcomes me as I stop in for food or beverages. However, there seemed to be a revolving door of staff this weekend since it was so crowded and I've had to give my room number no less than 3 times each day for each time I walked in (sometimes to just grab a latte or soda). As for the room, I'm a Diamond and received an upgrade from standard room to harbourview. No suite given, but we didn't request one. One thing I miss are the chocolates in the room for Diamonds. They had fruit and almond cookies with cherries in the room, but no chocolates - not even at turn down. And the weird part is that I had my own fruit that I brought to the hotel - but the person that put together my welcome fruit took away mine and replaced it with theirs.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I just completed a 2-night stay over the weekend. The executive lounge seems much more crowded than I remember in prior years and service was so-so. Usually once I check in, the EL staff remembers me and welcomes me as I stop in for food or beverages. However, there seemed to be a revolving door of staff this weekend since it was so crowded and I've had to give my room number no less than 3 times each day for each time I walked in (sometimes to just grab a latte or soda). As for the room, I'm a Diamond and received an upgrade from standard room to harbourview. No suite given, but we didn't request one. One thing I miss are the chocolates in the room for Diamonds. They had fruit and almond cookies with cherries in the room, but no chocolates - not even at turn down. And the weird part is that I had my own fruit that I brought to the hotel - but the person that put together my welcome fruit took away mine and replaced it with theirs.
My wife and I also had a 2-night stay at the Conrad Hong Kong this past weekend. Most probably we crossed paths in the Executive Lounge. Saturday night was packed. Sunday night had more space available. Like you, we had to give our room number every time we entered the Lounge. The part that I disliked is that they were trying to tell us where to sit. One of the employees was quite abrupt about it. We prefer to look around (especially, since that lounge is not one big space, there are 4 small rooms) and find the most pleasant location.

I hope that they gave you a good room for your upgraded Harbour View. For our paid Executive King Harbour View they tried to dump us in the lowest floor possible. Not too happy about that as I have higher expectations when I pay 60% more for the room.

I'm only Gold but also found that the welcome gift was subpar: one banana, one orange, two apples, one pear. During this trip to Hong Kong we had our first two stays in a Conrad. We usually stay in Hiltons in Europe and Asia (I don't get welcome gifts in the US) and I have received chocolates, chocolate bars, cookies, patisseries, half bottles of wine and small bottles of liqueur. And when the welcome gifts were fruits, the fruits were more enticing: chocolate covered strawberries, some assortments that included raspberries and blueberries and more tasty fruits.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I'm only Gold but also found that the welcome gift was subpar: one banana, one orange, two apples, one pear. During this trip to Hong Kong we had our first two stays in a Conrad. We usually stay in Hiltons in Europe and Asia (I don't get welcome gifts in the US) and I have received chocolates, chocolate bars, cookies, patisseries, half bottles of wine and small bottles of liqueur. And when the welcome gifts were fruits, the fruits were more enticing: chocolate covered strawberries, some assortments that included raspberries and blueberries and more tasty fruits.
I believe the fresh fruit is an amenity rather than a welcome gift. In my experience, the fresh fruit is replenished daily from a cart. The welcome gift has always been an ornate box filled with small confections (tarts, chocolates, etc.) and a pot of hot tea. The confection has always been in my room upon check-in, and never replenished. The tea has always been brought to my room after check-in, and not replenished.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
IWe arrived at the hotel to find a crowd in a not defined line waiting to check-in. Since I had booked an Executive room, I asked if we could go to the Executive Lounge to check-in. I was told that it was not possible because the agent was otherwise occupied.
I had a poor check-in experience my last time here, as well. And then a real hassle over room assignment because they gave away the room I had selected at check-in, and gave us instead a room with a strong mildew odor and were not all responsive when I asked to be moved. My sense is that they have quite a few rooms that are undesirable due to moisture damage to the carpets and when the hotel is full this causes problems that the staff are really tired of dealing with.

I honestly don't think there's any meaningful difference though between floors 56, 57, 59, or 60 in terms of view. The bigger concern is whether they put you on the side of the building where the view is partially blocked by the Shangri-La. Note also that harbour view rooms on 59 are undesirable because they require a very long walk all the way around the floor, as the lounge blocks the direct access.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know..............Despite the fact that I have been a regular at this Conrad for years, and have always thought the EL was ok-good, I have never shared in the enthusiasm here at FT about how "awesome" it supposedly is/was. Yes, if you were only used to US or European EL's it would of course be excellent, but if you are a regular at EL's in Asia, it has never been more than "Good" and never "excellent".,
serfty and wantan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.