Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Just out of pure curiosity (since managers tend to jump around from brand to brand and even more so from country to country), was this a Conrad GM? In Asia?
it was a GM at a Hilton hotel in Asia.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by greg0ire
Thanks. Did one close recently? Not pleased about this.
obviously im late to the thread, but THE hilton HK was shut in 1996, iirc.

theres a hilton garden inn now, however.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by markis10

Given the owner has a couple of Fullerton’s in Singapore and a few years back bought the Western Sydney, they may now feel they can go it alone or consolidate management .

half correct

you’re talking about the sino group.

and swire (also a co-owner of jw and shangri-la for the last 25 years or so, and the owner of the upper house) owns 20% of conrad hk. And they are the developer of the mall/office.

its now been cleared up anyways but i aould be well too surprised if they decide to unbrand them.

visited a mate over the weekend n i think theybneed some proper refurb tho
Old May 27, 2018, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Airport Express from HKG to a cab. You will have to arrange an uber, the cab is likely already there.

I simply followed the signs to the ground transportation, walked out the door and there were cabs in a line. I took the first one. This was a weekday morning during rush hour. It was a little longer because of traffic (but the MTR would be crowded for someone with a suitcase). I think it was $5.

The cab pulls up to the front entrance and someone runs out and takes my bag and I go check in. Easy.
not true.
often times u have to wait for a cab
and between an uber driver who has a DL but doesnt know what he’s doing other than what the app says vs a taxi driver who is often a scammer, id take an uber.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
So it would be unknown to say
"Yes we will upgrade you for tonight but I cannot guarantee the other 4 nights ...you may need to move to the correct room during the other 4 days"
Old May 27, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by kaka

not true.
often times u have to wait for a cab
and between an uber driver who has a DL but doesnt know what he’s doing other than what the app says vs a taxi driver who is often a scammer, id take an uber.
Taxis in Hong Kong are quite heavily regulated and if you have an issue with one scamming you, you can report them and they will lose their ability to run the taxi. Taxis there are not like in the US...
Old May 27, 2018, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Beano
So it would be unknown to say
"Yes we will upgrade you for tonight but I cannot guarantee the other 4 nights ...you may need to move to the correct room during the other 4 days"
Yes, that's basically unknown. Hotels hate moving guests during their stays. It might be possible if you specifically request it, but there's a (good) chance you'll be completely without a room for a few hours.
Old May 28, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by bamboola
Response below from Conrad Hong Kong's Management and I am very relieved.

Conrad Hong Kong is still Conrad Hong Kong and for the next few years that will stay that way. Indeed, the hotel is operating under a management agreement, which will continue for the foreseeable future.

My apologies for spreading "fake news." I should have checked directly with Conrad Hong Kong first before I shared the info given me by another Hilton GM.
What a relief.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bamboola
Response below from Conrad Hong Kong's Management and I am very relieved.

Conrad Hong Kong is still Conrad Hong Kong and for the next few years that will stay that way. Indeed, the hotel is operating under a management agreement, which will continue for the foreseeable future.

My apologies for spreading "fake news." I should have checked directly with Conrad Hong Kong first before I shared the info given me by another Hilton GM.
Yes, because of your post I got harassed about the fact that there are lots of hotels in Hong Kong when I was complaining that I had two award stays (valued at a total of $2,400) and an unbranding would be a disaster for me. There are other posts where people complain about being charged $3.29 for a tip for the free breakfast in Hiltons.........
Michael19887 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Yes, because of your post I got harassed......
It's true that he caused some panic here. But let's not make him feel bad. I believe he was simply relaying the message from a Hilton source in attempt to inform us, rather than pull a prank. This time it was a false alarm, but another time it could be breaking news. So we should always encourage people to share inside info like this.
bamboola, stevie and teemuflyer like this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I just completed a five night stay here on points. Had booked a standard king; ended up getting upgraded to a King Executive Harbor Suite. Hands down best upgrade I’ve ever gotten as an Honors member.

Executive lounge was good, too. Just a little bit crowded at certain times.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sannmann
I just completed a five night stay here on points. Had booked a standard king; ended up getting upgraded to a King Executive Harbor Suite. Hands down best upgrade I’ve ever gotten as an Honors member.

Executive lounge was good, too. Just a little bit crowded at certain times.
were you silver or gold or diamond?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Beano
were you silver or gold or diamond?
Hi,

His profile states Diamond so I assume that was his status ( ignoring the possibility that the status has changed but the profile has not been updated). A very good upgrade!

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

His profile states Diamond so I assume that was his status ( ignoring the possibility that the status has changed but the profile has not been updated). A very good upgrade!

Regards

TBS
Indeed, profile is correct. Diamond here.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:05 pm

I really enjoyed my 2 week stay here, what a treat.

As a Gold member, I was upgraded from a standard room to a Peak view Executive room. Waking up to the lush greenery of the mountain each morning was a great way to start the day. I liked many things about my room:
- wonderful view
- fresh flowers
- teddy bear and rubber duck
- large, gorgeous marble washroom, with 3 different high-end brands of toiletries to try
- super soft Frette bedding.... such dreamy bedding!
- great housekeeping staff
- TWG tea, fresh fruit, and one night - even a tray of delicious macarons (consumed all at once)
- ample closet space

The hotel itself is lux, and the service everywhere is welcoming and helpful (restaurants, lounge, concierge, doormen, all fantastic). Location is prime, on top of a high end shopping mall and close to MTR and the offices in Central. Very nice outdoor pool and terrace. Large selection at breakfast (a feast, really!). The Exec lounge is great and if you wanted to, you could eat breakfast lunch and dinner here with all their tasty snacks. My favourite lounge food included their bacon wrapped scallops and steamed cod.

The only cons I can think of are:
- long elevator wait/ride times due to so many guests and so many floors
- I don't like walking on carpet in my room (personal preference is hardwood flooring)

Overall, this hotel deserves its 5 stars and more! Highly recommended

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.