Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Hong Kong cancels New Year fireworks as city mourns fatal bus crash victims
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Hong Kong cancels New Year fireworks as city mourns fatal bus crash victims

yeah - sad of course for the bus crash victims, but odd. I couldn't see NYC cancelling the ball drop on NYE because there was a motorway accident a couple weeks before.

That's got to cause huge cancellations for dinners, harbor cruises, hotel stays, etc.

I'm here now and the hotel is really nice - showing a little age, but brekkie is real good, lounge pretty good, housekeeping great, doormen a little inattentive (or I've been dressed like a slob so no one's getting my door and the amenities very nice upgraded to a suite but not harbor view (I expected that, with people paying high dollar for NYE fireworks bookings assumed.)

for that matter, I'd think the big buck buffet that's in the Exec Lounge this weekend would kinda be a bust with no fireworks cap the night.

TDM
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
the big buck buffet planned in the Exec Lounge this weekend has been cancelled (or moved elsewhere), the lounge is open for use as usual.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Had a good one-night stay here recently.

If you don't mind a little extra time on the MTR there's a cheaper option to getting to the airport.

When using an Octopus card, there's no charge for MTR trips when connecting to the airport express. Normally this would mean you wouldn't pay for the Admiralty<->Central leg when connecting to/from the airport express.

However it also applies if you catch the Airport Express at Tsing Yi. Thus you can ride the MTR from Admiralty to Tsing Yi (which requires a transfer at Lai King - but it's directly across the platform so a simple change), and then pick up the Airport Express from there.

Total charge on Octopus is HK$65, rather than the HK$110 via Central/Hong Kong station. Travel time was about 10 minutes more.

In practice I'm not sure I would have bothered - but the fact I had ended up with exactly $15.3 on my Octopus card ($65.3 including the $50 you can go negative!) was a sign that this was the route to take
Beano likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by docbert
Had a good one-night stay here recently.

If you don't mind a little extra time on the MTR there's a cheaper option to getting to the airport.

When using an Octopus card, there's no charge for MTR trips when connecting to the airport express. Normally this would mean you wouldn't pay for the Admiralty<->Central leg when connecting to/from the airport express.

However it also applies if you catch the Airport Express at Tsing Yi. Thus you can ride the MTR from Admiralty to Tsing Yi (which requires a transfer at Lai King - but it's directly across the platform so a simple change), and then pick up the Airport Express from there.

Total charge on Octopus is HK$65, rather than the HK$110 via Central/Hong Kong station. Travel time was about 10 minutes more.

In practice I'm not sure I would have bothered - but the fact I had ended up with exactly $15.3 on my Octopus card ($65.3 including the $50 you can go negative!) was a sign that this was the route to take
would this work in reverse too?
from the airport ?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Beano
from the airport ?
Good question - I've never tried because the fares are pretty cheap anyway, especially if you buy from klook.com or kkday.com
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Beano
from the airport ?
Yes. Coming from the airport I was staying at the HGI Mong Kok, and in that direction it worked out exactly the same - $65 for the train to Tsing Yi, then $0 for the MTR to Mong Kok (which is the same line but a few stops before the Conrad/Admiralty).

Based on what I read on one of the official websites, the "cheaper" trip between the Airport Express and the MTR is free, regardless of which comes first. As I suspect it's impossible to spend $65 on the MTR, and the cheapest Airport Express trip is $65, that's going to mean the MTR is always the free trip regardless of direction.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:06 pm

I have couple question rewarding transportation to Conrad Hong Kong . If someone know, please advise
a) Have anyone take the bus A11 from airport to Admiralty Station, Queensway (bus stop #8 ) and Luard Road, Hennessy Road ( bus stop #9 ) . Which one will easy to catch a taxi to Conrad. Is there taxi rank at Admiralty Station and at all MRT exit in Hong Kong . Will it easy to hail the red cab on the street with luggage
b) If I have 3 full days in Hong Kong, how much money is reasonable to top up the octopus card so that we ca use it for transportation during 3 days stay . We plan to see the peak, ride star ferry and enjoy some local food.
c) Is there any ATM or money exchange location near Conrad Hong Kong
d) I am a diamond member ( thru credit card), if I show up at Conrad around 8:00am, what chances I will get a room check in that early and If I book a standard room, will it a high chance for my to get upgrade to King Harbor view room .
e) For those who get upgraded to a suites room, how did you do that. Are you a frequent customers at this Conrad Hong Kong ?
f) I take a look at Hilton Garden Inn Mong Kok and do 't mind to stay there if the bus A21 stop very close to that hotel. I tried Google map , but unable to see where bus A21 stop exact location.

Thank you
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I have couple question rewarding transportation to Conrad Hong Kong . If someone know, please advise
a) Have anyone take the bus A11 from airport to Admiralty Station, Queensway (bus stop #8 ) and Luard Road, Hennessy Road ( bus stop #9 ) . Which one will easy to catch a taxi to Conrad. Is there taxi rank at Admiralty Station and at all MRT exit in Hong Kong . Will it easy to hail the red cab on the street with luggage
b) If I have 3 full days in Hong Kong, how much money is reasonable to top up the octopus card so that we ca use it for transportation during 3 days stay . We plan to see the peak, ride star ferry and enjoy some local food.
c) Is there any ATM or money exchange location near Conrad Hong Kong
d) I am a diamond member ( thru credit card), if I show up at Conrad around 8:00am, what chances I will get a room check in that early and If I book a standard room, will it a high chance for my to get upgrade to King Harbor view room .
e) For those who get upgraded to a suites room, how did you do that. Are you a frequent customers at this Conrad Hong Kong ?
f) I take a look at Hilton Garden Inn Mong Kok and do 't mind to stay there if the bus A21 stop very close to that hotel. I tried Google map , but unable to see where bus A21 stop exact location.

Thank you
My answers:

a) Never taken a bus to the Conrad, but the Admiralty is where the Conrad is, so taking taxi from there is kind of pointless. You will get multiple suggestions on the best way from the airport, but I simply take the HKIA Express train to the Hong Kong Station and taxi from there..
b) Hard to answer, since I don't use the Octopus card for food, although it is possible at some locations. If you're just using it for the Star Ferry, some subway rides and perhaps the Ding Ding trolley, HK$ 100 should be enough. Easy enough to add value if needed. Also, I highly suggest just taking a taxi from the Conrad to the Peak and take the funicular back down. The lines going up can be insane..
c) Closest ATMs that I'm aware of are in the Pacific Place mall. Take the elevator from the Conrad all the way down, turn to your left once entering the mall proper and follow the walk to the far west end..
d) Diamonds are treated well as this property. We are pseudo-frequent guests, so we get upgraded most of the time, but room type varies on availability. If there is a room available, you might get it right as you check in, and your chances are higher if you ask to be checked in upstairs at the Executive Lounge (as a DIA). If no room is not available, you can still have breakfast either in the EL or downstairs at the Garden Café.
e) As mentioned above.. it depends.
f) No idea about bus, but I can attest that the HGI is nothing like the Conrad, although very clean and friendly in my only experience there.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Also, I highly suggest just taking a taxi from the Conrad to the Peak and take the funicular back down. The lines going up can be insane..
The line going up is mainly to purchase tickets. If you use an Octopus card you can skip the line and go straight to the turnstiles.

Price for the return trip using Octopus is the same as buying a return ticket - $37 for the first trip, and $15 for the second.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by docbert
The line going up is mainly to purchase tickets. If you use an Octopus card you can skip the line and go straight to the turnstiles.

Price for the return trip using Octopus is the same as buying a return ticket - $37 for the first trip, and $15 for the second.
Still insane in my opinion, but I get your point. The taxi ride does provide another interesting set of views of the trip up to the peak and ones gets yet another perspective coming down using the funicular..
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:27 pm

Thank You All for details information .
Will take a taxi up to the peak. Does anyone has idea how much a one way taxi cost . Can I pay taxi fee with Octopus card .
I am learning toward taking the bus because someone mention on line that I am able some of Hong Kong scenery if taking the airport bus. However, I may change mind if DH has issue with his mobility again. Is here any elevator / lift at Hong Kong and at Admiralty station
How easy to hail a taxi at near MRT exits. I know that Conrad is not far Admiralty MRT, but I may need more information to decide which transportation work best for us.
if possible, can someone direct me how to get to Conrad from Pacific Place with easy walk .
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Thank You All for details information .
Will take a taxi up to the peak. Does anyone has idea how much a one way taxi cost . Can I pay taxi fee with Octopus card .
I am learning toward taking the bus because someone mention on line that I am able some of Hong Kong scenery if taking the airport bus. However, I may change mind if DH has issue with his mobility again. Is here any elevator / lift at Hong Kong and at Admiralty station
How easy to hail a taxi at near MRT exits. I know that Conrad is not far Admiralty MRT, but I may need more information to decide which transportation work best for us.
if possible, can someone direct me how to get to Conrad from Pacific Place with easy walk .
Conrad is in Pacific Place, just take an escalator or lift up and follow sign - easy to find. Taxi is quite cheap, it should be around $40HK, and yes, you can pay with Octopus card in most taxis. And yes, take airport bus - I took it at least 50 times :-)
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:25 pm

Anybody knows if the hotel is planning a renovation? I love it there, but the furniture is worn out, and the rooms show its age (27!) - about time to do something about it, I want more luxurious environment in hard product.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kat007
Conrad is in Pacific Place, just take an escalator or lift up and follow sign - easy to find. Taxi is quite cheap, it should be around $40HK, and yes, you can pay with Octopus card in most taxis. And yes, take airport bus - I took it at least 50 times :-)
Thanks for your direction. I see the bus stop #8 on google map right in front of United Centre, but it is located in the opposite side of pacific Place. I see pedestrian over pass crossing but not sure how I can get to it. If anyone know the way, please tell me.

Last edited by vnfilm1; Mar 12, 2018 at 10:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.