Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Tokyoite

aaaand it happened. I’m grateful to have kept my GH reservation. Definitely canceling the Conrad one!

on the Conrad website now.
The Executive Lounge will be closed from 12noon onwards on 17 February 2018 for the CNY Fireworks Seafood Dinner Buffet. Special arrangements for guests will be provided. Please contact the hotel for further enquiries.
You COULD explore doing the CNY Fireworks Seafood Dinner Buffet and let us know how it is! ^
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
You COULD explore doing the CNY Fireworks Seafood Dinner Buffet and let us know how it is! ^
the diamond curse I guess.
You chose the Conrad because you get free lounge access. It stings to pay for something you could have had for free....
so im crossing the road (and a tram rail ) to the GHyatt....
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
the diamond curse I guess.
You chose the Conrad because you get free lounge access. It stings to pay for something you could have had for free....
so im crossing the road (and a tram rail ) to the GHyatt....
You still get lounge access, it's just that it is set up downstairs in the lobby bar lounge. When we went last year for the CNY, the spread was even better than upstairs, since they actually have access to a full kitchen. The only thing missing is the view, but we got that every other night, so it wasn't the worst tradeoff.
BLazarus22 and coffee18 like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Have stayed at this property once a few years back for 1 night, I remember the lounge was closed for a function and temporary lounge was in the bar/lounge in the lobby with an area roped off. Alcohol was served throughout the day ... or at least since tea time , is this their standard practice to have an open bar throughout lounge opening hours ?

Also planing ahead slightly, generally how are rates in July for HK ?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:16 am

Don’t know about this temporary lounge down stairs, but booking this and other hotels with views of the fireworks from the comfort of a well stocked lounge is the value I seek. Otherwise I’d just stay in the Hilton mongkok or one of the holiday ins in TST.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
We had an amazing stay here last night. Got upgraded to a Twin Executive Harbour Suite on the 58th floor, just below the EL, and the views were something we'll remember forever Hong Kong is a very beautiful city especially at night and to have a room with Harbour view is unmatchable.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by infoworks
Unfortunately, Eunice has left for other opportunities. A wonderful person, leader and inspiration. Best wishes, she leave a crack team.
Do you know if she left for another Hilton family property?

In the past, I've always emailed Eunice with any potential issues (and always liked her "Welcome Home" emails). Who is her replacement?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Don’t know about this temporary lounge down stairs, but booking this and other hotels with views of the fireworks from the comfort of a well stocked lounge is the value I seek. Otherwise I’d just stay in the Hilton mongkok or one of the holiday ins in TST.
A Conrad can't figure out that the Lounge is sacred territory of its Diamonds and all those who paid/upgraded to a lounge floor? One of the biggest things we all seek in a major hotel brand is CONSISTENCY. I really hate hotels that willy-nilly close advertised amenities and just tell you "sorry". I can understand a hilton garden inn being all over the map in terms of consistency, but come on, a Conrad needs to have standards.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:58 am

Warmest Greetings from Conrad Hong Kong.
It is great to know that you will be staying with us from Feb 17 – 18, 2018.
Please be advised that our Executive Lounge on Level 59 will be closed for a private event on Saturday, 17 February 2018 from 12:00 noononwards. Normal services will resume on the following day.
During this time, we have arranged an exclusive area at our Pacific Bar (located on Level 8) where you can continue to enjoy the many benefits of Executive Lounge.
Myself, our Guest Relations officers and Executive Lounge Butlers will be awaiting at the Pacific Bar to welcome you.
We apologize for this while my team and I continue to make your stay a most memorable one with us.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Might be good to ask "is there an alternate place guests may watch the fireworks?"

I was thinking of staying there the 16-18th, and while its not a huge concern to me that the buffet has me locked out of the lounge for a while, i *would* like to ensure I have a view. Either a good harbor view room on a high floor, or roof access, etc.

TDM

Totally unrelated side note: Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Harborside opened up the roof for a few of us to see the mock invasion of Tampa Bay during a military expo last year. Great service, totally fun treat.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Might be good to ask "is there an alternate place guests may watch the fireworks?"

I was thinking of staying there the 16-18th, and while its not a huge concern to me that the buffet has me locked out of the lounge for a while, i *would* like to ensure I have a view. Either a good harbor view room on a high floor, or roof access, etc.

TDM

Totally unrelated side note: Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Harborside opened up the roof for a few of us to see the mock invasion of Tampa Bay during a military expo last year. Great service, totally fun treat.
Weather permitting, I would recommend wandering down to the waterfront by Wan Chai, west of the convention center to watch the fireworks. Did this couple of years ago for the calendar NYE fireworks, and it was great. We brought a bottle of champagne with us, with loaner flutes from the Conrad. It's less than a 15 minute walk.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: Meh
I see the annual CNY discussion in going well.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Do you know if she left for another Hilton family property?

In the past, I've always emailed Eunice with any potential issues (and always liked her "Welcome Home" emails). Who is her replacement?
Eunice has left the hotel scene and joined the insurance industry - more sane / flexible hours and the chance to be with her family. Good for her, though I do miss her at the Conrad!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by stevie
Agree entirely about checking in at the EL. I have probably stayed here 100 times and have been upgraded to a suite 3/4 times, all done on floor 59!

I decided to bag the idea of splitting my stay half Macau/half HK, just booked 5 nights all at Conrad HK. I land at 825pm, assume arriving on MTR rail 45 min-hour after arrival. Will the lounge check in be open then? (Does that check in area close when the lounge stops serving?)

Also curious if the hot tub / sauna / steam room portion of the gym-spa stays open late. It says on the website that the gym is 24hrs, but not sure if the steam room is part of that locker area or not. It's a nice way to wind down from a long flight before bed to reset the 16 hr flight clock.

TDM
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

I decided to bag the idea of splitting my stay half Macau/half HK, just booked 5 nights all at Conrad HK. I land at 825pm, assume arriving on MTR rail 45 min-hour after arrival. Will the lounge check in be open then? (Does that check in area close when the lounge stops serving?)

Also curious if the hot tub / sauna / steam room portion of the gym-spa stays open late. It says on the website that the gym is 24hrs, but not sure if the steam room is part of that locker area or not. It's a nice way to wind down from a long flight before bed to reset the 16 hr flight clock.

TDM
If you land at 8.25pm, you will be doing very well to be at the hotel by 10pm. I think the lounge closes at 10pm and the door locks up there.
The sauna/steam room are part of the changing area that closes at 10pm. The hot tub is outside beside the pool, also closed at this time.

Sorry for the bad news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.