FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:03 pm
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I have couple question rewarding transportation to Conrad Hong Kong . If someone know, please advise
a) Have anyone take the bus A11 from airport to Admiralty Station, Queensway (bus stop #8 ) and Luard Road, Hennessy Road ( bus stop #9 ) . Which one will easy to catch a taxi to Conrad. Is there taxi rank at Admiralty Station and at all MRT exit in Hong Kong . Will it easy to hail the red cab on the street with luggage
b) If I have 3 full days in Hong Kong, how much money is reasonable to top up the octopus card so that we ca use it for transportation during 3 days stay . We plan to see the peak, ride star ferry and enjoy some local food.
c) Is there any ATM or money exchange location near Conrad Hong Kong
d) I am a diamond member ( thru credit card), if I show up at Conrad around 8:00am, what chances I will get a room check in that early and If I book a standard room, will it a high chance for my to get upgrade to King Harbor view room .
e) For those who get upgraded to a suites room, how did you do that. Are you a frequent customers at this Conrad Hong Kong ?
f) I take a look at Hilton Garden Inn Mong Kok and do 't mind to stay there if the bus A21 stop very close to that hotel. I tried Google map , but unable to see where bus A21 stop exact location.

Thank you
My answers:

a) Never taken a bus to the Conrad, but the Admiralty is where the Conrad is, so taking taxi from there is kind of pointless. You will get multiple suggestions on the best way from the airport, but I simply take the HKIA Express train to the Hong Kong Station and taxi from there..
b) Hard to answer, since I don't use the Octopus card for food, although it is possible at some locations. If you're just using it for the Star Ferry, some subway rides and perhaps the Ding Ding trolley, HK$ 100 should be enough. Easy enough to add value if needed. Also, I highly suggest just taking a taxi from the Conrad to the Peak and take the funicular back down. The lines going up can be insane..
c) Closest ATMs that I'm aware of are in the Pacific Place mall. Take the elevator from the Conrad all the way down, turn to your left once entering the mall proper and follow the walk to the far west end..
d) Diamonds are treated well as this property. We are pseudo-frequent guests, so we get upgraded most of the time, but room type varies on availability. If there is a room available, you might get it right as you check in, and your chances are higher if you ask to be checked in upstairs at the Executive Lounge (as a DIA). If no room is not available, you can still have breakfast either in the EL or downstairs at the Garden Café.
e) As mentioned above.. it depends.
f) No idea about bus, but I can attest that the HGI is nothing like the Conrad, although very clean and friendly in my only experience there.