Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Conrad Macau

I'm at Conrad Macau now. Looks like the new lounge will open in about 2 weeks.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
We were there last week and the lounge was not yet open.
Not an issue though, as afternoon tea is excellent on the first floor (we missed happy hour), and breakfast at the Grand Orbit is incredible.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by mrjay
We were there last week and the lounge was not yet open.
Not an issue though, as afternoon tea is excellent on the first floor (we missed happy hour), and breakfast at the Grand Orbit is incredible.
I wonder if the Exec lounge has opened yet?
Old May 31, 2014, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
At the Conrad Macau now. The lounge is not open yet. Several members of the staff told me that it is a government inspection issue and that they would like to open floors 39-40 but have not received permission to do so. As it is, there is tea on the first floor lounge and happy hour. Tea is from 3-5 (maybe 6) and happy hour is from 6-8 pm. For tea, there is a choice of English or Spanish - basically small sandwiches and sweets with a nice presentation that comes with tea or coffee. My bill was $149 or about $USD21 which I signed for and expect that the charges will be taken off my bill. happy hour was drinks for two hours in the lounge on the first floor but the snacks were peanuts, olives, and crackers. Was good by me since I was drinking beer but the friendliness of the staff cannot be overstated. Lovely people.

On check in was upgraded to a suite - the one with the TV room, big dining area, sitting area, huge tub and an 8 foot by 6 foot shower. Way too much room for one with a beautiful view of the rest of the strip but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

Have not had breakfast at the Orbit yet but have been told it is excellent.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OB one
Have not had breakfast at the Orbit yet but have been told it is excellent.
Breakfast at the Grand Orbit is incredible. Just the selection alone is mind boggling. Almost any cuisine you can think of. When I was there I tried to adopt a different cuisine every day: American/western, Chinese, Indian, etc.

Sorry to hear about the continuing lack of an EL though. Sounds like someone is looking to have his palm greased.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:13 pm

So no lounge? That's a bit disappointing, we are going to be here in early July... maybe something will change...

I'd love to try out some good Cantonese cuisine. Does anyone recommend any restaurants at Sands? Or should we go to other places? Thank you.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
From what I've seen of Orbit, can't imagine how breakfast in an executive lounge could be better...
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:33 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by PedroNY
So no lounge? That's a bit disappointing, we are going to be here in early July... maybe something will change...
I will be there next week, asked about the EL. Reply was that they hope to open in Q3...
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by walttom
Breakfast at the Grand Orbit is incredible. Just the selection alone is mind boggling. Almost any cuisine you can think of. When I was there I tried to adopt a different cuisine every day: American/western, Chinese, Indian, etc.
The selection at the Grand Orbit is indeed incredible, but the quality and taste of the food let me down. The food looked great -- it just didn't taste very good. I was asked to fill out an evaluation form covering my breakfast there last month, and I said just as much. I'm hoping that the EL (when it opens) emphasizes quality versus quantity.

Last edited by mikew99; Jun 11, 2014 at 5:24 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by mikew99
The selection at the Grand Orbit is indeed incredible, but the quality and taste of the food let me down. The food looked great -- it just didn't taste very good. I was asked to fill out an evaluation form covering my breakfast there last month, and I said just as much. I'm going that the EL (when it opens) emphasizes quality versus quantity.
The fruit is average quality and served in chunks (just watermelon, honey dew and pineapple). If they wanted to smarten up the breakfast to 5 star level, the fruit should be in thin slices, and they should introduce some fresh berries eg raspberries, blueberries and strawberries (always a sign of a good breakfast) and have fresh fruit juices.

If they wanted to put it up one notch, they should have fresh mango (like HK IC)

Some other recollections:
*The baked cherry tomatoes ("Herb crusted tomato" were too sour
*Dim sum is average(gummy skin, needs to be thinner)

The fact that The Orbit breakfast is shared with the Holiday Inn may be the reason why the quality of the offerings are not 5 star.

If there was an exec lounge here I would hope that there were the aforementioned fresh berries and fresh juices.

Comparing HK and Macau Conrads

Macau/(HK)
Cooked to Order Egg Section?: Y (Y)
Fresh Berries?: N (Y)
Gourmet Cheese: N (Y)
Shrimp available in Congee?: N (Y)
Quality/Breadth of Dimsum?: average (ok/average)
Fresh juices?: N (N(unless watermelon juice in exec lounge))
Lighting: yellowish lighting (predominantly natural lighting)
Pastries Quality: average (above average)

Comparing the differences, I think that's why I feel the Macau breakfast isn't as good as it could/should be.

Last edited by cyberon; Jun 11, 2014 at 4:23 am
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I had breakfast a few times at the EL before they closed it down. The hot food was in a separate room and the tables were spaced much further apart. The quality of the food was similar to the Orbit but of course, there was a bigger selection at the restaurant.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I will be there next week, asked about the EL. Reply was that they hope to open in Q3...

Well, I guess it will open soon... But what an excellent stay I had. Stupendous upgrade, great service.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Well, I guess it will open soon... But what an excellent stay I had. Stupendous upgrade, great service.
Cash booking?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Putra
Cash booking?
Yep. Booked King Deluxe, was upgraded to the suite with TV room and huge bathroom. One night only, which might have helped.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:10 am

Breakfast at 6:30am

We have a ferry to catch at 7:30am to Hong Kong Airport. The website says that breakfast starts at 6:30am. Does anyone have any experience, on Sunday morning, with breakfast being open a bit earlier, are their any other options. I think we need to be at the ferry no later than 7:00am, so it will be a bit tight, but I am hoping to grab something before jumping into a taxi.

Thank you,

PedroNY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.