Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by colpuck
Because I can't embed html links here is the link to the images from my stay at the Conrad Macau
http://imgur.com/a/779Jh
Did you have a TV Room (or Karaoke Room)?
Old May 18, 2013, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Did you have a TV Room (or Karaoke Room)?
We had a living room and a bedroom. I'm thinking it was one of the smaller suites.
Old May 20, 2013, 1:30 pm

Diamond Amenities

We had a living room and a bedroom. I'm thinking it was one of the smaller suites.
Colpuck - what Diamond amenities did you get, now where the Executive Club Lounge is closed - Anything beyond breakfast? Previously on this thread, members has reported possibility to get afternoon tea and evening snacks. Did you experience this?

Thanks
Old May 20, 2013, 2:41 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
Colpuck - what Diamond amenities did you get, now where the Executive Club Lounge is closed - Anything beyond breakfast? Previously on this thread, members has reported possibility to get afternoon tea and evening snacks. Did you experience this?

Thanks
I'm sure Colpuck will chime in, but I got the following response when I inquired about Diamond benefits given that there is no lounge (we're staying there next month):

• Room upgrade to a Suite based on availability
  • Complimentary in-room internet
  • Complimentary Buffet Breakfast at Grand Orbit Restaurant or American Set Breakfast in-room for two
  • Afternoon Tea (English or Spanish Set) daily at The Lounge (Level 1) from 1500 to1800hrs for two
  • Evening Cocktails (House Pour) daily at The Lounge (Level 1) from 1800 to 2000hrs for two
  • 1,000 points per stay under “My Way Benefit”

Can anyone recommend lunch/dinner options in/near the hotel? Looks like there are lots of possibilities.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Can anyone recommend lunch/dinner options in/near the hotel? Looks like there are lots of possibilities.
I asked the concierge and they were amazing in recommending restaurants that were not in their hotel, and not even part of the Sands corporation. There are so many options in Macao with all of the hotels.

This came highly recommended by the concierge. Its in Grand Lisboa (on the "main" part of Macao, not in Cotai) - about a 15 minute cab ride that'll cost you $7 USD.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ome-Macau.html
Old May 22, 2013, 9:37 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I checked out earlier today, received an upgrade to City View Club Suite or something to that effect. Big living room and big bedroom. The bathroom was adjacent to the bedroom, and there was a separate toilet. I really enjoyed my stay, very good service. Before my stay I received an email from Nicole Lee (mentioned upthread), and when I was checking in they actually called her so she could have a chat with me.

The room is stylish, but in slightly more HK Conrad way than, for example, Tokyo or Seoul.

Macau as such is somewhat surreal, but that's a topic for another thread...
Old May 22, 2013, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson

Thanks
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
I'm sure Colpuck will chime in, but I got the following response when I inquired about Diamond benefits given that there is no lounge (we're staying there next month):

• Room upgrade to a Suite based on availability
  • Complimentary in-room internet
  • Complimentary Buffet Breakfast at Grand Orbit Restaurant or American Set Breakfast in-room for two
  • Afternoon Tea (English or Spanish Set) daily at The Lounge (Level 1) from 1500 to1800hrs for two
  • Evening Cocktails (House Pour) daily at The Lounge (Level 1) from 1800 to 2000hrs for two
  • 1,000 points per stay under “My Way Benefit”

That list is correct except I was offered breakfast in "The Lounge" restaurant as well as the Orbit and in-room dining.

As far as dining goes we ate in the Orbit both mornings and the one dinner we had in Macau we just ate at one of the somewhat quick restaurants in the hotel.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:48 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bkafrick
I asked the concierge and they were amazing in recommending restaurants that were not in their hotel, and not even part of the Sands corporation. There are so many options in Macao with all of the hotels.

This came highly recommended by the concierge. Its in Grand Lisboa (on the "main" part of Macao, not in Cotai) - about a 15 minute cab ride that'll cost you $7 USD.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ome-Macau.html
Thanks. I had already made lunch reservations at Robuchon au Dome. I meant to try it on my first visit to Macao, but never made it. I love all of Robuchon's restaurants.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
had previously (in December) made a C&P resee for 2-nights here and was "charged" 40,000 points + HK$s but yesterday found the same C&P September nights @ 32,000 points plus HK$100 less......(curious, I looked at my Conrad HKG resee and the same 10% less points/cash available).......

I thought they had increased point requirements????
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:14 am

Location: Shanghai, Beijing, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Vancouver
Programs: A3 Gold, CX, CA, PCR Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
Conrad Macau is impressive

Just spent a very short one day in Macau at Conrad Cotai Central as I don't want to stay in Hong Kong all the time for my HKG transfer.

I was greeted by the staff upon check-in and then a client relations manager, Mrs Karjana, who is from Malaysia also came to greet me and told me that I had been upgraded to a suite due to my Gold status. Furthermore, she took me to my room and introduced me the various functions of the room. When I asked her what kind of dining and spa options are available, she then recommended me the lounge high tea and the Bohdi Spa and helped me book both.

The city view suite is over 100 sq meters. Maybe it is just too spare for myself but certainly it is more than gorgeous.

Needless to say both the high tea and the spa are also excellent. The spa therapist, Mrs Helen, who is from the Philippines, gave me a wonderful massage. She used to worked for Mandarin Oriental.

When I checked out, Mrs Karjana also came to help me book a taxi. The whole team is just so friendly and highly efficiently personalized.

I have stayed at many other Conrad hotels before, but so far Macao is probably the most impressive one! Maybe the reason is that Macao is much service oriented than most other cities!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Smile Conrad Macau Video Review

I recently stayed at the Conrad Macau for 3 nights and did a little video review of the hotel grounds and room 2525 -- a 1700 sqft suite!

If you'd like to see what the hotel and room 2525 look like, then check out the video here:
http://youtu.be/NutXte_s_m8

This room was truly awesome and I was upgraded to it as a Gold member! Huge living room, media room, and a ridiculously large bathroom.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by thnarf
I recently stayed at the Conrad Macau for 3 nights and did a little video review of the hotel grounds and room 2525 -- a 1700 sqft suite!

If you'd like to see what the hotel and room 2525 look like, then check out the video here:
http://youtu.be/NutXte_s_m8

This room was truly awesome and I was upgraded to it as a Gold member! Huge living room, media room, and a ridiculously large bathroom.
Is that your video? It is awesome! I really don't like Macau that much (lived there for a few years when I was young), but your video almost made me want to visit Conrad there LOL.

BTW, the Conrad Bear from Conrad Macau look completely different than the ones from Conrad HK.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:47 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Need
Is that your video? It is awesome! I really don't like Macau that much (lived there for a few years when I was young), but your video almost made me want to visit Conrad there LOL.

BTW, the Conrad Bear from Conrad Macau look completely different than the ones from Conrad HK.
Hah, very nice. I didn't get that big a suite, it was only 1200 sq ft or so. Definitely one of the better hotels I've ever visited.

I received a Golden Conrad Bear.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Need

Thanks! Definitely my video -- as that is me in it . With the Cotai Strip Macau has changed quite a bit -- I think it's definitely worth a visit next time you're in that part of the world.

I stayed at the Hong Kong Conrad after this -- and got the furry, chubby, golden bear.

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Hah, very nice. I didn't get that big a suite, it was only 1200 sq ft or so. Definitely one of the better hotels I've ever visited.
I think I would have been plenty happy with 1200sqft too
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
had previously (in December) made a C&P resee for 2-nights here and was "charged" 40,000 points + HK$s but yesterday found the same C&P September nights @ 32,000 points plus HK$100 less......(curious, I looked at my Conrad HKG resee and the same 10% less points/cash available).......

I thought they had increased point requirements????
Assuming the 40,000+$ you paid in Dec was for a night in standard room then the explanation is that you paid a higher rate (in points) then. The lowest points and cash rate then was 20,000 + $.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.