Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
None of the Sands properties are showing any availability after late December. Is this normal for them? I thought hotels usually allow booking for up to 12 months in advance?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:37 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Tried a dummy booking for Jan 2024 and Conrad Macao is still bookable
fyi do check the rate on Hilton vs sands resorts macao as it seems booking on sands resorts Macao can be slightly cheaper
Chang11 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 9:55 pm

Programs: NZ*G, Hilton Diamond
Lounge spookily open?

Stayed for a few nights in November - overall a pretty decent stay (upgrade processed on arrival, few nice surprises here and then), but thought the lounge situation was quite strange. We were told in advance by email that it was closed and also upon checking in. Asked a few times during the stay if it was open - each time being told it was indeed closed.

Went for an explore and found that the lounge was "open" - unlocked, lights on, and a fully stocked bar (including a range of bottles sitting in fresh ice). However, it was spookily empty with no guests nor employees. We saw a few temporary signs referring to "APEX", which is the top tier of Sands' loyalty programme. I wonder if they've repurposed the lounge temporarily?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:00 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by OuterLegsRace
Stayed for a few nights in November - overall a pretty decent stay (upgrade processed on arrival, few nice surprises here and then), but thought the lounge situation was quite strange. We were told in advance by email that it was closed and also upon checking in. Asked a few times during the stay if it was open - each time being told it was indeed closed.

Went for an explore and found that the lounge was "open" - unlocked, lights on, and a fully stocked bar (including a range of bottles sitting in fresh ice). However, it was spookily empty with no guests nor employees. We saw a few temporary signs referring to "APEX", which is the top tier of Sands' loyalty programme. I wonder if they've repurposed the lounge temporarily?
This was what the reservation team replied to me when I asked if my booking entitled to access the lounge and how much to topup for it if it’s not included: “Please be noted that our Conrad Club Lounge has reopen during 1800hrs – 0000hrs in daily, but it is a chargeable service and not the membership benefits. The evening service will focus on beverage offerings, and no food items will be available.”
Old Dec 13, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
It's a shame they still can't get the lounge reopened as it was pre-COVID when the rest of the hotel is such a solid proposition.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:22 am

I watched a recent video on youtube and they stated that the executive lounge is closed permanently.

I am planning to stay there in March. I have Diamond status, Is it possible to get room upgrade?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by sorrywereclosed
I watched a recent video on youtube and they stated that the executive lounge is closed permanently.

I am planning to stay there in March. I have Diamond status, Is it possible to get room upgrade?
If you read back through the thread there are plenty of recent experiences.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Amazes me that they opt for such a short selling window. We need to book for early July, so less than five months out and still not taking bookings beyond end of June. This has been the same for a month.

I appreciate this is normal behaviour here, but when one has all their flights and excursions sorted, the temptation is now to book elsewhere to finalise our trip arrangements.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:00 pm

Breakfast is served in the area, which was lounge before. Did you get an upgrade? Hope, you enjoyed your stay. We liked the property.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Now April and still want to book for early July…….
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

Originally Posted by GaJaDreams
Breakfast is served in the area, which was lounge before. Did you get an upgrade? Hope, you enjoyed your stay. We liked the property.
Man, that is weird. Used to have a great EL HH spread before.. No EL at a Conrad is hard to wrap your head around.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Wow, the EL closing is devastating. It was hands down the best EL I have ever been to (minus the non-existent view). The EL was one of the top reasons why we chose to stay at the Conrad Macao again and again pre-covid.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 3:17 am

From memory there is a bit of a view, albeit most of it being the Sheraton tower... I certainly wouldn't call it a non-existent view!
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:35 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
Wow, the EL closing is devastating. It was hands down the best EL I have ever been to (minus the non-existent view). The EL was one of the top reasons why we chose to stay at the Conrad Macao again and again pre-covid.
Agreed. The EL stood out at this property for sure. I thought the gutting of lounges was just in the US but guess it is getting contagious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.