Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Old Aug 5, 11, 1:27 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BUR/LAX
Programs: UA 1K/MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat., IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 2,482
Arrow Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

A 600 room Conrad to come online Q1, 2012 among huge Sheraton properties: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...339418412.html
wilp888 is offline  
Old Aug 5, 11, 1:49 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: JFK/LGA
Programs: AA PLT/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
Posts: 5,002
Good news thx. I will be there next weekend, but will probably do a day trip from HKG.
pauleeepaul is offline  
Old Aug 22, 11, 1:18 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 418
This is apparently in the half-finished tower that Shangri-La/Traders was set to manage until they dropped out earlier this year.

Photos here, from the last few weeks, showing the combination Conrad/Holiday Inn tower, and the two Sheraton towers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sands_Cotai_Central
James Luckard is offline  
Old Jan 12, 12, 4:52 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Posts: 219
Does anyone know when this property will be bookable? I'd like to get a cash & points reservation in before the 31st due to this promo:
GetBackPoints
lrluis is offline  
Old Jan 13, 12, 2:01 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BUR/LAX
Programs: UA 1K/MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat., IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 2,482
Originally Posted by lrluis View Post
Does anyone know when this property will be bookable? I'd like to get a cash & points reservation in before the 31st due to this promo:
GetBackPoints
According to this website: http://www.sandscotaicentral.com/ You can start making reservations on 1/31/2012
wilp888 is offline  
Old Feb 2, 12, 3:45 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SFO
Posts: 9
Conrad Macau opening

Looks like the opening date got postponed from March 31, 2012 to May 2, 2012.

Bummer, as I was hoping to stay here in mid-April while visiting HK.

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...SCI/index.html
brlee is offline  
Old Feb 8, 12, 4:56 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Posts: 13,184
Hi,

It is bookable for stays on the 2nd May onwards.

I will be in HK that week from 29th April to 6th May (and thinking about visiting Macau ) -I was there 3 years ago and was at the Wynn but no availability this time.

Rates seem pretty good ( non refundable rates from HKG $1613 plus tax and service charge) Refundable rates from HKG $1898

Regards

TBS
The _Banking_Scot is online now  
Old Feb 9, 12, 5:19 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Purgatory
Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Posts: 9,232
A week or so ago I made a one night reservation for November 2012. I'll be in Hong Kong for the first time for almost a week and figured this would be a good place to test out Diamond treatment. Shame it's not exactly the best located for the tourist I shall be but I'll manage I suppose.

Booked AAA rate of HKD$1803. Hooray for resort fee of HKD$180. Tried a few corporate codes including two I can lay legitimate claim to use but never came close to the advance purchase rate.
ArizonaGuy is offline  
Old Mar 18, 12, 11:18 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Germany
Programs: HH Diamond, TK Elite+ *G, ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum, LH MM
Posts: 65
Bocking starts from april 17!!
SerocoOl is offline  
Old May 22, 12, 2:17 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: LGA
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA PLT
Posts: 195
Has anyone stayed here yet? I haven't seen anything about an Executive Floor/Lounge, but I assume they'd have one because the property is so new.
Cityhawk is offline  
Old May 22, 12, 3:27 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 201
Originally Posted by Cityhawk View Post
Has anyone stayed here yet? I haven't seen anything about an Executive Floor/Lounge, but I assume they'd have one because the property is so new.
I haven't stayed here yet, but they do have an executive lounge, according to their website. For example, the description of a club room says, "Guests staying in our Suites also enjoy exclusive access to the Conrad Club Lounge with complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails, dedicated concierge, check-in and check-out and daily complimentary pressing."

Room description
MrColdShower is offline  
Old May 22, 12, 3:42 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: LGA
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA PLT
Posts: 195
Originally Posted by MrColdShower View Post
I haven't stayed here yet, but they do have an executive lounge, according to their website. For example, the description of a club room says, "Guests staying in our Suites also enjoy exclusive access to the Conrad Club Lounge with complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails, dedicated concierge, check-in and check-out and daily complimentary pressing."

Room description
Thanks. I was checking reservations for Executive Floor rooms and wasn't having any luck, but good catch.
Cityhawk is offline  
Old May 22, 12, 10:43 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Posts: 2,442
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy View Post
A week or so ago I made a one night reservation for November 2012. I'll be in Hong Kong for the first time for almost a week and figured this would be a good place to test out Diamond treatment. Shame it's not exactly the best located for the tourist I shall be but I'll manage I suppose.

Booked AAA rate of HKD$1803. Hooray for resort fee of HKD$180. Tried a few corporate codes including two I can lay legitimate claim to use but never came close to the advance purchase rate.

What are you looking to do in Macau and/or HKG. Macau is good for a one day trip from HKG, but dont expect Las Vegas or any other activities than gambling. I would stay at the Conrad where you will get excellent diamond treatment.
worldiswide is offline  
Old May 25, 12, 9:25 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Zurich
Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Posts: 463
Originally Posted by Cityhawk View Post
Has anyone stayed here yet? I haven't seen anything about an Executive Floor/Lounge, but I assume they'd have one because the property is so new.
We stayed there a couple of weeks ago. The rooms (we had a Club suite), the public areas and especially the Executive Lounge are very nice. They can't pour you enough champagne in the lounge

What was a disappointment though was the restaurants. We dined at their Chinese restaurant. They gave away half of our pre-reserved Peking Duck, couldn't find the white wine we ordered, couldn't find the red wine we ordered and generally spoke hardly any English. I have to say though that the situation was handled very professionally by management of the hotel afterwards.

I think this is a general issue in Macau nowadays: the place now almost exclusively caters to Chinese customers, so they don't (or can't) hire personnel which has the skills to cater to international customers.
huegli is offline  
Old May 25, 12, 10:34 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 201
Originally Posted by worldiswide View Post
Macau is good for a one day trip from HKG, but dont expect Las Vegas or any other activities than gambling.
I've been to Macau twice, and spent three days there each time without dropping a dime in the casinos. There are a number of sites to see -- temples, St. Paul's Cathedral, Coloane, etc. I used Strolling in Macau as my guide. (The author doesn't focus at all on the gambling; in fact, he seems a little hostile to it. That said, I found the casino restaurants to be fantastic; I highly recommend il Teatro at Wynn if you like Italian.)

Originally Posted by huegli View Post
I think this is a general issue in Macau nowadays: the place now almost exclusively caters to Chinese customers, so they don't (or can't) hire personnel which has the skills to cater to international customers.
This was certainly not my experience at the Grand Hyatt. Everyone there spoke English very well. That said, I appreciate the heads up. I was planning to stay at Conrad on my next trip, but I will now reconsider.
MrColdShower is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread