Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2008, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Marriott Hyatt
I'm trying to decide between the HHV (Tapa Tower) and the Embassy Suites. My children would probably prefer the restaurants at Beach Walk (Changs, Cheesecake, Yardhouse) Can you walk Kalia road to get from one area to the other and if so, how is the walk? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2008, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Marriott Hyatt
Sorry, double post.

Last edited by stlrod; May 2, 2008 at 7:40 am Reason: Double Post
Old May 2, 2008, 7:51 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by stlrod
I'm trying to decide between the HHV (Tapa Tower) and the Embassy Suites. My children would probably prefer the restaurants at Beach Walk (Changs, Cheesecake, Yardhouse) Can you walk Kalia road to get from one area to the other and if so, how is the walk? Thanks.
The walk from the HHV to the new Beach Walk area woud take about 7-10 minutes. Do try and enjoy some of the "local" restaurants if you can; it seems a waste to eat at places on can find on the mainland.

Enjoy your stay!
Old May 5, 2008, 12:26 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-S, HH-G, MR-P
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Personally, I'd send a fax rather than an email.
Having lurked this thread a bit, I tried many of the email addresses, but essentially all were return to sender.

I did take this advice, and although I never received any confirmation, both of my rooms were upgraded upon arrival. I ended up in the rainbow tower with a full water view. I had initially booked a garden view not in the R tower.

Thanks for the advice!
Old May 5, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by stlrod
It's not that bad of a walk. I did it nightly, and it took me ~15-20 mins, but I took my time. I agree with FlyinHawaiian though. Take your kids to some of the more local places. The lines at Cheesecake and PF Changs were horrific (like 2+ hours) when I was there. My mom and I didn't have to wait at any of the places we ate at, with the exception of the Wailana Coffee House.

Personally, I'd go with the HHV. Being right on the beach is worth the extra money, IMO.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:21 pm

which property better HHV or HWV?

Which property did you like better HHV OR HWV?
Old May 12, 2008, 4:06 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by discoboy
It really depends on whether you want to be in Waikiki/Honolulu/Oahu or Waikoloa/Kona/Big Island, but as for just the properties themselves, I personally prefer the HWV.
Old May 12, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA No staus, HHonors Gold, SPG none, Hyatt-none
I prefer HWV on the Big Island of Hawaii. Staff is very nice and friendly and nice location along Kohala Coast. Plus, the Big Island has so much more to offer...

Old May 12, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
We stayed at both last year. The grounds at Waikaoloa are great, however, is far more inconvenient to stay there if you want to get out and explore the big island. The resort is HUGE, and just getting to your car from your room can take 25 minutes or so. We learned the hard way not to forget something in the room. It was literally almost a 1 hour delay to RUN to the room and get back.

The HHV in Waikiki isn't the best location as it's a tad off from the center of the action, but it is still a very good location and within walking distance to some great areas.

We would definitely stay at the HHV again, but I think we would pass on the HWV for a more traditional hotel with easier access in and out so we could get out and explore the Big Island easier.
Old May 13, 2008, 1:43 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Sabre1
The resort is HUGE, and just getting to your car from your room can take 25 minutes or so. We learned the hard way not to forget something in the room. It was literally almost a 1 hour delay to RUN to the room and get back.
I agree that the HWV is a large property, but almost an hour (and at a run) RT between the parking area and one's room? Even from the Ocean Tower I've never taken anywhere near this amount of time.
Old May 13, 2008, 6:05 pm

help with possible upgrade

We are going to HHV 5/28-6/5, staying at Ali'i Tower, garden view. At the booking, I signed up for Hilton Honors, but have no miles/dollars accrued yet. What are the chances of being upgraded? Should I ask, or since I'm a "low status", is it not possible?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
Old May 13, 2008, 6:27 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The longer the stay, the more difficult. The HHV/HWV may have the highest percentage of HHonors elites on any given day of any HHonors property.

On the other hand, it certainly doesn't hurt to ask: I'd send a nice fax, explaining that it's your first time in Hawai`i, or your honeymoon, or your anniversary, or your first time away from the kids in 700 years, or whatever and ask for any consideration they might be able to give for an upgraded room.

It can't hurt; might help
Old Jun 19, 2008, 7:41 am

Just thought I'd let you know what happened. I did send a very nice fax, letting them know, basically, that we've been dealing with a lot of stress (job lay-off, cancer), and I wanted to confirm our reservation and ask that whatever they could do to make our stay comfortable (easy check in, I said), we'd appreciate. WELL, they upgraded us to a full ocean view (from garden), and sent us this HUGE welcome fruit, nut, cheese, cracker, etc, welcome basket. WOW! We were soooooooooo happy, and had the trip of a lifetime! WE LOVED ALI'I TOWER, and would stay there again in a heartbeat!
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by tallpkb
We are going to HHV 5/28-6/5, staying at Ali'i Tower, garden view. At the booking, I signed up for Hilton Honors, but have no miles/dollars accrued yet. What are the chances of being upgraded? Should I ask, or since I'm a "low status", is it not possible?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
First time I stayed (as a silver, just for getting the amex cc) there I pd for OV and got top floor OF! So next time I just booked GV and got... GV.... plus the GV room itself wasn't nearly as nice, but probably was just one of the last rooms in a renovation cycle.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 6:08 am

Programs: DL SM, HH Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis First
HHV - Which Tower Has the Largest Rooms?

Does anyone know which tower at the HHV has the largest 2 bedded rooms? Which tower has the nicest standard rooms?

Thanks for any advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.