Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 9:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gvaughn
I would DEFINTELY mention that you are staying for your honeymoon. I don't know that I would go out of my way to fax the manager, but certainly have comments added to your reservation stating that customer is VIP Gold staying for x nights on a honeymoon, request an upgrade... Even if you don't get a room upgrade, I'm sure you'll get something - free bottle of champagne perhaps?
And that may work out fine indeed.

But everyone's comment field has a "special request," it seems.

A quick fax is a way of standing out.
Old May 14, 2007, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Tempus
As a Gold member are they going to just laugh at me at check in? I was hoping for an upgrade, but after reading the thread - gold doesn't seem to mean much at this property.
Don't put yourself down!

I'd say Gold & Diamond probably mean more here than many other Hilton properties. Loads of tourists types to dilute the numbers I'm sure. My upgrade experiences as a Gold here were excellent, as were many others.
Old May 14, 2007, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by Fraser
Nice! ^

HH points eligible though? I'd not considered the FHR route before.
Points posted no problem last year on an Amex FHR rate.
This stay will get me diamond status as long as I spend approx $500 on food and drink,are there any of the on site restaurants that do not award points on spend.
Old May 14, 2007, 8:28 am

>insert sigh of relief<
Thanks for the good info. I sent a letter over to the hotel mentioning das honeymoon. We're staying on three islands - Hiltons all the way. I'm glad that I'll get to keep my HHV stay. I used to live on Oahu, but never spent any time in the city. I'm really looking forward to the experience. Now all I need to know is: "are we there yet?"
Old May 14, 2007, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Plat Exec, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Rewards
Timeshare

I have had a bad experience at this hotel on more than one occassion. Too many rooms and unsupervised kids. I hope it does go timeshare!
Old May 14, 2007, 11:41 am

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond
I have stayed at the HHV both for travel and pleasure on several occasions. I have not had a bad experience there yet. I have also stayed at the Prince Kuhio which is off the beach and caters to business travelers a little more than the HHV.

I am staying at the Hilton Waikoloa on the big island in August for my first time. Does anybody have experience there?
Old May 14, 2007, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Rocketman93455
I have stayed at the HHV both for travel and pleasure on several occasions. I have not had a bad experience there yet. I have also stayed at the Prince Kuhio which is off the beach and caters to business travelers a little more than the HHV.

I am staying at the Hilton Waikoloa on the big island in August for my first time. Does anybody have experience there?
Hi Rocketman93455,

If you do a search on Waikoloa ( abbreviated to HWV) there will be a large number of threads with lots of details ( I do not want to take this thread off topic) but I have stayed there twice and enjoyed it very much.

Regards

TBS

PS: A good thread is;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...light=waikoloa
Old May 14, 2007, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
And that may work out fine indeed.

But everyone's comment field has a "special request," it seems.

A quick fax is a way of standing out.
Very true. I didn't mean to suggest that faxing wasn't good...but personally, I wouldn't do it.
Old May 21, 2007, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gvaughn
I would DEFINTELY mention that you are staying for your honeymoon. I don't know that I would go out of my way to fax the manager, but certainly have comments added to your reservation stating that customer is VIP Gold staying for x nights on a honeymoon, request an upgrade... Even if you don't get a room upgrade, I'm sure you'll get something - free bottle of champagne perhaps?
I have a very similar situation - going to HHV for our honeymoon, June 7-12, so 5 nights. I'm a Diamond (and actually cashed in a bunch of points for this one, I probably could have gotten more bang for my buck, ahem, point somewhere else). Anyway, reading through the thread I figure the chances for an upgrade are decent, and I may call / fax ahead.

The question I have is, do you think calling or faxing is better? Also, another, somewhat related questions is - does anyone have experience with special requests, like champagne, flowers in the room on arrival or similar? Not looking for freebie on this one, upgrade would be plenty, but was wondering if anyone knew what's available, and any experiences? Would a manager or concierge be a better starting point on this one?

Any experiences with their wedding coordinator (or any recommendations for any other)? I know I said this is our honeymoon, so we don't need a big ceremony, but I think we'd like a small private exchange of vows again, in a more romantic setting.
Old May 21, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bbelovic
Also, another, somewhat related questions is - does anyone have experience with special requests, like champagne, flowers in the room on arrival or similar? Not looking for freebie on this one, upgrade would be plenty, but was wondering if anyone knew what's available, and any experiences? Would a manager or concierge be a better starting point on this one?

From the hotel Web site:
http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com...menitygift.asp
Old May 21, 2007, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by linsj
$492 for a bottle of DP?
$137 for Moet White Star...

I know is the HHV but talk about being taken to the cleaners!
Old May 21, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Fraser
I know is the HHV but talk about being taken to the cleaners!
You had better look at their laundry/dry cleaning price list before you say that - might not be able to afford being taken to the cleaners!

David
Old May 21, 2007, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
You had better look at their laundry/dry cleaning price list before you say that - might not be able to afford being taken to the cleaners!

David
Most hotel laundry prices are indeed outrageous
Old May 21, 2007, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm aware that dining, room service and the ilk are way overpriced at hotels but this is outrageous! I can get White Star at Costco for Costco for $35/bottle, it is on the restaurant at my local for around $75/bottle...
Old May 21, 2007, 8:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold

David
I like it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.