Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2002, 2:48 pm

Programs: No status anywhere :(
Are you HH Gold or Diamond?
Old Jun 27, 2002, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
We enjoyed taking the submarine ride offered at the HHV. You get on a boat out at end of the pier and it takes you out to the submarine. It wasn't cheap (something like $55 per person back in 2000?) but we figured that it was the only way we'd ever get to see what it's like 100 feet below the surface. I was surprised at the minimal amount of vegetation, but enjoyed the colorful fish and interesting narration. It was definitely a very touristy thing to do, but we had a good time.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 6:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Westcoaster:
We enjoyed taking the submarine ride offered at the HHV. You get on a boat out at end of the pier and it takes you out to the submarine. It wasn't cheap (something like $55 per person back in 2000?) but we figured that it was the only way we'd ever get to see what it's like 100 feet below the surface. I was surprised at the minimal amount of vegetation, but enjoyed the colorful fish and interesting narration. It was definitely a very touristy thing to do, but we had a good time.</font>
We also loved the Yellow Submarine and dinner cruise. They take you out to the sub and you submerge for awhile, then they take you back for a sunset dinner cruise. But I think they went bankrupt.

My wife loves shopping on Kalakaua Ave and the flea market at the Aloha Bowl on the weekends.

Take a shower with the tub drain shut and stand in the clean blue water.

Grab a table at Tropics and have a cool drink while watching everyone on the beach.

Missing HHV already!
Old Jun 27, 2002, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mary2e observes:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Looks like you too nabbed the 01 room!</font>
Yep. You got sharp eyes.

Top floor '01 in fact (I think it was 3001?) Rainbow Tower. 2 lanai's...one facing Diamond Head and the other facing the sunset! Great supersized room, and you are right...the cross ventilation as the gentle tradewinds breeze through your room is da best!

This photo should bring back fond memories to any HHV "01" fan!
Old Jun 28, 2002, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
Mary2e observes: Yep. You got sharp eyes.

Top floor '01 in fact (I think it was 3001?) Rainbow Tower. 2 lanai's...one facing Diamond Head and the other facing the sunset! Great supersized room, and you are right...the cross ventilation as the gentle tradewinds breeze through your room is da best!

This photo should bring back fond memories to any HHV "01" fan!
</font>
We had 2001 - same direction. We took the same pictures because of the magnificent view. Almost full ocean 180 degrees!

The fireworks exploded right outside our west facing lanai (the first shell scared me out of my wits).

We slept with the doors open - much better than using the noisy A/C.

.....missing it after only 6 days being home.

Mary
Old Jun 28, 2002, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Same question.
Old Jun 29, 2002, 4:18 am

Which tower did you stayed at? Did you have access to the executive lounge? If so, what was available during the evening happy hour?
Old Jun 29, 2002, 10:46 am

HHV transportation questions

For those who have been to HHV recently:

1. Which company has the on-site car rental franchise? I'm hoping to do without a car most days, only renting when needed.

2. Without a car what are best airport transportation options? Taxi, shuttle, limo?

3. Suggestions for tours departing from HHV.
Old Jun 29, 2002, 10:55 am

1. Which company has the on-site car rental franchise? I'm hoping to do without a car most days, only renting when needed.

Hertz is on property, but Enterprise will come pick you up on the property and was much less than Hertz.

2. Without a car what are best airport transportation options? Taxi, shuttle, limo?

Call Oahu Shuttle Service in advance and ask for Jeff. He will arrange to pick you up. Only $18.00 plus tip and no shuttle stops at other hotels on the way. Star Taxi service is second option.

3. Suggestions for tours departing from HHV

Almost any tour you want to take will already have a scheduled stop at the HHV due to so many guests or will stop and get you if requested.

Old Jun 29, 2002, 2:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fscher:
...Call Oahu Shuttle Service in advance and ask for Jeff. He will arrange to pick you up. Only $18.00 plus tip and no shuttle stops at other hotels on the way... </font>
Will he pick you up at the airport to go to HHV, or just at HHV to go to the airport?

Old Jun 29, 2002, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I am a gold.

I stayed in the Rainbow Tower - which was my request.

I beleive that the executive floors are in the Alii and/or Kalia Towers, neither of which have the magnificent view as the Rainbow Tower.

For both of our stays (11/01 & 6/02) we had a high floor low odd numbered room. We breifly thought about the Alii Tower - and then chucked it. It's not nearly as tall nor as well positioned on the beach.

Ask away if you have any other questions.

Mary
Old Jun 29, 2002, 9:31 pm

Thanks. I'm trying to collect as much info as I can. We're going to HHV for 25th. Anniversary in September, and I really want to do it right.
Old Jun 29, 2002, 10:38 pm

Take the TheBus for $1.50, it will take you everywhere.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 8:54 am

We stayed at HHV in May and used the Waikiki Shuttle from the airport to HHV. I think the cost was $8.00 per person. The huge coach made several stops before stopping at HHV, and probably had to make many more stops to drop off the busload of passengers. We took a taxi back to the airport from HHV for $22 + tip. Well worth the convenience and time (20 minutes). I had checked into picking up a rental car at the airport and dropping off at HHV, but the drop off charge was outrageous.

The city bus is $1.00 per ride and there are stops steps away from the hotel.

We booked a Pearl Harbor/Circle Island Combo tour at the main tour desk. The tour company, E Noa Tours (http://www.enoa.com)had a fantastic guide. The cost was $42.00, and we were picked up at the hotel around 7 a.m. and dropped off around 5:15 p.m. I think there web site offers on-line booking with a discount. What we liked about this tour was the use of smaller buses, making it easier and quicker to leave and enter the bus.

One other note, because of the high security level at Pearl Harbor, you are not allowed to bring any purse, large camera bag, diaper bags, etc. They must be kept on the bus.

Old Jun 30, 2002, 11:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cblaisd:
Will he pick you up at the airport to go to HHV, or just at HHV to go to the airport?

</font>
Both.

[email protected] is where you can email for more information. Whatever the posted rate is, you get 10% off for an "internet" rate. I think I was quoted 20.00, and the discount made it 18.00.

The bus WILL NOT let you on with more than one piece of small CARRY ON luggage.

[This message has been edited by fscher (edited 06-30-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.