Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
anyone see there 5K points post yet????
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Talking

Already Gold, scored the 5k thank you!

Gracias OP!!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Have been missing the easy Gold upgrade offers over the last few years, particularly as I had a couple of multi-night Hilton stays last year. So I am all over this one, I will even consider a mattress run to keep this thru 2013. Too bad that HH Gold was a bit devalued in the past couple of years, i.e. no more lounge access, but hopefully it still gets you better rooms which is more than I can say for SPG or Marriott.

Thanks Hilton - you'll be getting some of my discretionary business. ^
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
First Signature card I signed up worked. Thanks OP! Easiest 5K pts I've done. Used Chrome!

Anyone actually get pts to post yet? It did say some time til post, but just curious.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by elkhornne
Thanks for the info, got my $5,000 points.^
How did you get $5,000 pts?

Originally Posted by xanthuos
I was able to accomplish BOTH. I clicked on "Not a member yet?" on the bottom of the offer signup and it opened a new window to join HHonors. Once that went through, I went back to the other tab and entered my new HHonors number and PIN and got the message about getting 5,000 points.
What do you mean by both? Aren't you already diamond/gold and thus should have gotten the 5K? Or did you just sign up as a new member and get 5K?

Originally Posted by BearX220
What I don't understand is why HHonors lures all these hordes of people in with comped or easy-to-score elite status, then disappoints them with crap redemption value and erratic on-property benefits delivery. Like the wireless companies, they're obsessed with acquisition but do almost nothing about retention, although it is markedly cheaper to retain a loyalist than replace one.
While HH has improved everything Gold and higher lately, I do loathe the ease it gives Gold away.

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
I think it's really sour grapes for folks to complain about this promotion.
+1. Either you get gold or free pts.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
I have a CitiHH VISA Sig, how many of yall think I can try to register with one my other few signature cards? Easy 5k points.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 6:24 am

Too bad, they won't let you do both the upgrade and the 5000 points anymore. Even if you use a different Signature card for the second part. Now there's a message, "You've already registered".
Old Jun 11, 2011, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Originally Posted by no0neelse
I sent an email to HHonors asking if we were required to use the Visa Signature for the 3 stays. Here is the relevant info from the reply:
You must use the Visa Signature card or the stays wont register to Visa.
You must use your Visa Signature Card or you won't get a bill for the charges from Visa.

Response states nothing but the obvious.
When stays post, so does the last form of payment used, hence they know if you paid with V, AXP, MA, Cash, etc. The system probably can't differentiate between Visa Signature & standard Visa, but definitely between the different networks, cash, etc.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Thanks to the OP for an easy 5k points
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
easy gold for me. great, thanks op

BTW, I have a stay on Sept 3-5. Since it expired Aug 31, if I booked via hilton website now. Will I still eligable for the benefit? I mean carryover the booking since time of booking is gold? thanks.

It probably not, but hope.

Last edited by Fly2Where; Jun 11, 2011 at 8:19 am
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Not that happy about them giving away the status so easily but appreciate picking up an extra 5K points!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by UserMark
Too bad, they won't let you do both the upgrade and the 5000 points anymore. Even if you use a different Signature card for the second part. Now there's a message, "You've already registered".
After how many hundreds or thousands double dipped and got the Gold + 5K? Someone at their IT department is being chewed out right now... OR the 5k will never post. We'll see!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by isle-hawg
Not that happy about them giving away the status so easily but appreciate picking up an extra 5K points!
My thoughts EXACTLY. I just hope they dont start a promo like this for diamond or I'll never see an upgrade again or find a seat in the lounge
Old Jun 11, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
After how many hundreds or thousands double dipped and got the Gold + 5K? Someone at their IT department is being chewed out right now... OR the 5k will never post. We'll see!
5K screenshot saved.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Has anyone with a Hilton Gold expiration before 2013 gotten the 5K?

I signed up and didn't get it even though I'm gold, and got the following response from Hilton reservations:

5,000 bonus points promotion applies to Gold VIP members with expiration date on or after year 2013.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? I have Gold through Mar 31, 2012.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.