Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec

Did a search and didn't see this posted. Found this on HHonors Twitter feed.

http://hhonors.com/VisaSignature

Instant Gold Membership if your card says Visa Signature

Enjoy Hilton HHonors Gold tratment at any hotel or resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio for stays before 8/31/11. Stay 3 times by 8/31/11 to extend your Gold membership through March 2013.

I entered the full CC # of my AA Citi Visa Signature and also my HHonors number. My HHonors account was upgraded to Gold immediately!

ETA: Seems like you get 5,000 bonus points if you are already an HHonors Gold or Diamond elite member.

ETA2: Some Gold members are not getting the message about the 5,000 bonus points. So YMMV if you are already Gold.

Last edited by no0neelse; Jun 8, 2011 at 10:20 pm
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I saw this on facebook today and went to the link. I'm already HH Diamond but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. After entering my info, it told me that I already have elite membership, they appreciate me taking the time to enroll, and gave me a one time 5,000 point bonus. Score!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I wonder if it works with the Hyatt Visa. Checking....

HAHA, it gave me an error.

Tried again and got:
Just complete three stays using your Visa Signature card by August 31, 2011 and your Gold membership will be extended through March 31, 2013. Book now and continue to explore the world with the privileges of HHonors Gold status. Click here for the full terms and conditions.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by skunker
I wonder if it works with the Hyatt Visa. Checking....

HAHA, it gave me an error.

Tried again and got:
I am a HH Diamond...but tried it for the 5,000 points. I just used my Marriott Visa to score 5,000 HH points! Nice tip! Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:05 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by thetagirl99
I saw this on facebook today and went to the link. I'm already HH Diamond but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. After entering my info, it told me that I already have elite membership, they appreciate me taking the time to enroll, and gave me a one time 5,000 point bonus. Score!
Ditto!

Let's see how long this one lasts.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Excellent, thanks for the post!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same here...easy 5000 points.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:47 pm
une

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I saw this offer on Twitter earlier but did not bother since I have Diamond. Now that I read about the 5K points, I gave it a try and sure enough I got it too. Very nice find.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Capital One works also

It accepted my Capital One Visa and bumped me up to Gold HH also.

Thanks again FT!!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: BD, USAir, BA, Iberia, Hilton, IHG
Wink

For those of youn out there who may not have your Citi Visa Signature handy, all you need to do is use any other Visa card but replace the first 6 digits with 4147 29, which is Citi identifier. As the number would probably be invalid (ie it does not pass the Luhn Test), try changing the last digit and keep on checking until it validates. Alternatively, use an online validator at your own risk (eg http://credit-card-information.elliottback.com/)
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Picked up my 5000 points. Thank you!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure I understand what's going on here ...

I used to be a Diamond, but travel is way off, so I'm down to Blue (sob!). It seems to say that if I follow the link, enter a Visa Signature card number and my HHonors number, I get bumped up tp Gold? Is this right?

Or do I do the 3 stays and then get Gold, or what?

Edit: OK, never mind. I get Gold now until 8/31/11, and then 3 stays in that period puts me Gold until 2013. Got it.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Airtran A+ Elite
I am supposed to hit gold from the MVP challenge after a stay tomorrow night. Hopefully this is still up Friday so I can get the extra points
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
You'll get an automatic Gold thru 8-31-11. And if you stay 3x between now and then (and use the Visa Sig to pay for it) you'll have Gold thru 3-31-13.

Seems like a good deal either way!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by thetagirl99
Did your bonus 5,000 post immediately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.