Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Old Jun 9, 11, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Since reward stays normally count toward elite qualification, would they count toward the 3 qualifying stays for this promo? I didn't see anything in the T&C about it.
Old Jun 9, 11, 12:22 am

Thanks Op!

Used my Alaska Visa Singature card. Easy 5k points!
Old Jun 9, 11, 1:58 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Crap
Do we have to use the Signature card for the 3 stays?
I don't have a signature card but a family member has, but it's not US issued.

If the non- US issued card works, + I don't have to use it for the stays + if rewards night works, I'll kick myself for not buying points during the dailygetaways!
Old Jun 9, 11, 2:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Yet another middle finger from Hilton to residents of anywhere in the world other than the US. Sniff.
Old Jun 9, 11, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I don't have a visa signature card. Could someone pls PM me the No. of an invalid/expired visa signature card? Thanks. I could really use to re-qualify for 2012 for 3 stays.
Old Jun 9, 11, 5:00 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), several others
Originally Posted by ncgator
did it say 5000 miles or 5000 points? and if miles how did you configure your account?
My bad, got miles on the mind. It indicated 5000 points. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Jun 9, 11, 5:42 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by gcampbell
Yet another middle finger from Hilton to residents of anywhere in the world other than the US. Sniff.
I'm not in the US. In Canada the upper class Visa card is called "Infinite". It registers fine. 5000 points for being Diamond.
Old Jun 9, 11, 6:03 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by MtlFire
I'm not in the US. In Canada the upper class Visa card is called "Infinite". It registers fine. 5000 points for being Diamond.
Yes, it does! ^
Old Jun 9, 11, 6:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Thanks for the info, got my $5,000 points.^
Old Jun 9, 11, 6:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, former UA Premier Executive
Originally Posted by lsed
Do we have to use the Signature card for the 3 stays?
I'd like to know too. Because it looks like if you just register and stay three stays during the period it would work? I just couldn't find anywhere where it specifically said you need to use the Visa card for the stays.
Old Jun 9, 11, 6:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
There is some very fine print at the bottom the the registration page. It says "Valid for Visa Signature Consumer Cards only and for stays thru 8/31/11."

Don't know if that means you have to use the card or not.
Old Jun 9, 11, 6:40 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
They didn't mention that you need the Visa Sig card for the stays.
Wording seems to mention that it needs 3 qualifying stays.
Hence points stays should work as well. But unfortunately the hotels around me are all 40 - 50K hotels!

Can I pay someone to check in for me at some cheap hotel by putting him as an additional guest?

Full Terms:

Hilton HHonors Member must register by August 31, 2011 with their valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature card at www.hhonors.com/visasignature. Hilton HHonors Members with Blue or Silver status or Gold members not currently participating in another fast track offer will receive HHonors Gold Elite status at the time of registration valid through August 31, 2011. By completing three qualifying stays at any participating hotel and resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio by August 31, 2011, Member will retain HHonors Gold Elite status through March 31, 2013. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain HHonors Gold Elite status. If Member does not complete three qualifying stays prior to August 31, 2011, Member will return to their former HHonors tier status after August 31, 2011, and standard tier requirements again apply. Offer available only to valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature cardholders and is not transferable. Full details of HHonors Gold Elite Membership will be mailed to Member after completing three qualified stays prior to August 31, 2011, or click here to HHonors Gold Elite benefits are subject to availability and may vary at each hotel. This offer may be terminated without notice.

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

2011 Hilton Worldwide.
Old Jun 9, 11, 6:58 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by azepine00
After registering, HHonors members will receive Gold benefits for all stays through August 31, 2011. If, after registering, the HHonors member completes three stays by August 31, 2011, using their Visa Signature card, then they will retain their Gold membership through March 31, 2013.

What are the Terms and conditions?

By completing three qualifying stays at any participating hotel and resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio by August 31, 2011, Member will retain HHonors Gold Elite status through March 31, 2013.
So let's clarify something, the first paragraph of the offer mentions that the 3 stays must use the Visa Signature card. Under the actual terms and conditions though, there is no mention of the Visa card, only 3 stays. So do we think you HAVE to pay with the Visa Signature or not?

EDIT: sorry for the double/triple post. Check out the highlighted portion though.
Old Jun 9, 11, 7:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titantium Elite
Hmmmm .. I keep getting an error - tried different browsers.

We're Sorry,

An error has occurred in the system, and we are unable to process your request at this time. The error has been recorded and will be investigated by the system administrator. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you for assistance, or call 1-800-HHONORS.

Click Here to return to your account.
Old Jun 9, 11, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Already Gold, so did it for the 5k points. I didn't get a message about the 5k points, instead it just signed me up for the promo. Did this happen to anyone else?
+1

Am already Gold and no mention of 5000 points but did state 3 stays by 8/31 will extend Gold until March 2013

Congratulations!
Book now and complete three stays using your Visa Signature card by August 31, 2011 to have your Gold membership extended through March 31, 2013. Explore the world with the privileges of HHonors Gold status. Click here for the full terms and conditions."

Last edited by TravelAuto; Jun 9, 11 at 7:23 am

Search this Thread