Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Marriott, *wood, Hertz
Originally Posted by Eryeal
Hmmmm .. I keep getting an error - tried different browsers.

We're Sorry,

An error has occurred in the system, and we are unable to process your request at this time. The error has been recorded and will be investigated by the system administrator. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you for assistance, or call 1-800-HHONORS.

Click Here to return to your account.
Weird. I got the same error. Also tried chrome/firefox/IE. It's gone already?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by gcampbell
Yet another middle finger from Hilton to residents of anywhere in the world other than the US. Sniff.
It's actually a middle finger to the elite HHhonor members who give hilton a lot of business having to fight with even more members for room upgrades.

With so many Gold members out there, it has to be realy difficult for golds to get upgrades.

Like on Delta, with Hilton Gold is starting to be the new silver.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Seeing that the Hilton cobranded credit card is an Am Ex, I find this promo to be unusual. Why are they giving holders of a competitor credit card better perks than they are their own card holders?????

You have to spend $20K a year on a Hilton credit card to be gold and they are basically giving out gold for having one of their competitors cards?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:23 am

Anyone has an expired card number he can lend me
Next week I might go into a Hilton property but I just have German Visa cards which are shown invalid.
Any PM with a card would be appreciated !
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Similar situation happened over at the IHG forums when someone leaked out the free Plat membership onto slickdeals. I'm guessing thousands signed up for free. However one of the arguments is that most of the people who signed up are not going to use it for upgrades anywhere close to how traditional elite guests do. So as such they believe the impact on existing members getting an upgrade is not as large as it seems.

Presently I just completed a challenge with PC so on top of my existing points, I have a few hundred K of points in my account.

With this challenge popping up, it's steering me towards the Hilton group. But as I already have a lot of points with PC, I probably would not be fighting with you guys that much for upgrades.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by BoardingPass
Weird. I got the same error. Also tried chrome/firefox/IE. It's gone already?
For me, it worked in firefox but did not work in chrome.

I filled the form two times.
First time, it made me gold.
Second time, it said since I am already gold, they will give 5000 points.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flltravel
It worked in Chrome and IE for me.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:17 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Originally Posted by no0neelse
ETA: Seems like you get 5,000 bonus points if you are already an HHonors Gold or Diamond elite member.
I was able to accomplish BOTH. I clicked on "Not a member yet?" on the bottom of the offer signup and it opened a new window to join HHonors. Once that went through, I went back to the other tab and entered my new HHonors number and PIN and got the message about getting 5,000 points.

Originally Posted by asterion
For those of you out there who may not have your Citi Visa Signature handy, all you need to do is use any other Visa card but replace the first 6 digits with 4147 29, which is Citi identifier. As the number would probably be invalid (ie it does not pass the Luhn Test), try changing the last digit and keep on checking until it validates. Alternatively, use an online validator at your own risk (eg http://credit-card-information.elliottback.com/)
Thanks for the suggestion. I used an old expired prepaid Visa card number that I use for Priceline, etc. 4147 2946 6048 4135
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I was able to get it work with my Priority Club Visa Signature Card.

One question, if I have upcoming reservations does my status automatically update on them?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by TravelAuto
+1

Am already Gold and no mention of 5000 points but did state 3 stays by 8/31 will extend Gold until March 2013

Congratulations!
Book now and complete three stays using your Visa Signature card by August 31, 2011 to have your Gold membership extended through March 31, 2013. Explore the world with the privileges of HHonors Gold status. Click here for the full terms and conditions."
Same message, no mention of 5000 points for current gold.

Tried once again and it was an error.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:33 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ktremor
One question, if I have upcoming reservations does my status automatically update on them?
Yes. If you want the best chance of an upgrade, send a fax a couple of days before to the hotel.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Can anyone send/post a print screen of the 5,000 points for current gold/diamond.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ktremor
I was able to get it work with my Priority Club Visa Signature Card.

Yes but call them a couple days in advance and request the upgrade. As a gold, I wouldn't expect a lot of upgrades. They do happen, but as a diamond, there have been a lot of stays I have had with no upgrades, and with Hilton giving away gold like drazy there is a lot more competition for those upgrades after the diamonds have been upgraded.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:37 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by flltravel

I filled the form two times.
First time, it made me gold.
Second time, it said since I am already gold, they will give 5000 points.
+1 - Great deal when you do it that way. Honestly not sure what use I will have for it, but good to know that I have status and some points. Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Seeing that the Hilton cobranded credit card is an Am Ex, I find this promo to be unusual.
Hilton also has a co-branded Visa card. I would think this promo should only work if you have that visa signature card, but seems to work with others as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.