Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Citi Hilton weekend certificate for Hilton Rose Hall

Hi,

could the two weekend certificates be used for the Hilton Rose Hall in Montego Bay?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:31 pm

I'm pretty sure you can but have to call hilton to book. That wouldn't be the hotel that I would redeem those certificates on. Thats an older hotel and wouldn't be the best value for your vouchers.

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

could the two weekend certificates be used for the Hilton Rose Hall in Montego Bay?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Rose Hall is all-inclusive. Don't the certs exclude all-inclusives?

Description: You've received this reward certificate because you've met the purchase requirements with your Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card. This reward is valid for one complimentary weekend night for a standard room at participating hotels worldwide, subject to availability. This reward is not valid at All-Inclusive or Distinctive properties and cannot be combined with the 5th Night Free benefit or other promotions. Please visit HHonors.com/weekendcertificate to see a list of excluded properties.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...erve-card.html
See also:
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Proces...tingproperties
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by aeg42
Thanks much for quick response! With regard to paying for rooms with points, any idea if there are extra charges for additional people beyond one or two?
I was personally told by Hilton customer service that there should not be extra charge for kids (since I booked with points). I will be back from there by mid-Aug and will be able to confirm. My kids are also 4 and 8.

When booking the amount of points used was, I believe, different if I chose 2+2 vs 2+1 vs 2+0.

Last edited by Artemk; Jul 12, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, National Exec, WN A+
Originally Posted by Artemk
I was personally told by Hilton customer service that there should not be extra charge for kids (since I booked with points). I will be back from there by mid-Aug and will be able to confirm. My kids are also 4 and 8.

When booking the amount of points used was, I believe, different if I chose 2+2 vs 2+1 vs 2+0.
I just returned from my first stay there. I booked with points and chose 2+2. I had never asked if kids were free when staying on points as I didn't know that was a thing till after I booked but I am pleased to say we WERE NOT charged the $75 a night for each of our kids.

As for our stay I had a great time, enjoyed the cabana for a day as Diamond and got a nice partial ocean upgraded room near the pools on the east side of the property. I felt the staff and food were quite good as well. As some one had mentioned earlier make sure to check out the Jerk Chicken hut for lunch by the coffee shop at the beach.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Seems like new renovations will be underway soon. Been checking for April redemption still with no luck but saw this.

"Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa is excited to announce that there will be extensive renovations in September. The water park and East Wing will be closed during the remodel. Guests are welcome to make use of the brand new Jewel Lagoon Water Park; complimentary transportation will be provided."
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:35 am

Just came back from Hilton Rose Hall. To tell the truth, hotel can use some renovations. Rooms are a bit dated, but definitely acceptable. Waterpark on property is a huge plus when staying with kids. Alternatives with free transportation are great, but nothing beats walking out of the hotel right into the waterpark.

First of all, wanted to confirm - there were no additional charges for kids on our award stay (I did specify their age at booking).

Trip started a bit rough, especially if you are not familiar with Jamaican way of being a bit more relaxed then some other countries. We arrived at 12:30, got our bands, but got our room right at 4pm, no upgrades (HH Plat) and still not the room they planned for us. Welcome amenity took 2 days and 3 inquiries to arrive.

Other than these minor things the stay was great. It was really hard to get kids (4&7) out of waterpark. Food was good and plenty. Prior to arriving I emailed request for restaurant reservations - when we arrived I was given a card with times for all 3 restaurants. All 3 were decent.

Cabana for a day was good. My wife enjoyed the spa one day.

I did some diving with Dressel's down the road at Iberostar. Dressel's is by far more serious dive shop than the one at Hilton. Taxi from Hilton to Iberostar is set rate of $15. I tried negotiating with the driver for a round trip price without much success. People at Dressel's explained that all I had to do was to get to the road, then local taxi ride would cost me $1 at most. Made that trip 3 more time after that.

For airport transportation we booked Reggae Tourz - everything went very smooth. Having Priority Pass membership I tried both arrival and departure lounges - arrival is very small, but not a bad place to have a drink and rest for a minute after the flight and customs. Departure is much better with drink, snacks, Tvs for kids. Great place to wait for your flight.

Overall, great trip, everybody had great time.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
update on renos

3 months since the last post, any FTs have an update on the renovations?

There is no mention of them on the Hilton WEB site? Also, are the rooms being refreshed - or - just the grounds?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
3 months since the last post, any FTs have an update on the renovations?

There is no mention of them on the Hilton WEB site? Also, are the rooms being refreshed - or - just the grounds?
When we were there in August, there was something about closing the pool/ lazy river for a couple of month. I would definitely call/ email hotel directly and ask, since that was the highlight of our stay - we could not get kids out of there.

I did not see any room renovations, just around the hotel, but I wasn't really looking either.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:30 pm

PSA - only took 4 months, but base room inventory has been "released" for spring break 2017. Got 70k a night in.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Are there self service laundry machines available on the property?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Any updates? Thinking about taking the kids for Sprint Break next March.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:09 pm

no standard rooms with points

Can't seem to find any dates in Nov or Dec for the 70k, only premium rooms available with points.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Artemk

I'm looking to book this as an award stay in April, and spoke to the Diamond Desk today. She stated there would be a charge for my kids at $75 each, so an additional $150 per night. I didn't argue because I wanted to get more information here based on the previous posts. What exactly do I need to ask or tell the Diamond Desk to make sure I am not charged for the kids? They surely won't be eating $150 worth of food per day. If they won't waive the fee, it certainly isn't worth it for us.

Thank you!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:32 pm

It's kind of a crap shoot. I've been told no by a few CSRs and a supervisor, but just the other day told yes. I have reservations for the first week of April as well.

If you really want to be safe - try booking it as 4 adults in a 2 queen room, it won't price above the standard 70K.

BTW - the nice sale they had for memorial day week is over... they actually had premium rooms at 51-55k a night. Quite the steal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.