Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by kwcinnc
I'm looking to book this as an award stay in April, and spoke to the Diamond Desk today. She stated there would be a charge for my kids at $75 each, so an additional $150 per night. I didn't argue because I wanted to get more information here based on the previous posts. What exactly do I need to ask or tell the Diamond Desk to make sure I am not charged for the kids? They surely won't be eating $150 worth of food per day. If they won't waive the fee, it certainly isn't worth it for us.

Thank you!
Well, the stay was pretty good and nobody ever mentioned the surcharge for kids. I sure know what you are talking about when saying they won't eat $150 worth of food... I would suggest, as noted above, trying to book 4 adults, if it shows the same amount of points.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Artemk
Just came back from Hilton Rose Hall. To tell the truth, hotel can use some renovations. Rooms are a bit dated, but definitely acceptable. Waterpark on property is a huge plus when staying with kids. Alternatives with free transportation are great, but nothing beats walking out of the hotel right into the waterpark.

First of all, wanted to confirm - there were no additional charges for kids on our award stay (I did specify their age at booking).

Trip started a bit rough, especially if you are not familiar with Jamaican way of being a bit more relaxed then some other countries. We arrived at 12:30, got our bands, but got our room right at 4pm, no upgrades (HH Plat) and still not the room they planned for us. Welcome amenity took 2 days and 3 inquiries to arrive.

Other than these minor things the stay was great. It was really hard to get kids (4&7) out of waterpark. Food was good and plenty. Prior to arriving I emailed request for restaurant reservations - when we arrived I was given a card with times for all 3 restaurants. All 3 were decent.

Cabana for a day was good. My wife enjoyed the spa one day.

I did some diving with Dressel's down the road at Iberostar. Dressel's is by far more serious dive shop than the one at Hilton. Taxi from Hilton to Iberostar is set rate of $15. I tried negotiating with the driver for a round trip price without much success. People at Dressel's explained that all I had to do was to get to the road, then local taxi ride would cost me $1 at most. Made that trip 3 more time after that.

For airport transportation we booked Reggae Tourz - everything went very smooth. Having Priority Pass membership I tried both arrival and departure lounges - arrival is very small, but not a bad place to have a drink and rest for a minute after the flight and customs. Departure is much better with drink, snacks, Tvs for kids. Great place to wait for your flight.

Overall, great trip, everybody had great time.
What email address did you use to contact the resort? I've searched and searched for an email to contact them and can't find one. Hilton chat couldn't even provide one. I did end up using one that appears to be an old link and sent a message to them only to find out it was linked to another hotel in Florida. I'm sure they are finding my questions funny! I'd just like to get something from the hotel directly stating that the kids won't be charged.

Also, thanks for the tip about using the Priority Pass lounge. Will have to remember to take our cards with us so we can use it.

Thanks for all of your help.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K Million miller
They do not charge for additional guests or Children at this hotel, I have stayed here 3 times now and was never charged. See below response from the hotel . Send a email to Sherri-Ann and print the response out and bring it with you. I have a detailed review of this property a while back. This is one of the best Hilton Caribbean properties. I usually book for this for me my wife and her sister and husband and at 60k a night for all inclusive for 4 people, you cant beat it.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 04/03/2015 6:50 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: XXX<[email protected]>
Subject: Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa
Dear Mr. Watson,

Once the room is reserved for 4 adults there is no additional charge at check-in.

The Hotel honors the All inclusive rate for the total number of adults booked.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Sherri-Ann Leslie I Reservations Manager
t: 876.953.2650 f: 876.684.0205 d: 876-684-0315
P.O. Box 999 I Montego Bay I Jamaica
hilton.com I rosehallresort.com
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by gloryguy
They do not charge for additional guests or Children at this hotel, I have stayed here 3 times now and was never charged. See below response from the hotel . Send a email to Sherri-Ann and print the response out and bring it with you. I have a detailed review of this property a while back. This is one of the best Hilton Caribbean properties. I usually book for this for me my wife and her sister and husband and at 60k a night for all inclusive for 4 people, you cant beat it.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 04/03/2015 6:50 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: XXX<[email protected]>
Subject: Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa
Dear Mr. Watson,

Once the room is reserved for 4 adults there is no additional charge at check-in.

The Hotel honors the All inclusive rate for the total number of adults booked.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Sherri-Ann Leslie I Reservations Manager
t: 876.953.2650 f: 876.684.0205 d: 876-684-0315
P.O. Box 999 I Montego Bay I Jamaica
hilton.com I rosehallresort.com
Thank you so much for the information!!! I am going to email right now and then I'm going to look for your hotel review.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:18 am

What email address did you use to contact the resort?
I was communicating with Arniece Jones ([email protected]) Checked emails - I don't think I discussed the issue of kids surcharges with her, though.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:48 pm

I emailed Sherrie-Ann at the address that gloryguy provided above and explained we would be traveling there for a week long points stay. I kindly explained that 490,000 and a $1,050 charge for two kids was expensive and asked if the fee would be waived for Diamond members. She was very prompt in responding and stated that it would not be waived and that all children are charged. Was quite surprised but oh well.

Maybe I'd be better off just booking as four adults.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K Million miller
That doesn't make sense! why would they charge for 2 kids but not for 2 extra adults!! I would email her back and ask her if you book the reservation with 4 adults and then you show up with 2 adults and 2 children, can the children be counted as adults and not be charged. The only thing I can think of is that there are a lot of kids activities and that's why they charge. It may be because of the kids club they have and being able to staff and maintain it. I'm going to wait and book all my points vacations this year until march when they make the new changes. This properties standard redemption rate is supposedly dropping from 60k a night to 55k a night if you believe the Hilton calculator.

http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, JM
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Previous category 8

Previous: Category Range New: Point Range1

Lowest Price 60,000 55,000
(Estimate)

Highest Price 70,000 70,000

New Point Range reflect a range of possible point prices in increments of 1,000
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by gloryguy
That doesn't make sense! why would they charge for 2 kids but not for 2 extra adults!! I would email her back and ask her if you book the reservation with 4 adults and then you show up with 2 adults and 2 children, can the children be counted as adults and not be charged. The only thing I can think of is that there are a lot of kids activities and that's why they charge. It may be because of the kids club they have and being able to staff and maintain it. I'm going to wait and book all my points vacations this year until march when they make the new changes. This properties standard redemption rate is supposedly dropping from 60k a night to 55k a night if you believe the Hilton calculator.

http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, JM
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Previous category 8

Previous: Category Range New: Point Range1

Lowest Price 60,000 55,000
(Estimate)

Highest Price 70,000 70,000

New Point Range reflect a range of possible point prices in increments of 1,000

Maybe I am reading too much into this one particular line on the hotel website, but it states that Hilton Honors redemptions incur the same charges for any extra person NOT included in the original reservation. I take that to mean that if I show up and haven't included my kids on the reservation, then yes, I will be charged, even as a Diamond. If I've included them on the reservation, I won't be charged. But, she has assured me through several emails that all kids are charged, no matter what.

The inconsistency from their reservation manager is so strange! Glad so many of you have been there and haven't been charged.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I think many a times the rep is just reading the warning that comes up about kids being charged extra. My normal conversation is - why then doesn't the points price go up when the kids are added. When they say it's extra people I then point out why doesn't the points price go up when I add two adults.

I've asked supervisors before to where they say it's a points reservation there should be no extra charges.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:08 am

Standard Rooms no longer redeemable with points?

I have potentially very concerning news -

I am trying to book a point stay at this hotel for a standard room. Although standard rooms are available for cash bookings, they are not available for points or the new points/cash slider. Not a single date in the next twelve months has a standard room available for points redemption, only cash. Only premium rooms for premium point amounts. I have spoken to hilton reps who tell me that this hotel does not offer redemptions on standard rooms (we all know it used to! 60-70k points.night). Is it just me, or does this seem to go against the terms and conditions of the new Hilton program, which say that any standard or premium room may be booked using the points and cash slider?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by karynanna

I am trying to book a point stay at this hotel for a standard room. Although standard rooms are available for cash bookings, they are not available for points or the new points/cash slider. Not a single date in the next twelve months has a standard room available for points redemption, only cash. Only premium rooms for premium point amounts. I have spoken to hilton reps who tell me that this hotel does not offer redemptions on standard rooms (we all know it used to! 60-70k points.night). Is it just me, or does this seem to go against the terms and conditions of the new Hilton program, which say that any standard or premium room may be booked using the points and cash slider?
This is interesting because I happened to be looking for a points reservation a few days ago, and noticed the same thing - no standard room redemptions. I didn't check a full 12 months out, but I was looking from Sep - Dec and didn't find anything, which is really odd since that's hurricane season.

I wonder if this is another side effect of the four new "benefits".
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by karynanna

I didn't see any rewards nights available for my dates in April either. I called the Diamond desk last week and confirmed there were plenty available but this was a few days before the new points and cash slider went into place. Maybe there is just a glitch in the system and they aren't showing as available. Let's hope that's the case!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:39 pm

Looks like standard awards are available again. For a random week this fall:

Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:10 am

I received an email from the hotel Concierge concerning our upcoming stay next week. The email asked for any requests we might have for our arrival. Is there anything specific we should request? I know that I've read Diamonds get a room upgrade here, but do I need to go ahead and ask for it or was it automatic for those who have stayed here before? We'll go ahead and ask if they can make our dinner reservations at the resort restaurants so we don't have to do it upon arrival. We already arranged transportation to/from the hotel to the airport, so we don't need that. Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for all of the great info I've received here about this resort. Even after all the back and forth with the hotel about whether or not we would be charged for kids on a points stay, we booked after confirming with the Diamond desk and other Hilton agents that there is no charge. If the hotel wifi is good, I will try to report back about our stay.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:30 am

I received an email from the hotel Concierge concerning our upcoming stay next week. The email asked for any requests we might have for our arrival. Is there anything specific we should request? I know that I've read Diamonds get a room upgrade here, but do I need to go ahead and ask for it or was it automatic for those who have stayed here before? We'll go ahead and ask if they can make our dinner reservations at the resort restaurants so we don't have to do it upon arrival. We already arranged transportation to/from the hotel to the airport, so we don't need that. Anything I'm missing?
I would ask for an upgrade, just to be sure. Requesting restaurant reservations is not a bad idea, even though we requested them on arrival and had no issues.

Depending on your planned arrival time you might want to ask for your room to be ready earlier. We arrived around noon and the room was only ready by 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.