Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
Any data points on whether this will work with new award booking?

What I am trying to figure out is if booking children as adults for an all points award like indual & RachelDKT did is still a valid workaround or will the 3rd and/or 4th adult in a room be charged.
That's not what I did. I had two rooms. I booked 1 adult and 1 child in each, and they tried to charge me the resort fee. I think had I booked them as 2 adults per room, I would have been fine from the get go. I have no idea about a 3rd and 4th adult booking.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by RachelDKT
That's not what I did. I had two rooms. I booked 1 adult and 1 child in each, and they tried to charge me the resort fee. I think had I booked them as 2 adults per room, I would have been fine from the get go. I have no idea about a 3rd and 4th adult booking.
You said the tried to charge me. Does that mean you successfully averted the fee?

Last edited by flew-d-coop; Jul 26, 2018 at 10:52 am Reason: added in RachelDKT qoute
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond
We are checking in on Friday. Checked via the app what our reservation says and saw they did upgrade us from standard view to partial ocean view. Called the Diamond Desk this morning about noting on the reservation that the 12 year old shouldn't be charged for a points stay, and he was very specific and stated, "our literature here states to advise ALL guests that children that age will be charged." So I guess at least our oldest is 15 and not considered a child at this hotel anymore. I also had called to ask if we could use points to play golf at the hotel and that was also a firm no. 0 for 2 on this call!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:48 am
Suspended

I have question on the dress code. Are sneakers ok?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:46 am

WiFi seems really spotty this trip but wanted to report that we had correctly listed the 15 year old as an adult and 12 year old as a child on our reservation, and we were still charged $75 per night for the 12 year old at check in on Friday. We had a lengthy conversation with the front desk that we hadn’t been charged on our previous trip, diamond desk advises that on points stay children aren’t charged, etc. It didn’t do any good. Will update with more info when the WiFi is better.

Also, for the person asking about sneakers. We went to dinner at Three Palms last night. The guy getting seated before us was wearing flip flops, a white v-neck
T-shirt and athletic shorts. They didn’t say anything to him about it so sneakers probably would be fine. When we got our room assigned at check in, we were told about the dress code but it doesn’t seem to be enforced and it wasn’t last time we were here either.

Last edited by kwcinnc; Aug 12, 2018 at 6:55 am Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:16 am

Checking into this hotel for next spring, the standard rewards have suddenly disappeared around my dates. I had been holding off due to being a few thousand short to book the whole stay, but it's all been dropped now.

Thinking about this $150 per night for two kids - if the normal room rate is $434 per night, and I am already paying $150 for two kids, my points are only covering $284 of the cost of the room. At 280K points for five nights, this is redeeming at 1cpp. I normally value Hilton at 0.6cpp, so this is still better than normal, but this surcharge severely devalues this redemption. My two kids are not consuming $150 of goods and services per day.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:10 am

Hi all- Back at home and wanted to update our 2nd experience at Hilton Rose Hall. As I mentioned in previous posts, in our first stay the Diamond Desk noted on the reservation that we were not to be charged for the kids on an all points stay. Forgot to have them include it on this stay, called a few days before arrival and Diamond Desk agent would not add it. At check in, they stated children were not free and they charged our card for the 12 year old but not the 15 year old. We arrived before check in and had to wait until after 5:00 for our room although had noted our early arrival time in our response to the concierge's email asking for any requests that we had. We booked the standard room and were upgraded the usual one category to a partial ocean view room even though there was availability for better rooms. We all thought we might have been in the same room as our last trip on the golf course side. It's nice and quiet on that side though. We had a pool cabana pre-booked for each day of our stay. We were glad we were familiar with the Diamond benefits because they didn't go over them with us at check in, so we knew to remind the cabana staff that the first cabana day was free. Really enjoyed the cabana and would highly recommend it. Snorkeling was much better this time because the guide actually got in the water with the group and showed us stuff and guided us around and it felt safer that way. On our last visit the snorkeling guide did not do that and just sat in the boat. Food was fine. No problems getting our reservations moved around and housekeeping was exceptional. Complimentary bottle of wine in the room the first night and turn down service each evening. We tipped everyone, and they all seemed to appreciate it. We noticed the major renovation to the dining hall since our last trip and it is a major improvement. It looks much better. Beach was clean and they worked hard to make sure there was no seaweed. Biggest complaint was the awful wifi this trip! Couldn't get it in the room or around the pool, got it sometimes in the cafeteria and it was very slow in the lobby. State of emergency still in place but didn't notice anything related to it to/from the airport or at the resort.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by skimple
Thinking about this $150 per night for two kids - if the normal room rate is $434 per night, and I am already paying $150 for two kids, my points are only covering $284 of the cost of the room. At 280K points for five nights, this is redeeming at 1cpp. I normally value Hilton at 0.6cpp, so this is still better than normal, but this surcharge severely devalues this redemption. My two kids are not consuming $150 of goods and services per day.
How did you get 1cpp for the redemption? (284*5)/280000=~0.5cpp.

​​​​​​Hilton seems to value the points at ~1cpp for the cash & points option. Unless I am missing something, it is better in your case to use the cash& points option than full redemption.

Last edited by asdfghjk; Aug 25, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:32 am

I'm confused as to why a 12 year old is charged extra, but not a 15 year old. I'm assuming that both of them are sharing a room, so aren't you already paying a double occupancy rate/points for them?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Hilton: DIA, SPG: Gold, WN: CP, UA: Silver, Marriott: Platinum
Originally Posted by skimple
Checking into this hotel for next spring, the standard rewards have suddenly disappeared around my dates. I had been holding off due to being a few thousand short to book the whole stay, but it's all been dropped now.

I received an email from HIlton relocation regarding my reservations to advise me that the Hilton Rose Hall is leaving the franchise and that they could not honor my reservation at this property. They informed me that they would work with the other Hilton properties in Jamaica to relocate me, albeit the alternate properties are NOT all inclusive and are approximately 40 miles from the beach. Has anyone else experienced this? What alternatives have they proposed?

Last edited by thefig; Sep 29, 2018 at 8:19 am Reason: Wrong Hilton should be Hilton Doubletree Costa Rica
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by thefig
I received an email from HIlton relocation regarding my reservations to advise me that the Hilton Rose Hall is leaving the franchise and that they could not honor my reservation at this property. They informed me that they would work with the other Hilton properties in Jamaica to relocate me, albeit the alternate properties are NOT all inclusive and are approximately 40 miles from the beach. Has anyone else experienced this? What alternatives have they proposed?
I have a trip booked for late April 2019 and have not received anything yet. What were your travel dates?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Hilton Rose Hall Montego Bay - Cost

Has anyone stayed here recently? It seems to get good reviews. I'm planning on booking the week of Memorial Day (May 2019). My main question is the cost. Does the cost reflected in the booking include both guests? I noticed that the price in the booking doesn't change when I go from one guest to two guests so I'm trying to avoid any surprises. Thanks all!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
If you are booking on Hilton's website and show 2 guests during booking, you will be fine. No personal experience with the property that I can offer, but Hilton's booking engine works just fine, so book and enjoy your stay!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
The wife and I were there a couple of years ago. I paid with points, but the amount was the same when I added her as a registered guest. No (bad) surprises when we checked in or checked out.

Just a heads up - when I went, I was advised to make dinner reservations as soon as possible after arrival. I did and it all worked out well. Have fun!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Excellent. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.