Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
Any recent information about children being charged during an all points stay? I have a stay next week, and when I booked, the website had the old language about children who were not included on the original reservation--and my children are included on the reservation. But when I click on the reservation now, it says "Hilton Honors Redemptions will incur the same charges as indicated above." This is different from when I booked. I have emailed both the Honors Rep and the Diamond Desk to clear this up.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, IHG Plat, Wyndham Dia, Southwest Companion Pass, Raddison Gold, Frontier 100K
I wanted to follow up that we enjoyed our stay here in October. The renovations were still underway but did not cause much issue. We stayed Sat-Wed on a points stay 2 adults, 2 children.
Arrival through customs was pretty fast for us. We used Reggae tours for our transport to and from the hotel which worked out fine. It was nice to have a Red Stripe as soon as we were off the airport property.
The Hilton Honors desk at the hotel was intermittently staffed, check in was easy and they brought a drink and cool towels to us while we were checking in.
Our room was not ready by the time they said it would be so we waited until after check in time.

Tip: We enjoyed our room facing the golf course as it was quiet and offered a nice view. I believe our Diamond status helped our room selection.
Food and drinks were OK but not spectacular. We enjoyed the Jerk Shack and the swim up bars which were open every day.
If you get out early while they are working on the palm trees they will sometimes give you a coconut and cut it open so you can drink the water from it.
October appeared to be a very slow time. There were mostly open chairs on the beach with the beach on the east side of the pier nearly completely empty.
Overall I would return to the hotel.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by indual
I wanted to follow up that we enjoyed our stay here in October. The renovations were still underway but did not cause much issue. We stayed Sat-Wed on a points stay 2 adults, 2 children.
Arrival through customs was pretty fast for us. We used Reggae tours for our transport to and from the hotel which worked out fine. It was nice to have a Red Stripe as soon as we were off the airport property.
The Hilton Honors desk at the hotel was intermittently staffed, check in was easy and they brought a drink and cool towels to us while we were checking in.
Our room was not ready by the time they said it would be so we waited until after check in time.

Tip: We enjoyed our room facing the golf course as it was quiet and offered a nice view. I believe our Diamond status helped our room selection.
Food and drinks were OK but not spectacular. We enjoyed the Jerk Shack and the swim up bars which were open every day.
If you get out early while they are working on the palm trees they will sometimes give you a coconut and cut it open so you can drink the water from it.
October appeared to be a very slow time. There were mostly open chairs on the beach with the beach on the east side of the pier nearly completely empty.
Overall I would return to the hotel.
indual - did you end up having to pay for your kids?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, IHG Plat, Wyndham Dia, Southwest Companion Pass, Raddison Gold, Frontier 100K
Originally Posted by skimple
indual - did you end up having to pay for your kids?
We did not have to pay fees for the children. If you look at post 284 I updated it with the details of our experience trying to get clarification from Hilton on whether Children would be charged. Short version, I updated our reservation to 4 adults, but the Diamond desk still mostly indicated that we would have to pay a fee for any guests beyond 2. The Concierge was the only person I got in writing that we would not have to pay. When we arrived there was no mention of any fee (and I did not ask).
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by indual
We did not have to pay fees for the children. If you look at <a href="https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28857130-post284.html">post 284</a> I updated it with the details of our experience trying to get clarification from Hilton on whether Children would be charged. Short version, I updated our reservation to 4 adults, but the Diamond desk still mostly indicated that we would have to pay a fee for any guests beyond 2. The Concierge was the only person I got in writing that we would not have to pay. When we arrived there was no mention of any fee (and I did not ask).
<br /><br />Just returned. I had the Diamond Desk note it in my reservation. I was told there would be a fee when I checked in, I politely told them the kids were included in the original reservation, and they didn't say anything further (after confirming with a supervisor).<br /><br />We had a fantastic stay. The 5 night award stay was obviously a splurge and a treat for us--a fancy vacation--so given where we usually stay, we loved the hotel. We were treated very well and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Tipping didn't seem common but we did it anyways. One perk that we weren't expecting, but which was extremely helpful, especially once a couple of us got sick and were confined to the room for a couple of meals, was the free room service for Diamond members. We also had a complementary bottle of wine the first night we were there. The girls already want to know when they can go back!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by RachelDKT
<br /><br />Just returned. I had the Diamond Desk note it in my reservation. I was told there would be a fee when I checked in, I politely told them the kids were included in the original reservation, and they didn't say anything further (after confirming with a supervisor).<br /><br />We had a fantastic stay. The 5 night award stay was obviously a splurge and a treat for us--a fancy vacation--so given where we usually stay, we loved the hotel. We were treated very well and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Tipping didn't seem common but we did it anyways. One perk that we weren't expecting, but which was extremely helpful, especially once a couple of us got sick and were confined to the room for a couple of meals, was the free room service for Diamond members. We also had a complementary bottle of wine the first night we were there. The girls already want to know when they can go back!
Hi, did you mention that you had 2 rooms with 1 adult and 1 child in each room ... and they still brought up the charges for Children?
Also did you have any trouble getting the diamond desk to note it? I had 3 different people at the diamond desk tell me that any guest beyond 2 at an all inclusive would be charged.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Anyone familiar with the AI drink menu? Just want to see what may and may not be included
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Best I could tell they have a full bar and you could order whatever you wanted. They have about 20 mixed frozen drink options available as well, and you could customize those to your liking. Diamond members get the premium liquors, while non-diamonds get well liquor.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Curious to see how this sale will affect the Hilton Rose Hall as well as the Curio properties in Jamaica:

https://www.caribjournal.com/2018/02...ties-jamaica/#

Sagicor combines hotels with Playa in cash and shares deal | Business | Jamaica Gleaner
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:02 pm

Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica - keep upgraded room entire stay?

Hi,
I will stay at Hilton Rose Hall from 3/10-15 using hilton points (standard resort view). Right now Hilton website shows no rooms are available from 3/12-3/16, but google shows rooms are still available in some websites. My question is:
if I upgrade my room to an oceanfront view bed only 3/10 (just 30k points more and i had separate reservations), is it possible to stay at an upgraded room until checkout? I don't want to waste my hilton points for nothing... (since we will arrive late 3/10 )..
Thank you.
Fluo
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I think several sites will become panama jacks, and a new Hyatt Ziva will be built/refurbished from another. I think the Hilton Rose Hall will reflag Will be there in a few weeks and can ask when on site.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
We just booked an all points stay for mid-August. One kid is now 15, so had to book for 3 adults and 1 child since the website says 15 and up is considered an adult. Diamond Desk booked it and I forgot to have them make a note in the reservation about the daily charge automatically added for kids, so I will probably call back as it gets closer to have them add something in writing about it.

We we are looking forward to a return visit.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by RachelDKT
Any data points on whether this will work with new award booking?

What I am trying to figure out is if booking children as adults for an all points award like indual & RachelDKT did is still a valid workaround or will the 3rd and/or 4th adult in a room be charged.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by kwcinnc
We just booked an all points stay for mid-August. One kid is now 15, so had to book for 3 adults and 1 child since the website says 15 and up is considered an adult. Diamond Desk booked it and I forgot to have them make a note in the reservation about the daily charge automatically added for kids, so I will probably call back as it gets closer to have them add something in writing about it.

What are you expecting to be charged per child? Would it be $75 for the child younger than 15 and an adult rate for the 15 year old? Any idea what an adult rate cost?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by kwcinnc

So is booking through the Diamond desk the best way to avoid the child fee on a points reservation? Or was that only for reservations made before they updated their website with the modified terms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.