Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by 9Benua
I tried to book 5 nights using points. I don't see any reduction in points for 4 nights - 5th free. I thought this benefit (4 night - 5th free) is supposed to apply automatically for all hilton properties. Do I miss anything?
Per the HHonors T&C, the Fifth Night Free benefit
[d]oes not apply when stay is booked as part of a Reward Stay offer, package, or promotion offered by Hilton or any of its partners, or at All-Inclusive properties or Distinctive properties.
Old May 6, 2015, 4:50 am

Is that a standard room reservation? The T&C's state that it is for "participating hotels" but I don;t know that I've seen a list "5th night free" opt-outs.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:38 pm

Hilton Jamaica Rose Hall Day Pass?

Does anybody have any experience in booking a room for a day when they arrive by cruise ship? We want to use the resort for the day but I'm concerned about getting there at 10a and not being able to use the pool, restaurants, beach, etc. I have enough points to book it, and I have HH Diamond status.

Our original excursion got cancelled so I'm left scrambling to find something for the family to do (we get into Montego Bay tomorrow morning).

Anybody with any experience with this resort, your feedback would be great!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:54 pm

What exactly is the specific question here? Is it whether day passes are available, or how people like the resort, or something else?

If you search "hilton rose hall day pass" (google even autocompleted it for me!) there are a lot of threads on cruise boards about this...that might be a better venue to look since, while only a small percentage of flyertalkers are likely to be in your situation, it seems that quite a large number of cruise participants are (logically, since the boat shows up at the same time for everybody).
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Well crap... this is new and wasn't this way a week ago.
This is an All –Inclusive Resort. Starting January 1st 2016 children under 5 stay and eat free, 6 through 14 will be additional $60 and 15 year and over will be charged an adult rate. When travelling with children 15 years and older, please ensure you select them as an adult, otherwise a rate of $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in.
Wonder how this impacts existing reservations and/or reservations made before 1/1/2016.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Well crap... this is new and wasn't this way a week ago.

Wonder how this impacts existing reservations and/or reservations made before 1/1/2016.
$60 per day, per kid?! That's an additional $840 per week for two kids?

Guess I'll be trying a different resort when I go back.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by skimple
$60 per day, per kid?! That's an additional $840 per week for two kids?

Guess I'll be trying a different resort when I go back.
So found out a few things today. Called Hilton and inquired, first rep didn't know anything and forwarded me to a manager. Manager told me that if I was doing a reservation for next year, the website should be current pricing if I put in 2 adults 2 kids.

Went to make the reservation and the kids section only says ages 0-17, obviously not the tiered pricing. Called Hilton back and after about an hour of back and forth (calling property, talking to help desk, etc) here's the deal. If you book online it will at the end ask you your kids ages, and you will be charged an extra $60 a day if your kids are 6 and older ABOVE the quoted room rate.

However, the phone-in computer system has not been updated with the new pricing message - so until it is updated call in bookings will still get the kids free (12 and under). So if you want to make reservations, don't sit on it!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sam_goh
So found out a few things today. Called Hilton and inquired, first rep didn't know anything and forwarded me to a manager. Manager told me that if I was doing a reservation for next year, the website should be current pricing if I put in 2 adults 2 kids.

Went to make the reservation and the kids section only says ages 0-17, obviously not the tiered pricing. Called Hilton back and after about an hour of back and forth (calling property, talking to help desk, etc) here's the deal. If you book online it will at the end ask you your kids ages, and you will be charged an extra $60 a day if your kids are 6 and older ABOVE the quoted room rate.

However, the phone-in computer system has not been updated with the new pricing message - so until it is updated call in bookings will still get the kids free (12 and under). So if you want to make reservations, don't sit on it!
I was able to get to the payment page without the rate changing or being asked ages of children:
($439 is the listed price of the room for singe occupancy)

25 Feb 2016 - 01 Mar 2016
1 room for 2 adults and 2 children Change
RESORT VIEW 2 QUEEN BEDS - ALL INCLUSIVE Non Smoking Room
Price (5 nights x 439.00): 2,195.00
Room Subtotal: 2,195.00
Best Available Rate
Rate Details Change

Total for stay: $2,195.00 USD
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:32 am

Programs: WN, UA, HHonors, MR
Any new updates or experiences with this property? I've seen that a new beach area is open as well as a pizza restaurant. Anything else new or to look out for? Looking to get a cabana one day. Will be there next month for three nights 14-17.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SamRothstein
Any new updates or experiences with this property? I've seen that a new beach area is open as well as a pizza restaurant. Anything else new or to look out for? Looking to get a cabana one day. Will be there next month for three nights 14-17.
I am here right now. The Diamond perks seem to be pretty good - the free cabana for a day is nice. We have the specialty restaurants starting tonight for the next 3 nights, so I will know more about them at that point. Taxi from the airport was negotiated to $30USD (their "rates" say $35). Normal buffet was okay, typical for a place like this. The hotel is full, but there is plenty of space around the pool, beach, and water park. They handle full capacity well which is a good thing. Now if I could only figure out the wristband colors and what exactly they mean...

Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:35 am

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. Hope your trip goes well, and can't wait to hear back about everything.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
This is what the colors meant when we were there a few years ago:
Yellow - day pass
Green - under 18
Blue - over 18 guest
Red - Diamond member
Purple - "guest of the week" (we only saw this once and the staff didn't elaborate on what it took to be guest of the week)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:30 am

Hope owie is ok...
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Jamaica Rose Hall - experience

Prime Minister Suite. I can only find 3 photos of this and no floor plan. Also mentions possibility of 3 connecting rooms. Again - no plan for this. If anyone has some specific information, photos, knows where a plan can be found, first hand experience ---- any information greatly appreciated. Thinking 5 nights with my children/grandkids. Do's and Don't do? Thank you Thank you.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
In the thread for the property there is this post with a review of the prime minister suite:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20296006-post94.html
You could try to contact the author of that post by PM to see if they might have some photos. Otherwise contact the property.

Also see:
And:
http://www.rosehallresort.com/rooms-...minister-suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.