Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by notmypetunia
I was considering using points for a Rose Hill stay in January or February, but starting at 125,000 points (and upwards) per night, I've reconsidered. Don't know if this nightly point value is typical (I was prepared for in and around 60/70k for peak season) or if it had to do with a change in ownership.
They sell out of base rooms, that's the reason. I booked our room 10 months out (last March for this January), and I had to get premium room at ~75,000/night. They had February open, but it didn't work for us. I think this resort is very popular for redeeming in the winter, especially because kids under 12 are free.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Dec 25, 2014, 1:28 pm

Rose Hall and All Inclusive Questions

Folks,

I'm looking at booking at Rose Hall for the all inclusive option in 2015. Two quick questions:

1. Looks like standard rewards are 70,000 per night when I want visit. I don't think there is a stay 4, get 5th night free or AXON reward. Does anyone know a way to say points for a 7 night stay.

2. I'm also Hilton Diamond, anyone know of the benefits/amenities at an all inclusive resort?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by gowarty
Folks,

I'm looking at booking at Rose Hall for the all inclusive option in 2015. Two quick questions:

1. Looks like standard rewards are 70,000 per night when I want visit. I don't think there is a stay 4, get 5th night free or AXON reward. Does anyone know a way to say points for a 7 night stay.

2. I'm also Hilton Diamond, anyone know of the benefits/amenities at an all inclusive resort?

Thanks in advance.
These threads may be of help as both of your questions are addressed.
Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica Resort Trip Report
Rose Hall Resort & Spa, a Hilton Resort in Jamaica
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
For others' experiences, see this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...amaica-10.html
In particular, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22530276-post120.html

Diamonds and golds do receive a 15% discount on cabana rentals. Your diamond upgrade should also be honored, space available of course.

No way to reduce the points.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

As a Diamond, they upgraded us to a nice room with a view. They also gave us a nice bottle of champagne as we were there on our honeymoon.

We didn't book restaurants in advance and they were full by the time we arrived (for the full 3-day stay)! Call/book them early if you want anything other than standard buffet.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:41 pm

As noted in the sticky thread on award redemptions, there are also other threads for general discussion of all-inclusive resorts, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...nclusives.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:08 pm

We just completed a 7-night stay. We enjoyed this property, too bad it is leaving Hilton chain. I won't write up a review as it won't serve much purpose at this time. I just hope the new owner will keep all of the staff, as they certainly made our stay.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Originally Posted by PedroNY
We just completed a 7-night stay. We enjoyed this property, too bad it is leaving Hilton chain. I won't write up a review as it won't serve much purpose at this time. I just hope the new owner will keep all of the staff, as they certainly made our stay.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Has it been confirmed they're actually leaving the brand? I know they were sold, but that doesn't mean they can't remain a Hilton property.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:49 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by adambrock
Has it been confirmed they're actually leaving the brand? I know they were sold, but that doesn't mean they can't remain a Hilton property.
I haven't seen anything in this thread confirming that, just speculation (though I would agree it seems likely since the company that bought them has their own brands).

That being said, a few weeks ago a mailer I got from Costco was advertising this package, good for reservations through December 15, 2015. I realize this does not mean they can not leave Hilton for sure, but I thought it was of interest.

I have off-peak US Airways tickets booked to MBJ for September, right now I have an award reservation booked at this hotel as well as a paid reservation at the Hyatt Ziva, not sure which one I'll use yet ...
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by adambrock
Everyone I talked to (staff) said that are expecting to leave Hilton and they have their jobs for 3 months, but uncertain after April 1st, 2015. I don't have any documents or PR releases to confirm it, but they are operating as if they will be out of Hilton chain within a few months.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
No timeline, but it does seem to be leaving Hilton. The Google has spoken...

Sagicor set to buy Hilton Rose Hall - News - JamaicaObserver.com
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...se-Hall_177096...
Oct 8, 2014 - The Hilton Rose Hall is expected to be rebranded a Jewel resort. A Sagicor official last night confirmed the intended purchase but said the final ...
The 489-room property... once part of the Wyndham Group and is owned by the Blackstone Group.

The Hilton Rose Hall is expected to be rebranded a Jewel resort.
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-Hall_17709660
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Aimbridge Hospitality selected as management group

This press release states they have selected their management group for the resort.

Interesting that they report it will operate as a Hilton, but that could always change anytime in the future.

Complete release here:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300023667.html
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K Million miller
Does 60k point stay include all meals for all adults

I am able to book a stay from 9/5/2015 to 9/12/2015 for 60k night for 4 adults in a two queen resort view. Will they try and charge me more money for the two additional adults at check in? When I called the Diamond line they say no but this happened to me one time before when Hilton used to have those 3 all inclusive resorts in the Dominican republic years ago. Diamond line told me then that I wouldn't be charged but at check in at the resort they gave me a really hard time and said that I would have to pay a additional hundred dollars a night each for my two sons that were 18 and 20 at the time. Has anyone stayed there with more than 2 adults on a point stay recently and were you charged for the additional 2 adults?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: hilton diamond, united 1k, priority
Rose Hall

We were at Rose Hall last year with 2 rooms and 3 adults in each room. They didn't question it and it was a wonderful time.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:49 pm
Suspended

I tried to book 5 nights using points. I don't see any reduction in points for 4 nights - 5th free. I thought this benefit (4 night - 5th free) is supposed to apply automatically for all hilton properties. Do I miss anything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.