FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:35 am
Artemk

Programs: UA, HH
Just came back from Hilton Rose Hall. To tell the truth, hotel can use some renovations. Rooms are a bit dated, but definitely acceptable. Waterpark on property is a huge plus when staying with kids. Alternatives with free transportation are great, but nothing beats walking out of the hotel right into the waterpark.

First of all, wanted to confirm - there were no additional charges for kids on our award stay (I did specify their age at booking).

Trip started a bit rough, especially if you are not familiar with Jamaican way of being a bit more relaxed then some other countries. We arrived at 12:30, got our bands, but got our room right at 4pm, no upgrades (HH Plat) and still not the room they planned for us. Welcome amenity took 2 days and 3 inquiries to arrive.

Other than these minor things the stay was great. It was really hard to get kids (4&7) out of waterpark. Food was good and plenty. Prior to arriving I emailed request for restaurant reservations - when we arrived I was given a card with times for all 3 restaurants. All 3 were decent.

Cabana for a day was good. My wife enjoyed the spa one day.

I did some diving with Dressel's down the road at Iberostar. Dressel's is by far more serious dive shop than the one at Hilton. Taxi from Hilton to Iberostar is set rate of $15. I tried negotiating with the driver for a round trip price without much success. People at Dressel's explained that all I had to do was to get to the road, then local taxi ride would cost me $1 at most. Made that trip 3 more time after that.

For airport transportation we booked Reggae Tourz - everything went very smooth. Having Priority Pass membership I tried both arrival and departure lounges - arrival is very small, but not a bad place to have a drink and rest for a minute after the flight and customs. Departure is much better with drink, snacks, Tvs for kids. Great place to wait for your flight.

Overall, great trip, everybody had great time.