Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Hawaii, USA {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Hawaii, USA {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out what would be a good Honolulu hotel for myself with my family. I will be needing 2 rooms on points in March for 3 nights (Yes Spring Break). We will have a rental car. We don’t need a full blown resort although we aren’t opposed to it. We will be spending our days out at the beach and exploring the island. It would be nice to have bars, restaurants, and entertainment in walking distance, but also not required. I’ve never been to Honolulu so I am not familiar with any of the hotels or area. For what it’s worth I am Diamond.

Any input is appreciated
Thank you for your help!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by flyou10
Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out what would be a good Honolulu hotel for myself with my family. I will be needing 2 rooms on points in March for 3 nights (Yes Spring Break). We will have a rental car. We don’t need a full blown resort although we aren’t opposed to it. We will be spending our days out at the beach and exploring the island. It would be nice to have bars, restaurants, and entertainment in walking distance, but also not required. I’ve never been to Honolulu so I am not familiar with any of the hotels or area. For what it’s worth I am Diamond.

Any input is appreciated
Thank you for your help!
Since you don't seem to have many criteria, would just do a price comparison and pick the best deal! No Hilton properties in Honolulu are too far out of the way, and you'll have a car anyway. Can't really recommend one of the others based on your description of needs. Enjoy!
​​​​​​​
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
I agree...no serious needs, hard to specify one for you. But for Waikiki, my vote always goes to the Embassy Suites.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Hello everyone,

Any input is appreciated
Thank you for your help!
How old are the kids in the family? I always like the Hilton Hawaiian Village, the kids will love all the pools (unless they are surly teens who don't like anything)
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Cool Hawaiian Village Hilton

For sure, it is your best choice. Beautiful, right on the water. Friday nights there are fireworks! Right in town so you can easily get anywhere you like. Be sure to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center in the north, closed on Sundays. Watch the surfers up there. Bring your bathing suits as there are excellent beaches on that run. Take in a luau. See if Kodak still has its free hula show. With such a short visit and kids who want to be in the water, I would skip most of the museums, of which there are many excellent ones, and concentrate on Pearl Harbor. That is also a must. If you are a Costco member, there is one between the airport and Honolulu for souvenirs and cheap gas. Have a great, though short, trip. Next time, allow more days and use points for Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Big Island. Your kids will think they died and went to heaven.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:19 pm

Thank you!

This will actually be a kid free vacation. It is my wife and her mom and brother. We actual are spending 5 days at her uncle’s time share in Maui. We just decided to extend the trip and spend some more time in Hawaii at a different island.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I still say the HHV - but recommend you spring for the Ali'i Tower - it has it's own very serene pool, usually not the hectic madhouse with kids that the other pools are like. We travel child free, also, and it's still our favorite place in Waikiki. There are several restaurants on site, but we also walk across the park and/or down the beach for many more. Unless your MIL has mobility issues, they are nice strolls.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I would agree with the Ali'i Tower recommendation if you're going to choose HHV.

But Embassy Suites is much more central for nightlife. HHV is at the far end of Waikiki and not especially convenient to anything else, as most of the nightlife is a 20+ minute walk away.

You're going to pay a fortune for parking regardless.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Have you already booked your air? If not, consider the Big Island for the volcano viewing. Go to the bar in Volcano House that serves Pele's Delight and has a straight on view of the hot lava. Drive around the island, a whole day trip, stop at the Punulu'u Bake Shop near the farthest point south in the US for goodies or lunch. Their malasada donuts are the best in all the Islands. See the volcano and big banyan tree in Hilo. Another lunch option is in Hilo where you can grab native fare and eat in the park near the ocean. Go to City of Refuge en route south out of Kona. Pu'uhonua O Honaunau is the Hawaiian name on the directional post.

Stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village for the gorgeous gardens and the personal Asian art collection of the developer. The spa is killer. Ride the tram or, better, the little boats. Take the little boats at night and enjoy the lights in the gardens. Eat at Roy's in the nearby shopping center. You can also rent a jeep and drive to the top of Mauna Kea to see the observatory, weather permitting. A beach is not on site but a lovely lagoon is. Beach is close, next to the Marriott. Ocean Tower has its own adult pool.

My husband and I find this a wonderful adult vacation and we return every few years.

Costco is near the airport en route to the hotel.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:45 pm

Thank you!

We have not booked our flights yet. So a change to a different island is still possible. I like that idea.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
But Embassy Suites is much more central for nightlife. HHV is at the far end of Waikiki and not especially convenient to anything else, as most of the nightlife is a 20+ minute walk away.
Thank you!
Unfortunately, the ES on the days I need are 210k+/night/room. The HGI is 50k, DT 50k, and HHV 60k.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Unfortunately, the ES on the days I need are 210k+/night/room. The HGI is 50k, DT 50k, and HHV 60k.
HHV
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hurricane Lane: Hawaii Hilton Properties

Is anyone currently staying at Waikoloa Village, Hilton Hawaiian Village or Grand Wailea? Would like to hear some first hand reports of damage or how this hurricane is effecting the islands and these properties
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
You can take a look at their webcam at Waikoloa Village, I spoke with the folk at the Fairmont Orchid this afternoon, and they said that they had a few sprinkles of rain, but nothing more. They are expecting some surge in the ocean, and rough surf. I'm heading there tomorrow from LIH. Konaweb Camera showed some interesting big waves crashing onto Ali'i Drive in Kona late this afternoon!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
You can take a look at their webcam at Waikoloa Village, I spoke with the folk at the Fairmont Orchid this afternoon, and they said that they had a few sprinkles of rain, but nothing more. They are expecting some surge in the ocean, and rough surf. I'm heading there tomorrow from LIH. Konaweb Camera showed some interesting big waves crashing onto Ali'i Drive in Kona late this afternoon!
Thanks I was not aware of that camera so that is good information. Sounds like some of the worst may be yet to come. Hope all are safe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.