Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Hawaii, USA {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Hawaii, USA {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by loomis
The OP said that he wants to use the 5th night free award, using HH points. That only works for standard rooms.

It may be difficult to find a standard room available for an award for five nights straight in Hawaii, booking less than two months in advance.
Possible at HHV or Hilton Waikiki, Grand Wailea really doubtful. In fact, someone posted a rant thread about Grand Wailea recently on that very subject (no standard rooms available for July).
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Unless you want the full "resort" setup, and just want to stay in Hawaii, I always push my personal choice: ES Beachwalk as best value.

Food can be expensive on the islands. Free great breakfast as well as generous free drinks at night is a plus here, esp. for families with kids.

It's not as overrun as Hilton pools - it's got a mellow but very nice pool/tanning area. Rooms way bigger than other HH properties in area. Oahu has a lot to do, or you can get away from the bustling vibe of Waikikii and go more secluded North Shore and Eastside places to snorkle or hike.

I don't dig Grand Wailea. I've been there a few times, it's pool is unmatched for kids, grounds great, but "value"... Eh, it's a lovely hotel with no extra niceties and a fee everywhere you go. No food or drinks that don't cost an arm and leg. So even if you're maximizing a free cert or points where you purport to get a value, you're gonna spend money if you participate in any of the resort's attractions outside of pool and free bikes.

Hilton Resort on Waikikii is a little loud/overrun with kids. The pools and such are crowded. Nice, but again, no food benefits (I'm diamond, got upgraded but that's it).

Parking is a wash everywhere, no freebies - maybe the new HGI in Kauai, dunno.

Things just seem easy and i never feel ripped off at the ES. It may not have a beach, but it's just across the street from a nice big reasonably empty one as well as having a ton to do in either direction.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Hilton Waikiki provides value at 40k/50k per night. One block walk to the beach. Decent rooms with usable balconies (not just "juliet balconies").

As gold I booked a paid stay at the lowest rate on the non-ocean side, was upgraded to 30th floor full ocean view. Exec lounge in the basement has OK offerings but is FAR too small for the demand. Opens at 06:00 for breakfast, all table space claimed at 06:05. If you didn't want to deal with the crush, you could always walk a few blocks to the Rainbow Drive-in for a cheap breakfast Loco Moco.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
If you didn't want to deal with the crush, you could always walk a few blocks to the Rainbow Drive-in for a cheap breakfast Loco Moco.
Or Lulu's for breakfast with an open air ocean view.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Hilton Waikiki provides value at 40k/50k per night. One block walk to the beach. Decent rooms with usable balconies (not just "juliet balconies").

As gold I booked a paid stay at the lowest rate on the non-ocean side, was upgraded to 30th floor full ocean view. Exec lounge in the basement has OK offerings but is FAR too small for the demand. Opens at 06:00 for breakfast, all table space claimed at 06:05. If you didn't want to deal with the crush, you could always walk a few blocks to the Rainbow Drive-in for a cheap breakfast Loco Moco.
I'll second the Hilton Waikiki. Had a paid stay there at the end of April and very much enjoyed it. I thought the the EL had some pretty good offerings, but is way too small.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Redemption values are rather iffy and status benefits are limited (even by watered down hilton standards) - you are much better off looking for good specials or priceline deal. Save points for less touristy destination.

Most chains expect ppl to redeem points in hawaii so they make sure you dont get anything for free...
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Of the Hilton resorts, I will say we greatly enjoyed our HWV trip some years ago. This was the era of 100,000 ALON awards and a fantastic lounge in the Ocean Tower that Golds were given access to. But even post-multiple-devaluations of HH, I'd still say this is a nice resort.

Each Hawaiian island has its own vibe. If I only had 5 days, I'd probably pick the one island I was most interested in and figure out the hotel after that. Since July is a *little* off-peak (well, relative to Christmas...I don't think Hawaii is ever totally off-peak), maybe you'll have luck looking at VRBO, Priceline, etc.

It would also seem like the season when they'd want to do timeshare promos, so if you can stand that kind of thing I know there are periodic offers out there with all of the big brands. Starwood and Marriott both regularly mail me stuff about their Hawaiian timeshares, with the 5-night offer for your promotional stay being the most common. (A typical one is $700 + tax for a run-of-house hotel room plus some bonus points or rental car credit.)
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
I like Hilton Waikiki too. I am booked there for next January. 6 nights with a free night for 200,000 points. they also have a refrig and coffee maker in room.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I had a nice stay at ES Beachwalk several years back on a GLONP, but I'm not sure if it's still a great value these days. Also, It no longer has much in the way of beach views since the Trump Tower next door went up. Still, if it fits your redemption requirements, it's a great property with plenty in walking distance (beach, shopping, restaurants, other resorts, etc), good size rooms, good breakfast, and drink reception (2 drinks per guest when I was there, maybe more liberal now?).
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:35 pm

Very brief stay in Honolulu

I have a very short stay (1 night) coming up in Honolulu and it seems my choices are the DoubleTree Alana, Hilton Waikiki Beach (about $15 more than the DoubleTree) and the Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki (about $35 more than the DoubleTree).

Using points, the Hilton Waitiki is 50K, while the others are both 60K for the night

Which hotel do you think I should opt for? FYI, I am a Diamond.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
drink reception (2 drinks per guest when I was there, maybe more liberal now?).
I've stayed at the ES Waikiki numerous times, most recent last March. I've never had a limit placed on the free drinks.. I agree, its a great property with many dining options near.

Originally Posted by golmaale
I have a very short stay (1 night) coming up in Honolulu and it seems my choices are the DoubleTree Alana, Hilton Waikiki Beach (about $15 more than the DoubleTree) and the Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki (about $35 more than the DoubleTree).

Using points, the Hilton Waitiki is 50K, while the others are both 60K for the night

Which hotel do you think I should opt for? FYI, I am a Diamond.
Of those three I prefer the DoubleTree. As a diamond, I usually score a room upgrade. The hotel was recently renovated. The HGI is new and in a great location for restaurants along Kalakaua.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
Hi! When looking for a room in Hawaii in January, the Hampton Inn & Suites Oahu/Kapolei came up. It sounds like it's in a new shopping center development. Anybody have thoughts on this location? I'm thinking that it might be a nice alternative to Waikiki... I would have a rental car and plan to explore. The prices are quite reasonable for Hawaii - there are some $125ish paid rates or cash and points of $65 + 16,000 pts for the dates I'm considering.
http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...XHX/index.html
Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 2 MM, then AA EXP, now BA Silver; next stop, Kayak
Originally Posted by manderwa
Hi! When looking for a room in Hawaii in January, the Hampton Inn & Suites Oahu/Kapolei came up...
Any info on this property?

Does it work for an overnight between flights?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by someotherguy
Does it work for an overnight between flights?
The Hampton Inn & Suites Oahu/Kapolei is 16.9 miles from HNL according to Bing Maps. By comparison, the DoubleTree Alana Waikiki Beach is 8.4 miles. The wildcard for travel time would be traffic.

HNL to Hampton Inn Kapolei: https://binged.it/2eLM9Zw
HNL to DoubleTree Alana: https://binged.it/2g463UV
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Have a free night reward from the AMEX, which one will give the best value for a family of 3 in Waikiki(HNL)? Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.