Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Same experience for me at YYZ for years..
Old Jun 25, 2020, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by jizen
June 25 Thursday
8:30pm T1

PC
Multiple Hyundai Tucson
2020 Mazda CX-5
Multiple minivans
Kia Sorento x1

5*
Similar choices with multiple crappy Kia souls

Gold*

Best choices are brand new Dodge Caravan + relatively new Camry SE

Upgrades are Old Audi A5 + Infinity Q50
Best vehicle from reserved area is lone Volvo S60 + 2019 Dodge Durango + 2019 Chevy Tahoe + 2019 Infinity Q50

It seems like all those brand new 2020 Subaru forester and 2020 Ecoboost mustang are gone
Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:31 pm

Picked up a car from T1 at YYZ today June 30th around 2:30pm.

PC aisle: mostly cars and some SUVs. A few Rogues, a couple Camrys, overall very poor selection except for 1 Murano which I took

5* was also horrible except for one Sportage and one Tuscon.

I regret not looking at both Hertz and National before booking but the Hertz deal was better than National for a one way rental.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Hertz aisles were full of cars. I had a compact car one-way reservation downtown and am a 5-star, the guy was sort of "bleh" about letting me choose from the aisle, but let me choose anything from the Gold aisle in the end. I ended up choosing a CX-3 with 4k kms in the end from 5-Star without asking anyway.

YYZ on July 11, at ~8pm.

PC
Volkswagen Tiguan
Mitsubishi Outlander x2
Nissan rogue x2
Kia Sorento
Mitsubishi RVR
Mitsubishi eclipse cross
Toyota Corolla hatchback

5-Star
Kia Sportage
Nissan Qashqai
Mazda CX-3 x2
Nissan kicks
Nissan rogue x2
Hyundai Kona x3
Hyundai Sonata
Volkswagen golf (smoked in, 47k kms)

Gold
Hyundai Elantra x4
Hyundai Sonata
Kia Rio x2
Kia Forte x4
Kia Soul x3
Kia Sportage
Toyota Corolla x11
Toyota Corolla Hatchback x2
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:44 am

It is virtually impossible to find the garage for Hertz in the Bay (20 Bloor E) if you don't know what you're looking for..... it's an alley with a garage entrance between Longo's and "construction" and I'd have never found it if I never thought to ask when taking the car out at YYZ, and also asked some security guards who were patrolling at 11pm at Bloor

Also, incredibly confusingly, they have a sign that the location is temporarily closed, on the window of their "office", but the actual express key dropoff was still open, the entrance to the Hertz area was open (unlike Avis which was blocked by a couple cars), the website says the location is still open and I mean the gate let me in and I think they closed my rental, even though I didn't get an email....

These were parked in the Gold Choice aisles, but don't know if it even means anything...

HLE 20 Bloor E
Santa Fe
Toyota Corolla
VW Golf
Toyota RAV4
Hyundai Sonata
Old Sep 19, 2020, 7:03 pm

September 19 Saturday @ 5:00 PM T1

The lot was empty
and several customers were waiting for a long time
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:25 pm

September 19, Saturday @ 5:00 PM

Hertz PC/5 star/Gold lots were all empty. Few Infinity q50 + GMC Yukon + 1 brand new Jeep Wrangler + some mid-size SUVs are parked at reserved area
National/Enterprise/Alamo were sold out too
Avis lot is 20% full (Noticed two Jeep Gladiator with NY plate and their agent said it's rentable
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jizen
September 19, Saturday @ 5:00 PM

Hertz PC/5 star/Gold lots were all empty. Few Infinity q50 + GMC Yukon + 1 brand new Jeep Wrangler + some mid-size SUVs are parked at reserved area
National/Enterprise/Alamo were sold out too
Avis lot is 20% full (Noticed two Jeep Gladiator with NY plate and their agent said it's rentable
Wouldn’t dare rent a car with US plates in Canada right about now, Canadians are more than fed up with the US political situation and handling of coronavirus disease. Would expect the car to get vandalized by the time it is to be returned 😂
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:57 am

Avis is always flooded with U.S cars recently. They have an aisle specifically for those cars.
For other companies they usually park their vehicle with U.S plates at the distribution center since there shouldn't be any one-way to U.S rental.
I would also refuse to take the car if they try to give me one.

Originally Posted by jim32190
Wouldn’t dare rent a car with US plates in Canada right about now, Canadians are more than fed up with the US political situation and handling of coronavirus disease. Would expect the car to get vandalized by the time it is to be returned 😂
Old Nov 7, 2020, 2:15 pm

Does anyone know if Hertz (or any of the other agencies) regularly has an Volvo XC90 (or similar 3 row luxury crossover) in their inventory? I have a two day rental next week and booked a Premium SUV since it was the best thing available - was going to call the day of and see what they have and the upgrade cost before trekking out there. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 22, 2020, 7:31 pm

Nov 22 Sunday @ 11:00 AM

PC/5*/Gold are full of cars

Mix of compact Nissan/Kia/Mitsubishi SUV + few midsize with winter tires on

Upgrade area has 1 dodge charger + 1 Infiniti q50
Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:19 am

Feb 14. PC empty. Five Star you could have anything you wanted as long as you want an orange Kona.

Old Feb 22, 2021, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Feb 14. PC empty. Five Star you could have anything you wanted as long as you want an orange Kona.
So, uh, what did you end up driving?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:20 pm

Is anyone else having issues trying to make a reservation on the Hertz website or mobile for a Toronto rental for this weekend? I tried using the Brookfield location as well as the YYZ pearson location, both shows unable to process?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Commie
Is anyone else having issues trying to make a reservation on the Hertz website or mobile for a Toronto rental for this weekend? I tried using the Brookfield location as well as the YYZ pearson location, both shows unable to process?
I think it is a systemwide issue, I can't book for SAN either. They were doing an upgrade yesterday so had a warning message on their site. And today we have had the big Microsoft outage, so I suspect it is one of those two things!
jizen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.