Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
T1 PC Monday July 1 @ 10pm

Dodge Charger
Dodge Challenger
Volvo V60
Rogue x 2
Prius
Ram 1500 (old/base model)

Upgrade selection

Brand new white Audi A5 x 2
Ford mustang Ecoboost convertible
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:19 pm

T1 PC - Su Jul 7 - 6pm

Dodge Durango Citadel
Volvo S60
Volvo V90
Infinity Q50S
Toyota Tacoma
Buick Regal - taken
Infinity Q50S - taken

Upgrade selection

Cadillac XTS
Audi A5
Alfa SUV
Infinity Q50S

T3 PC

Kia soul

Upgrade selection

Camaro RS hardtop
Comaro RS convertible
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I picked up a 2019 Alfa Romeo Gulia Q4 from the president circle lot today (T1). Didn't realize how nice of a car it actually is. I just looked up the price...yikes!
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Bad experience at T3 yesterday. 1 Impala and 1 Nissan Altima in the 5 Star Line. 3 Kia SUVs (2 of which had 39 and 37 km, respectively) and 1 RAV4 in the President's Circle. Reserved section full of cars.

I was looking for a car with built in NAV and after I opened the door to the third car on the aisle, the Gold/PC lot attendant YELLED "Sir, you need to choose a vehicle, you cannot keep looking at vehicles!"

I ignored it because, that is the whole point of Ultimate CHOICE., and took a new RAV4.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:32 pm

Sunday July 21/19 @ 7pm

T1 NO CARS ALL Isles
Upgrade selection had one lonely Volvo V60

T3 PC NO CARS
Upgrade Selection Mustang GT convertible X 2

Hertz customer service at it's best yelling at their best customers again for simply looking at a car in the isle. Crazy. Be sure to write into Presidents circle customer service and mention that. PresidentCircleCustomerService at Hertz dot Com.

Meanwhile National had a full isle of almost all SUVs at T1
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
What's the deal with YYZ anyways? It's not like this anywhere else (based on the comments above). God forbid you have to go into the waiting area for gold members to try and get some attention too. YYZ seems like it should be a great place to rent from, but I echo others frustrations here.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:03 pm

No more Hertz ultimate choice upgrades at YYZ. They took the signs down for the $40/50 upgrades and are now trying to charge Presidents circle members $75/day and up for a convertible at the gold counter.

When I mentioned I'll just walk over to national all of a sudden they were able to do a $40/day upgrade fee for a PC member. However the paperwork and whole process for the upgrade took 30 minutes including waiting at the gate.

Also it's almost next to impossible to extend a rental on the phone after you pick up. Most of the agents can only look up USA contacts and send you on a wild goose chase of numbers to call for Canada. With national you can get a price and extend right in the app.

And watch out for speeding Hertz staff driving cars thru the returns area and almost running people over.

One last thing the mustang convertibles at Hertz have no tire inflator or spare tire so good luck if you get a flat. I checked all 3 that were there. The ones over at national have either the spare tire or factory inflator kit.

Isles were mostly empty Sunday afternoon. Over at national the isle was full.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Elite
What kind of Premium (Group G) PCAR Chrysler 300 or similar are around lately?
Might try that vs rolling the dice in the Gold isle.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:19 pm

It was a cluster F* at the Terminal 1 YYZ tonight August 12th around 8:30pm. There was no cars at all in the President's choice section, and 1 Toyota Corolla in the 5 Stars. Probably around 5-6 groups of renters waiting for a car and standing around the Hertz office.

I was lucky, they 'let' me take one of the Buick Regal's that was parked in their upgrade sections for 'free', they won't let me take the Mustang though.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Originally Posted by BThumme
What's the deal with YYZ anyways? It's not like this anywhere else (based on the comments above). God forbid you have to go into the waiting area for gold members to try and get some attention too. YYZ seems like it should be a great place to rent from, but I echo others frustrations here.
Hertz at YYZ are a massive joke. They tried to put me in a base model Dodge Challenger on an LCAR reservation. I pushed back and said no way, that isn't a luxury car to me and I want a Volvo, Audi or a similar luxury offering. I walked around and found a Volvo V90CC. They told me I couldn't have that because it belonged to a HLE in Ottawa and they couldn't rent Volvos out for 30 days. I waited 2 hours before a female employee (assuming a manager) saw me waiting and told me to take the Volvo V90CC.

Ridiculous. I spent thousands of dollars last year with Hertz and they didn't care one bit.

I have a long-term rental next week again. Hope to get something good.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K

PC row this past Wednesday noon.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:29 pm

Anyone know a decent manager these days at YYZ and can send me their details? I'd like to see if they could "hold" a specific a vehicle for me.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by manohman
Anyone know a decent manager these days at YYZ and can send me their details? I'd like to see if they could "hold" a specific a vehicle for me.
lol good luck. I had an encounter with Abbas not too long ago and was basically told to go f*** myself if I didn’t like the selection of vehicles; because there was a “selection” of mostly Q4 SUVs which no one wants; also they love telling about how I can go to the 5* and Gold sections if I don’t like PC... really, what are the chances I’ll find anything remotely better there than in PC. What a joke. So done with Hertz YYZ.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by jim32190

lol good luck. I had an encounter with Abbas not too long ago and was basically told to go f*** myself if I didn’t like the selection of vehicles; because there was a “selection” of mostly Q4 SUVs which no one wants; also they love telling about how I can go to the 5* and Gold sections if I don’t like PC... really, what are the chances I’ll find anything remotely better there than in PC. What a joke. So done with Hertz YYZ.
Ugh. I see they haven't improved since I stopped renting with them last year then.

I'm hoping to get a Volvo this week when I go in for a month rental. I guess I can always go back each day for a swap until I find one
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:13 pm

Wednesday 28th - T1 PC:
- Various SUVs. Jeep Grand Cherokee, Buick, Toyota, Kia, etc.
- Lonely Volvo S60 T6 R-Design Polestar

Naturally I took the S60. The Buick would have been my second choice.

Not bad for $800 a month rental. Would cost you around that to finance a S60 before insurance and maintenance.

5 Star was all Hyundai and Toyota sedans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.