Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at YYZ; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dP21
How is the selection of mini-van (R) lately?

I have a reservation for next weekend, pickup on Thursday. Paying the airport convenince fee to guarantee I get a mini-van for the 6 passengers + luggage.
I just rented one last week. Only had two 2021 Chrysler Pacificas available, each with no less than 30k km.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 6:39 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
High mileage Pacifica’s is what I have seen
Old Jul 14, 2023, 12:30 pm

July 13, Thursday at 10:30PM

I've never seen a full PC aisle so Thursday night is probably a best time to pick up at YYZ
'Standouts' are new ford escape, chevy equinox, nissan rouge, and corolla hybrid (Look out for plates starting with CYXX or CZXX)
5* and gold only had small sedans (hyundai elantra, corolla and kia souls)
Upgrade has new GLC300 Coupe, Mustang ecoboost convertible (base), camaro convertible (2LT base), new toyota crown
For EV Hertz has model 3 and polestar 2

I asked about the polestar 1 and the agent said they had 3 or 4 of them, but currently it's non reservable online.
I checked couple of weeks ago and I think it was like $280 CAD per day (with AAA code) with 2 day minimum required.

PC

PC

Premium Upgrade

Polestar 1 on display only
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by jizen; Jul 14, 2023 at 12:39 pm
Old Jul 23, 2023, 11:32 am

July 20, Thursday at 11PM

PC only has ford escape and jeep compass, empty 5 star, and few corollas available at Gold.
And Hertz is getting some new Maserati Grecale GT

Old Aug 23, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: AC 50K, MR Plat
Originally Posted by chemengin
I just rented one last week. Only had two 2021 Chrysler Pacificas available, each with no less than 30k km.
Following up my own thread.

I ended up seeing only 2 Pacificas as well, both high mileage. BUT both had winter tires on them too!!! Was not a fun drive to Chicago, which was during the NASCAR race that got rained out...driving in heavy rain in a Pacifica with snows was not my idea of fun.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:45 pm

PC on Sep 26th looked like this, 5S and Gold have been despite some Teslas pretty empty too.

Booked as a PC Group L and received a 65k km Kia Sorento (Group L). I had to resist on a 4WD and received the car finally 75 minutes later than the reserved pick-up time. The engine has been incredibly loud but finally the car and us survived another 3.500 km.

The experience right before in YVR hasn't been much better. That time, I have received also booked L and received a Kia Sorento with service due in less than 1.000 km for a 9 days drive from YVR to YYC. At least this engine has been working at a normal level.

Overall the experience with Hertz in Canada has been even more disappointing than in Europe.

jizen likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:49 pm

Has anyone rented at YYZ recently? How's the selection?

I'm deciding between National Luxury category (Audi A4/BMW 3 Series) or Hertz (P4) Volvo V90 or Similar.

Hertz is cheaper by ~$40.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC & HH
Datapoints from recent pickup:

Gold Aisle - 4x Nissan Versa
President's Club - Ford Edge Titanium, 2x Dodge Rams, 1x Jeep Cherokee

Two separate visits, really disappointed with the selection.
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.