Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Yup, exactly.
Thank ya!
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
11:30PM on a Sunday. A bunch of crap. I took a 4Runner SR5 with 20,000+ miles. A Chrysler 300S had 25,000+ miles.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Arrived Saturday around noon. PC full of midsize SUVs, a Colorado and a 300S. Hopped in Explorer that smelled like smoke. Jumped in an acadia SLT with 12k miles.

They has 3 7-series BMWs and a Range Rover classic. I asked a lady walking by and she said she thought the rover was around 50.00 a day and BMWs were 15-25. Is the 25.00 PC upgrade no longer a thing? She said I had to ask the lady inside but someone was in there so I didn’t bother.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
Originally Posted by xfire22
Arrived Saturday around noon. PC full of midsize SUVs, a Colorado and a 300S. Hopped in Explorer that smelled like smoke. Jumped in an acadia SLT with 12k miles.

They has 3 7-series BMWs and a Range Rover classic. I asked a lady walking by and she said she thought the rover was around 50.00 a day and BMWs were 15-25. Is the 25.00 PC upgrade no longer a thing? She said I had to ask the lady inside but someone was in there so I didn’t bother.
I was told by SEA location that they discontinued the $25 president circle upgrades across the board because of complaints of unbalanced upgrades from location. Which I understand, but now most of the agents are kind of overcharging for upgrades in my opinion.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Nothing overly impressive last night around 8pm in FS on the A-Side. I did snag a 2020 Colorado V6 LT with 7 miles on the odometer though! Still had the pull-off screen protector on the radio.

The rest was made of a GMC Terrain, 300, a Malibu, two more Colorados and a hodge podge of small cars.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
“Risk management” question;
Prerequisites;
L4 Full size suv booked.
Pick up at MCO early evening the Thursday before Christmas.
President’s Club tier
i need at least a 6 seater (de facto 7 seater) for the later half of my rental.
SUV prices have skyrocketed, so splitting my rental in two is not an option.

Question;
Do I dare to book a compact/midsize and use the PC perk to choice from any of the Ultimate Choice sections and hope for a 7-seater to be available?

EK
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Erikderek_SWE
“Risk management” question;
Prerequisites;
L4 Full size suv booked.
Pick up at MCO early evening the Thursday before Christmas.
President’s Club tier
i need at least a 6 seater (de facto 7 seater) for the later half of my rental.
SUV prices have skyrocketed, so splitting my rental in two is not an option.

Question;
Do I dare to book a compact/midsize and use the PC perk to choice from any of the Ultimate Choice sections and hope for a 7-seater to be available?

EK
It might be best to ask here, or have a look here and see what you think: Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
GOTBound likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:26 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
The above question was moved to the consolidated MCO thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
GOTBound likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:30 pm

3 row / 7 passenger SUVs are very rare in UC at MCO in my experience. I've seen them once or twice but 90% of the time it's a bunch of Equinox-esque small SUVs and sedans. You can book a backup reservation with a midsize rate in case you find something in PC, but I wouldn't drop your actual SUV reservation.

Minivans on the other hand are fairly common. Not always, but probably there 75-80% of the time.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Avis President’s Club
9/12 B side around 4pm. A few Suburbans, a Pathfinder, couple of pick-up trucks, minivans and smaller SUVs. I took a Suburban LT, 4500 miles on the clock.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Picked up from here a couple of hours ago and there was a woeful selection in A side 5* and Gold. Mainly Cruzes and small cars like that. Also a few people carriers. High mileage 2018 Altimas in full size section

I went to the office to ask if anything better was coming up or on B side. The guy said it was pretty much the same, but one high mileage Charger (unsure if R/T)

I asked if I could take the 300S from PC (which also has a terrible selection). He said it was not a problem

The nicest car in PC was a Cadillac SUV. Serval Altimas there too

Never seen it as bad as that, but happy enough with the 300S (26K miles on it)
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC E, HH Gold
Im wondering if anyone seen the selections for Intermediate Pick up Regular Cab (Group O6)? Is there a lot of selections/inventory? If there are none in the group, as an AMEX Plat holder who is eligible for one class upgrade, what kind of group would I most likely be moved/upgraded to?

TIA!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:10 pm

I will be flying into MCO the Friday before thanksgiving & doing quite a bit of driving. I currently have a P6 Luxury SUV Group..Escalade or similar reserved for $622 Friday-Friday, one week. It was only about $60 more total than the regular Large SUV. I also saw that I could reserve a “Luxury Elite 04 BMW 740 Dream Cars or Similar” for $657.

Assuming if I rent the Escalade class, if that isn’t available I would get a Navigator or QX80? What would the similar to the BMW 740 be, does anyone have experience with that? I also would upgrade to a Range Rover or Range Rover Sport once I got there if possible, but I don’t know what the likelihood of them being available is.

My next dilemma is that I most likely will not be returning to MCO. Will probably be RSW (Fort Myers) or near Savanah, GA. If I look to book as a one way, the rates go up astronomically. For example, the Escalade goes from $622 total to $2,178 total for a one way MCO-RSW, & the BMW doesn’t even show as an option. Is there a way around this? The last rental we had we changed dropped off at a different location & they waived the fee, no questions asked..did we luck out here or is this pretty normal?

Any guidance would be great!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: JAL
Hi everyone, new member.

Booking an LCAR out of Orlando at the end of December, and wondering what is likely? Booked same class in BOS a couple of years ago and the ATS we got was a little tight for 4. My rental pattern means Gold only at the moment.

Also one way to MSY, so rate goes up by around $700

Thanks to mods for moving to MCO thread.

Last edited by inego; Oct 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:41 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by inego
Hi everyone, new member.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Chrysler 300 is the most common LCAR I've seen around the US; I'd expect one of those.
inego likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.