Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Evan_S
Anybody had any experience what would get for a T2, is a Yukon likely or something else ?
Name on the board, received a Nissan Armada, didn’t check the kms but looked almost new.
no complaints with that.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:36 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived yesterday (Sunday) around 1500. PC was fully-stocked with numerous mid-size SUV; I noted Ford Edge, Nissan Rogue, Kia Sorrento, Ford Explorer, Honda CR-V, Chevy Equinox, and a Volvo XC-40 among the options. I also noted a single Chrysler Pacific PHEV minivan. For sedans, a single Chrysler 300, numerous other full-sizes, and some Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros in base trim for coupes. Randomly, there was also a Nissan Frontier crew cab pickup and a 4 door Jeep Wrangler.

It wasn't that crowded so I poked around the SUVs and picked an L4 GMC Acadia AWD SLT with AZ plates, 8,900 miles on the odometer, and working Sirus/XM.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Dec. 9 around 9:30 am, a pretty decent selection in PC, including Tesla Model X, Merc GLA, Alfa Stevia, plus a whole bunch of midsize sedans and SUVs. Considered the Stevia, but it was a little beat up. Wound up taking an XC-60 with under 1500 miles.
seausa likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC 50K, MR Plat
Planning on renting a Model Y and taking it up to Tahoe in February. Have prepaid for the rental direct with Hertz right now.

Does anyone know if the tires are M+S and or if the chain guys on the side of the road have ones that could accommodate a Model Y tires if CHP requires it?

Or should I switch to a traditional SUV that will likely be all wheel drive and get one with M+S rated tires?

We would also be carrying 3 sets of skis (1 adult, 2 kids) and the 4 boots (hockey bag) and 2 other checked bags + back packs.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: AC 50K, MR Plat
Originally Posted by dP21
Planning on renting a Model Y and taking it up to Tahoe in February. Have prepaid for the rental direct with Hertz right now.

Does anyone know if the tires are M+S and or if the chain guys on the side of the road have ones that could accommodate a Model Y tires if CHP requires it?

Or should I switch to a traditional SUV that will likely be all wheel drive and get one with M+S rated tires?

We would also be carrying 3 sets of skis (1 adult, 2 kids) and the 4 boots (hockey bag) and 2 other checked bags + back packs.
Answering my own question for those in the future.

Changed rental to an AWD SUV (L) which had all-seasons with M+S. It was a Ford Edge with <100miles

We ran into dodgy weather going up to Tahoe on the 50; recommend folks to learn about R1/2/3 states if they do the same trip as we still needed to carry chains within the car.
blairvanhorn, anteater and seausa like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:44 pm

I went on the 31st of March at 12am. The lots were fully loaded.

Typical compact sedans and subcompact Crossovers in Gold
But a VW Taos and Hyundai Kona N-Line were in there

Presidents Circle was basically Rogues, Edges, Escapes, 1 Santa Fe. But out of the plethora of Edges, 2 of them were Titanium (Cooled seats, 180 degree camera, bunch of goodies), I took one with 16k miles and was a happy clam.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:28 am

Apologies if it's out of line to ask this in this thread, are we able to drive back to SFO should we have a change in mind of the car (fully fueled) but continue with the same reservation being a PC? And does all cars in the PC aisles be able to take it for a one-way rental? Will be ending the trip at LAX.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
11 pm Thursday, 4/19. My string of good luck ended. PC selection was awful. A bunch of high mileage strippers - Rogues, Kia's, etc., with a some base level Mustangs and Ford Edges. There were several customers wandering around complaining about the selection and hoping staff would bring out something decent. No such luck. I wound up taking a Mustang hardtop w/24k miles. Wow this is a loud car.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Late Tuesday night (4/16) I scored a Nissan Rogue with just 500 miles on it. I was happy with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.