Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:53 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The QX60s were on the far right of the parking structure (when exiting the elevator), against the wall. The Q50 was in the middle aisle of the PC section.
whiskeyplease and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:02 pm

Nothing notable in PC on Friday evening around 5:30pm—mostly generic compact/intermediate SUVs (saw plenty of Hyundai Venues, for example). As I noted in my thread about an unrelated issue, there was one well-equipped Outback that we ended up taking and liking quite a bit. Despite being a 2019 model and having close to 20K miles on it, the car was in good shape and even retained a bit of new car smell.

Also, to close the loop on what this station was likely to do with a PCAR reservation, I was indeed initially directed to PC. When I asked about getting an actual PCAR, the agent offered a Taurus or an Impala.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:29 pm

Programs: Marriott - Ambadorssor, Hyatt - Globalist, Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Diamond
In PC section, got a very cool volvo s90 with advanced configurations in 2019, very impressed.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I landed at SFO on the 19th mid-morning, I ended up with a low-mileage Nissan Murano with CA plates from the PC section. There seemed to be fair number of Muranos and Rogues, some with OR plates.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL, AS, UA, AA
Christmas Eve PC selection at SFO

Landed yesterday 12/24 at 3:30pm, prebooked icar, garage board directed to PC.

PC was just two aisles facing each other far end of garage, lots of mustangs and chargers, couple with HEMI, sprinkling of small Chevy/Hyundai CUVs, nothing remarkable. Walked through 5-Star lane too, even worse. Garage did have a row of “Reserved” that had some luxury sedans and SUVs.

Had to pick back in PC between the only new Ford Escape (black leather trim) or the only Infiniti Q50 (2021, blk and leather). Opened the Escape and smelled smoke, so Q50 it was.

Never driven one before, car has no power, very slow and anemic acceleration. But carplay worked easy, had working Sat radio, and inside trim was comfortable, smelled clean too. 9000 miles, Cali plate. Noticed on freeway it had full driver assist (lane keeping, radar cruise?, etc), when parking noticed it had 360 cameras. Leaving car appreciated keyless entry sensor on door handle so no need to touch fob to lock/unlock.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:18 am

I just rented twice from SFO last week. Both times were a "Compact" rental. First time I got upgraded to "Mini-SUV" and received a Honda HR-V. Second time there was no mention of an upgrade and I got a Hyundai Ioniq hybrid.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:12 am

Picked up Wednesday afternoon, 2/9, and found a brand new Honda HRV in the PC aisle! That was a first for me...only 6 miles on the odometer!
Auto Enthusiast, Ordpc and glostix like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Five Star Aisle

Any reports on Five Star selection, have a 2 week rental coming up and at nearly triple the costs pre-covid have had to go for intermediate and roll the dice hoping they'll have a good selection and possible SUV chance. Grateful for any trip reports to gauge....
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Arrived Saturday afternoon. Five Stars was bare; not a single vehicle to be found. President's Club not much better. A bunch of Ford EcoSports.

Went to National instead. Much better selection in Executive. See my post in National thread.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
I have uploaded a video tour of the Hertz aisles at SFO from a recent visit here...

civicmon, hsk, Exdon and 6 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: Flyingblue, Hertz golden rewards
Nice tour 👍
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:46 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by turbov6
I have uploaded a video tour of the Hertz aisles at SFO from a recent visit here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJrsXoCIDF0
thank you!
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:16 am

Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:43 pm

Landing at 7PM on a Friday this week. What are my odds of anything decent in the PC aisles that late?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:25 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Saturday late night: 23 April

Arrived very late into SFO - these are the available cars in the PC area (today - 25 April, while at the Gold counter, I overheard that 5* and Gold) are still being directed to the PC area.
In the end I selected Infinity Q50 sedan - which had 47500+ miles on it, but it was a fully equipped vehicle with Sirius XM and navigation, etc. Was happy with the car in the end compared to the other mainly SUV's in the lot especially with gas prices going around 5.75$ on average per gallon in California.

Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.