Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Got an FCAR booked at SFO this Saturday - any idea on whats prevalent at the moment?

May look to upgrade to convertible or similar but depends how much per day they offer
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
How is the PCAR Fleet in SFO looking at the moment?

I will arrive on Friday evening in 2 weeks and i am wondering if there are still 2014 Impalas or rather 2017 Maximas in their Fleet.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:34 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I picked up from the SFO Ultimate Choice/PC area last night.

98% of the choices were standard Full Size selections - with the Camry, Sonata, and Malibu well represented. Looked like a standard Emerald Aisle (National) with nothing particularly nice or well-equipped.

There were three (3) cars of any interest in the entire section, which was full: a brand new Kia Optima Hybrid, a Volvo V60, and a Mercedes SLK. Would have taken the SLK, but there not enough trunk space for anything other than a soft bag. I asked a lot employee if there was any way to get a different convertible (i.e., Camaro, Mustang) or another premium-type vehicle with a larger trunk and was told no. Very strange to me that I got so much pushback when another SLK was being offered for a hefty upcharge in the "upgrade" area and there were plenty of other cars (i.e., Infiniti Q50, Mercedes C300) being offered for less than that. I was told I'd have to pay the upgrade fee to get one of those, which did not make any sense.

I took the V60.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:57 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM

I picked up from the SFO Ultimate Choice/PC area Sunday night.

98% of the choices were standard Full Size selections - with the Camry, Sonata, and Malibu well represented. Looked like a standard Emerald Aisle (National) with nothing particularly nice or well-equipped.

There were three (3) cars of any interest in the entire section, which was full: a brand new Kia Optima Hybrid, a Volvo V60, and a Mercedes SLK. Would have taken the SLK, but there not enough trunk space for anything other than a soft bag. I asked a lot employee if there was any way to get a different convertible (i.e., Camaro, Mustang) or another premium-type vehicle with a larger trunk and was told no. Very strange to me that I got so much pushback when another SLK was being offered for a hefty upcharge in the "upgrade" area and there were plenty of other cars (i.e., Infiniti Q50, Mercedes C300) being offered for less than that. I was told I'd have to pay the upgrade fee to get one of those, which did not make any sense.

I took the V60.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by dwbf11
I picked up from the SFO Ultimate Choice/PC area Sunday night.

I took the V60.
Wow, SLK/V60 are both generous options!

The $25 PC upgrade is a pretty good deal regardless. Excited to see what all the new locations will have opening up later this month and in the summer! Will stop booking prestige and save some money by taking a free pick from PC or pay the cheap $25 upgrade. Really makes having PC status worth it for me. Instant $10 savings for upgrade and much better pickings.

So far, really liking this change. Gold Choice or whatever was uselses and I NEVER used this as the selections were awful.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
890miles on it. SFO-MRY 1 way rental. I did book a Convertible. At 36h before pick up I went to adjust my reservation to extend the time I originally was in a Premium but it was actually $15 cheaper to get the convertible so I thought it would be a fun drive.
At SFO the car was in the last aisle of the general section.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, TK*G, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, etc
Picked up an SLK250 (2-seater mercedes convertible, G6 class) at SFO from the PC aisle Friday April 14th for a week rental.

What an awesome car
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by idlingbye
Picked up an SLK250 (2-seater mercedes convertible, G6 class) at SFO from the PC aisle Friday April 14th for a week rental.

What an awesome car
That's an excellent PC result! It is _really_ small, though (one rollaboard in the trunk, at most).
Old May 9, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848810-consolidated-renting-s

PC section at SFO yesterday afternoon had 10 Mustang convertibles, 3 Mercedes SUVs, a 300, some kind of Ford Hybrid and a Q50 3.0t, which I took.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Savage25
PC section at SFO yesterday afternoon had 10 Mustang convertibles, 3 Mercedes SUVs, a 300, some kind of Ford Hybrid and a Q50 3.0t, which I took.
Did you happen to notice if any of the Mustangs were 5.0, or GT if you looked at the back opposed to the fender? Just wondering if Hertz received any in their fleet.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
SFO last week, plenty of options for PC.. several A4's, Infiniti's, and even 2 Jag's. I took an A4 for the week. Not sure I would recommend the Audi's for everyone, but I drive an Audi and am used to the infotainment system. Others might find it not intuitive in a few days.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Did you happen to notice if any of the Mustangs were 5.0, or GT if you looked at the back opposed to the fender? Just wondering if Hertz received any in their fleet.
Sorry, I didn't check. I needed the trunk space so just ignored all the convertibles this time.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold PC, AAdvantage Platinum, United Premier 1K, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
All the convertibles are V6s. I've seen a few Mustang GTs at SAN, all were hardtops, quite well equipped, and new.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks. I was just asking as I personally haven't seen any 5.0s in the Hertz fleet.

I'd only seen the 5.0 GT in Convertible with National.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Got a new (~1300 mi) Jaguar XE at SFO from Ultimate Choice this week. A few XTS and S60s were on offer as well, plus a mix of the usual Camrys/Altimas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.