Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:43 pm

Picked up PC from SFO on 12/8 in the mid morning. Was able to snag a Mercedes SLC. There was also A Jaguar, Infiniti sedans and sUV, and the normal cars. All in all a great selection. I’d definitely choose hertz over national now.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Picked up a car last week Saturday evening around 7pm. Nothing too interesting except about 3 Q50s and one 300C. Picked one of the Q50s, great car to drive.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Wasn't at all impressed by PC selection on Friday afternoon 12/15. I walked around for a while. There was a Q50 that was taken. A bunch of KIA SUVs and Nissan cars... on my second walkabout, they had just brought up a Mercedes CLA so I took that...it has 25k miles and seems in need of maintenance.

LAS has had far and away the best ultimate choice selection IMO.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
12/22 around 1:30 pm

PC had the usual full size cars. Notables - 1x 300, 2x Q60.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:42 pm

Can anyone comment on the selection in the Gold Plus area recently? I have an SCAR booked for a weekend in January, with a late flight (10pm-ish arrival). Last time I was there at that time (June), I got to choose between a Corolla with a check engine light on, and a Hyundai Elantra in a very low trim (with an ICAR booked).
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:59 am

Picked up tonight Friday 1/12 around 11 pm. Fully stocked PC section and it looks like Hertz got a lot of new cars for the new year. Most of them were new Camrys and Avalons, but some interesting things I've never seen before were also in PC like a few Subaru Legacy sedans and a base Honda Civic (weird because Honda doesn't sell to fleets). A few nice cars - 1x Buick Lacrosse, 3x Infiniti Q50, 1x Infiniti Q60, 2x Infiniti Q70. The Q50s and Q70s were brand new, about a month old!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by berkeleysquirrel
Picked up tonight Friday 1/12 around 11 pm.
I was there about 2 hours after you, and the story was similar. 3 or 4 Legacy's, 4 Infiniti Q70 (but no Q50), one Q60 AWD (which I took), and a good range of other vehicles.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
I was there on Saturday 1/6 morning and the selection was pick your color Q50/New Camry/Legacy

Regular gold and five star section was so packed that they started parking cars on the driveway and a lot of cars were inaccessible.

There were a total of about 100+ new camrys and legacy when I was there.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by berkeleysquirrel
Picked up tonight Friday 1/12 around 11 pm. Fully stocked PC section and it looks like Hertz got a lot of new cars for the new year. Most of them were new Camrys and Avalons, but some interesting things I've never seen before were also in PC like a few Subaru Legacy sedans and a base Honda Civic (weird because Honda doesn't sell to fleets). A few nice cars - 1x Buick Lacrosse, 3x Infiniti Q50, 1x Infiniti Q60, 2x Infiniti Q70. The Q50s and Q70s were brand new, about a month old!
I was picking up at the Gold section around the same time. Pick your color Sonata (didn't catch the trim) or Camry SE, with a few Elantras, Optimas, Cruzes, and Malibus thrown in for seasoning. I went Camry but wish I had at least looked at a Sonata in hindsight.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:03 am

1/18 (Thursday) evening at 8PM, PC lot was pretty much full and had the following:

Pick your color new camry
Pick your color Subaru Legacy
pick your color Avalon
3 x altimas
3 x large KIA SUV
1 x Caravan
1 x Q50 3.0T
1 x Q50 2.0T

Went with the Q50 3.0T
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Hertz- President Circle, Avis - Preferred Plus
1/26 (Friday) evening around 7. PC lot was average. Have had much better luck early in the morning or late at night. Anyways they had:

- Multiple 2018 Camry LE
- 3x Avalon
- 2x Q50 (2.0t as well as 3.0t, some AWD)
- 2x Q60 (3.0t as well as a 3.0t sport with some fancy interior additions but no extra power)
- 2x Maxima (SV trim)
- 3x Rogue AWD
- Multiple 300s
- 2x charger R/T (now with backup camera and nice leather seats)
- One lone CLA250 which looked like death

Ended up taking an Avalon (decent car actually). Would have taken a maxima but both smelled terribly of cigarette smoke
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:01 pm

Good selection on a Sunday morning, with plenty of Premium cars, several Chrysler 300C and Infinitis. Ended up choosing a Jaguar XE, which I hadn't driven before and was also in the PC aisle.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Friday noon time, the selection was pretty disappointing. No SUVs, not even a minivan. The best choices were 3x Chrysler 300S and one Jaguar XF in the PC section.

I ended up paying for an upgrade to a brand new Chevrolet Suburban.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Jan 27, president's circle at SFO:
Quite a decent selection of cars, the notable exceptions to the boring Camry's, Sonatas and Impalas were a couple of SUV's (one of them Ford Explorer), Mercedes CLA, Jaguar XF (although on rather thick tires - so handling would be mediocre), 1 infinity Q50, 1 well-equipped Chrysler 300C (which I took for a one-way to Vegas).
No Mustangs / Camaros, other than a basic Camaro Coupe that was eligible for a premium upgrade
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:54 am

"on rather thick tyres" - what on earth does this mean? wide tyres? high profile?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.