Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
4-5 times over a ‘few years’ falls into highly uncommon in my book. I’ve never seen one in PC at any Hertz UC location. YMMV.
Surely that would depend on how many times I've rented from SFO, right? If I've been there 6 times in that 'few years', then that's obviously not at all uncommon...
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by docbert
Surely that would depend on how many times I've rented from SFO, right? If I've been there 6 times in that 'few years', then that's obviously not at all uncommon...
That would have been great information to include originally, though convenient now.

Let’s let this thread get back on topic, please.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Lot was pretty full today with almost any car imaginable. Got a black Honda Civic with 8k miles. Base trim with Honda sensing.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
PC was full at 5:00pm today

Dodge Chargers and Challengers
Multiple Chrysler 300S
Mustangs
2 Cadillac XTS
A few Impalas
An Infinity QX60 (I took this. 2020 model with 755 miles)
Infinity QX80

2 VW Atlas (one was SE V6)
Yukon
Kia SUV
Ford Escape Titanium

Several RAM P/U including a Heavy Duty 6.4L 2500 Hemi
srh007 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:56 am

Hi car rental experts,

What is the average equipment like on the Tahoe/Yukon cars rented at SFO or in general? Leather (or fake leather) or cloth upholstery?

Would appreciate any tip/trick.

P.S. if this is posted in the wrong section, please let me know.

Cheers,

Peculari

Last edited by Peculari; Feb 15, 2020 at 6:36 am Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location; changed question to general FFAR spec of car
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Peculari
Hi car rental experts,

What is the average equipment like on the Tahoe/Yukon cars rented at SFO or in general? Leather (or fake leather) or cloth upholstery?

Would appreciate any tip/trick.

P.S. if this is posted in the wrong section, please let me know.

Cheers,

Peculari
Tahoe’s are used my vehicle of choice when in the PC lot. I’ve ever only seen the LT trim which comes with Leather seats.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Peculari
Across the entire US Hertz fleet, AFAIK, Tahoe will be LT trim and Yukon will be SLT, which are pretty similar. All leather + heated seats, Android Auto/CarPlay infotainment, etc. The Yukons are a little nicer as they have keyless entry, cooled seats, power rear seat fold-down, etc.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by ChristopherJN
Tahoe’s are used my vehicle of choice when in the PC lot. I’ve ever only seen the LT trim which comes with Leather seats.
Originally Posted by missingcolours
Across the entire US Hertz fleet, AFAIK, Tahoe will be LT trim and Yukon will be SLT, which are pretty similar. All leather + heated seats, Android Auto/CarPlay infotainment, etc. The Yukons are a little nicer as they have keyless entry, cooled seats, power rear seat fold-down, etc.
Thank you both. That gives me peace of mind. Greatly appreciated
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Siepie250
Alright, I'll be getting it from SFO on the 24th around 1 PM so I'll just have a look then and see what is available and hope for the best.

I asked them if they could provide a mustang and they added it to the reservation so really wondering if that will help. Regardless I'll have a good time anyway.
Thanks for the good anwsers!
Hey @Siepie250,

Can we hear how you got on with your reservation D2 and wanting to see what PC had?

I am in a similar situation - and also renting from SFO in April. Only thing different is that I am a little older and age will not be an issue.

Thanks.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 24, 2020 at 5:36 am Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location
Old May 10, 2020, 8:54 pm

SFO PC was full of SUVs/crossovers. Not a lot of lux brands, couldn't tell their age, but didn't seem to be super old since all the plates started with 8.

Anyone else been to SFO recently and can chime in? Trying to figure out what their UC selection is like these days.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:29 pm

Standouts from PC last night: 4x 4-cylinder Mustang hardtops, 1x Chrysler 300S AWD.
Upgrade area included a Buick (LOL!), a BMW 2-series vert, a Mustang ecoboost vert, Mustang GT hardtop.
Looks like they've rly downgraded their PC offerings in the pandemic, now anything with a v8 or convertible you have to pay for an upgrade.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:42 pm

SFO PC today was full of Malibus and Altimas, one Chrysler 300S. No v8s, sports coupes, or verts.
They had a Charger R/T (class F6) up front where they usually have the Hendrick Camaros, as an upgrade lol.
They had some 2019 Challenger R/T's in the Reserved stalls, but the v8 muscle cars (class V4) aren't bookable online so I don't know who reserved those or how.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 1:18 am

Walked through today after dropping off, was actually not bad. Gold and 5* were small SUV and Malibu land but PC had some nice stuff

2x Mustang GT
Camaro SS
QX60
Chevy Blazer
Couple Pacificas
Couple Ram pickups
Ordpc and Explorer520 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 7:49 am

Never seen a better Presidential Choice lane!

Friday at 5pm.

BMW 5 Series
BMW 2 Series Convertible
Mustang Convertible
Audi A4
Altima.
Camaro.

I picked the 2 series - was fun.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 5:57 am

Any update on what to expect as far as choice in the 5* lane these days?

Arriving next Wednesday 5pm...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.