Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Shawn S
Any update on what to expect as far as choice in the 5* lane these days?

Arriving next Wednesday 5pm...
It was pretty standard generic fare when I was there a few weeks ago, late Friday morning. Altima, Sonata, maybe a Dodge Journey or Nissan Rogue. I think there were a few minivans that day as well.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by missingcolours
It was pretty standard generic fare when I was there a few weeks ago, late Friday morning. Altima, Sonata, maybe a Dodge Journey or Nissan Rogue. I think there were a few minivans that day as well.
Thanks for the info. Trying to get a last minute status match to PC. Hopefully it works and they process it in time.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Walked by PC and saw an X3, 2x SLK300, and a convertible.

3pm at 12/26.
anteater and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:25 pm

Newbie Question

I’m renting a (C) class Medium Sedan next Sunday. Was hoping with Gold Plus I can choose a car with a 60-40 split back seat to hold my snowboard bag in the back. Anyone know if I’ll have any problems with this? Also any does SFO hold any Imprezas or Mazda 5’s?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:26 pm

I had multiple rentals over the last 3 month at SFO. Overall good experience, better selection comparing to National.
My peeks from PC aisle:
BMW 530i (2020 used, only convenience package)
Mazda CX-9 (brand new and loaded, Grand Touring trim)
Infinity QX60 (the only other car on the PC lot was a lone Cherokee)
Mercedes A220 (ok-ish small car)

and one week they had no reasonably good cars, they have no dedicated premium upgrade aisle anymore, but gold counter allowed me to get pretty much any car for $25/day. Got F-Pace.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:22 pm

Easter Weekend

#Charger R/T and Mazda SUV

# Challenger R/T

#and 1 Range Rover Evoque and a few Buicks Encore on the other side of lot

#Mustang GT and Challenger R/T

#Base Mustang
jizen, Kore and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:55 am

Does SFO not carry any more new (992) 911? I haven't seen it in last few posts and last time I flew in there wasn't one up front.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by DCtoLA
Does SFO not carry any more new (992) 911? I haven't seen it in last few posts and last time I flew in there wasn't one up front.
I know SJC has the 911.
DCtoLA likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
I know SJC has the 911.
Good to know, thanks! I haven't been able to rent one via the reservation at all. Guess I'll take my chances to get an upgrade.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
So, Im a little bit at a loss here - but in a good way. Doing the family trip for the last week of June and as everyone knows, regular rates are astronomical. Looking at $500 for 5 days. Searching through a couple of search engines, I found a -deal- (Manager's special) for $145 for the 5 days. I've checked the Hertz booking number and it is confirmed as a valid number and rate. Is Hertz actually going to honor this rate??? Am I going to get a box truck as my rental? I'm Hertz Gold Plus for what ever that is worth.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
So, Im a little bit at a loss here - but in a good way. Doing the family trip for the last week of June and as everyone knows, regular rates are astronomical. Looking at $500 for 5 days. Searching through a couple of search engines, I found a -deal- (Manager's special) for $145 for the 5 days. I've checked the Hertz booking number and it is confirmed as a valid number and rate. Is Hertz actually going to honor this rate??? Am I going to get a box truck as my rental? I'm Hertz Gold Plus for what ever that is worth.
As long as you can pull up the reservation on Hertz's site I would expect them to honor it. $29/day may be very low for a busy time but it isn't a crazy low rate in general.
I imagine most likely you'd get something like a Kia Soul or Hyundai Elantra, with a lesser chance of getting anything else under the sun (small SUV, pickup truck, minivan, whatever they have a surplus of).
Old Apr 24, 2021, 2:28 am

Programs: BA, Hertz, Qantas
Hi all, new here and been reading through the thread as I have a rental towards the end of May for 10 days (Medium Elite Sedan, P4) for $640 total through my Amex. I'm thinking that will be a 3 or 4 series BMW?
However, I have been reading a few articles that Hertz have been failing to meet customers reservations due to high demand and limited stock - is there any truth in that?

TIA
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Sam Lever
Hi all, new here and been reading through the thread as I have a rental towards the end of May for 10 days (Medium Elite Sedan, P4) for $640 total through my Amex. I'm thinking that will be a 3 or 4 series BMW?
However, I have been reading a few articles that Hertz have been failing to meet customers reservations due to high demand and limited stock - is there any truth in that?

TIA
The “luxury” vehicles are rarer these days since Hertz sold off most of them. Many of the Mercedes are off-market while they await recall repairs too. I wouldn’t count on a BMW, but you may luck out. I believe the 4 Series is more common in the CA fleet than the 3 series. Also, many locations are putting what remains of the “luxury” vehicles into the Premium Upgrade section whereas 1 year ago they would always be available in PC.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Sam Lever

TIA
You might get an older bmw or it will likely be CT4/5 as I know hertz had ordered a large fleet of them which are due to arrive anytime now.
Auto Enthusiast and anteater like this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold (Thanks Amex)
Anybody been here recently? Need to rent a something with 6 or more seats for the weekend and hoping they will have what I need in the PC aisle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.