Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 3:39 pm

Near the top of this thread, it was noted that 1) you may get lower rates at www.aaa.com/hertz than at hertz.com even if you added a AAA CDP, and 2) you shouldn't enter you #1 Gold number at the aaa.com site because that would wipe out the AAA CDP unless you manually entered back in.

Is that still true? Is there a reason to use aaa.com vs hertz.com?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by EWR-6785
Near the top of this thread, it was noted that 1) you may get lower rates at www.aaa.com/hertz than at hertz.com even if you added a AAA CDP, and 2) you shouldn't enter you #1 Gold number at the aaa.com site because that would wipe out the AAA CDP unless you manually entered back in.

Thanks
Don't you have to enter the #1 Gold number on the AAA.com website in order to have the reservation show up under your account online?

I've been adding the gold number on AAA.com, seems ok...
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:07 pm

Any coupons for premium vehicles?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:39 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Thanks
This sounds strange. Your #1 Club ID should not wipe out the AAA CDP, even if you have a default CDP in your #1 Club account.

Additionally, I've never seen an instance where AAA.com gives a lower rate than Hertz, except when you book a non-airport rental for a drop on a Sunday (when the local office is closed). Hertz.com is smart enough to know this and will price it based on a Monday drop (when the car gets checked back in), but on 3rd party sites, it assumes (and prices it) as a Sunday drop. If you then go bring up the reservation at Hertz.com, it shows a higher rate.

Anyway, there's no real reason to book at AAA vs. Hertz. Just use CDP 1805452 at Hertz.com for the exact same discount. Even better, use that CDP at AutoSlash.com and we'll automatically figure out the best PC code to pair with the AAA discount and track the rate, re-booking you if the price goes down.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Any coupons for premium vehicles?
It depends on what you mean by "premium". The standard coupons all work on a Premium Car (PCAR or the next model up from a Full Size car). If you're talking about higher class vehicles, then it's Hertz's Prestige Collection. For those, you can use Hertz PC 161431.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Thanks
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
This sounds strange. Your #1 Club ID should not wipe out the AAA CDP, even if you have a default CDP in your #1 Club account.

Additionally, I've never seen an instance where AAA.com gives a lower rate than Hertz, except when you book a non-airport rental for a drop on a Sunday (when the local office is closed). Hertz.com is smart enough to know this and will price it based on a Monday drop (when the car gets checked back in), but on 3rd party sites, it assumes (and prices it) as a Sunday drop. If you then go bring up the reservation at Hertz.com, it shows a higher rate.

Anyway, there's no real reason to book at AAA vs. Hertz. Just use CDP 1805452 at Hertz.com for the exact same discount. Even better, use that CDP at AutoSlash.com and we'll automatically figure out the best PC code to pair with the AAA discount and track the rate, re-booking you if the price goes down.
I have definitely had an instance where booking thru aaa.com led to a cheaper rate than booking thru Hertz directly using the So Cal AAA CDP (4). This was an airport rental with no trickery.

However, I can't say that it was recent (some time in the past year though)
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:19 pm

It depends on what you mean by "premium". The standard coupons all work on a Premium Car (PCAR or the next model up from a Full Size car). If you're talking about higher class vehicles, then it's Hertz's Prestige Collection. For those, you can use Hertz PC 161431.
Sorry, I was referring to PCAR vehicles. I was under the impression that codes like 163623 only applied up to FCAR.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Sorry, I was referring to PCAR vehicles. I was under the impression that codes like 163623 only applied up to FCAR.
Actually you're right. I stand corrected -- 163623 doesn't include PCAR. You can try this one though if it's a Jan rental.

If not, PM me the details of your rental and I'll see what I can do for you.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Jan 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:58 pm

Actually you're right. I stand corrected -- 163623 don't include PCAR. You can try this one though if it's a Jan rental.

If not, PM me the details of your rental and I'll see what I can do for you.
Thanks AutoSlash, good find! ^
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by catamaran
Found one good till 3/31/12

161416 good for $ 50 off monthly
I'm looking for a 2 month rental also and the only one I found is the same as yours; i.e. $50 for a monthly rental.

For comparison, I modified it to a weekly rental using the PC 163623 for $10 per day/max $50 off per week with AAA discount and it brought the rate down to $110/week whereas the monthly rate equivalent rental is around $200/week. I hate the idea of paying twice the rate but also don't want to go back to the Hertz office weekly.

Has anyone tried doing a weekly rental and work out something with the rental mgr. so you can get the weekly rate applied to all rental weeks in succession?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by firstclass
Has anyone tried doing a weekly rental and work out something with the rental mgr. so you can get the weekly rate applied to all rental weeks in succession?
This is generally not possible. They are not going to to override corporate's pricing systems unless there is a really good reason to do so. My recommendation is to find the best coupon you can and then work on finding a good CDP to pair with it. Check all the usual suspects like AAA, USAA and the various FF program CDP codes (generally all the FF progr codes provide the exact same disc but at least try one). Also check any corporate CDP's you may be eligible for. Sometimes they can drop the rate drastically.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I have definitely had an instance where booking thru aaa.com led to a cheaper rate than booking thru Hertz directly using the So Cal AAA CDP (4). This was an airport rental with no trickery.

However, I can't say that it was recent (some time in the past year though)
I discovered the AAA site to book through for the last trip to SAN in September, and it was about $80 per week less for midsize through full size, as opposed to entering the CDP at Hertz's site. I also have just used it to peliminarily book OGG for 9 days, and its saved $96 vs the Hertz site with CDP.

On the invoice summary section after you select the car and add ons etc, its called "official (your aaa (in my case caa) club) travel". Its not called that using the CDP through the Hertz site, it just states how much your discount is for the CDP.

Of course after booking through the aaa site, you can then go in and log into the Hertz site and view it, and add any PC codes there (I tried adding a PC code at aaa site, predictably it also comes through on the Hertz site), or you can add/use Gold points rewards at that point.

I have the standard car reservation at OGG, just contemplating using 500 points for a double upgrade to premium (depending on what is premium at OGG) or, points to take 3 weekend days off, which would drop the total down another $100 to a low $276 all in for 9 days for a standard.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by mryyc
I have the standard car reservation at OGG, just contemplating using 500 points for a double upgrade to premium (depending on what is premium at OGG) or, points to take 3 weekend days off, which would drop the total down another $100 to a low $276 all in for 9 days for a standard.
How do you do this?

I haven't been able to do it because I always use a PC, and since points rewards also use PCs I have never been able to also use free days in the same rental.

I always end up having to make 2 separate reservations, and return to the location to renew my contract.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Forgive me, I am very new to Hertz Gold program and how to get discounts to work.

I am trying to rent a car with Hertz in El Calafate airport in Argentina in February. The rate is $88 per day plus tax, with one type of car available. Are there any discount codes or promotional coupons I can use to lower the rate? I tried my USAA code but it said that location was not eligible for some reason...

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Forgive me, I am very new to Hertz Gold program and how to get discounts to work.

I am trying to rent a car with Hertz in El Calafate airport in Argentina in February. The rate is $88 per day plus tax, with one type of car available. Are there any discount codes or promotional coupons I can use to lower the rate? I tried my USAA code but it said that location was not eligible for some reason...

Thanks!
Discounts don't work at all locations. In some cases, the local manager will block certain or all discount codes. The two I recommend trying are AAA (CDP: 1805452) and one of the frequent flyer program discount codes (CDP: 62455) (all the FF programs seem to provide the same discount level). Those are two that seem to consistently provide discounts for international rentals.

Additionally, there's the Hertz Global Sale going on right now (CDP: 754910). Definitely worth trying that one as well.

If not of the 3 mentioned work, then you're most likely out of luck in this particular location. If you choose AA or a FF prog, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.