Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 8:36 am

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the points from the bonus points coupons (for example the birthday bonus 300 points)? I just used one and received the points from the rental, but not the coupon and wondered how long I should wait before calling to see why they have not yet been credited.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, WN CP & A-List P
Originally Posted by goldrush3
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the points from the bonus points coupons (for example the birthday bonus 300 points)? I just used one and received the points from the rental, but not the coupon and wondered how long I should wait before calling to see why they have not yet been credited.
Haven't seen a birthday bonus code posted in quite awhile - (whoever's got one, please post it).

I've used that bonus in the past and the points (for me) have always posted promptly after return. I'd say give it no more than a week then give them a call.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:36 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
The birthday bonus codes have shorter durations now or seem to. For ex mine issued in Feb I think expired April 30. Although I was also issued an "anniversary bonus" code which works the same way. This seems to be at the anniversary of your Gold signup.

I haven't ended up using them recently. Either I don't rent F or I debate the merits of that PC vs the $$ off ones I could find and go with the latter (or both). Or I'm renting a midweek daily which doesn't work.

EDIT: My birthday bonus was issued in late Jan and expired March 31! Anniversary issued in March and expired May 31.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, WN CP & A-List P
Originally Posted by CrazyOne
The birthday bonus codes have shorter durations now or seem to. For ex mine issued in Feb I think expired April 30. Although I was also issued an "anniversary bonus" code which works the same way. This seems to be at the anniversary of your Gold signup.

I haven't ended up using them recently. Either I don't rent F or I debate the merits of that PC vs the $$ off ones I could find and go with the latter (or both). Or I'm renting a midweek daily which doesn't work.

EDIT: My birthday bonus was issued in late Jan and expired March 31! Anniversary issued in March and expired May 31.
Odd....I've never in my 15+years using Hertz received a birthday or anniversary bonus code? Part of the reason why I don't mind using others!!
Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by nitro
Odd....I've never in my 15+years using Hertz received a birthday or anniversary bonus code? Part of the reason why I don't mind using others!!
They come by email, so you have to be set to receive those. But assuming you are already set that way not sure why you wouldn't receive them.

Anyway, the anniversary thing was new this year from what I can remember, but the birthday codes used to be good for about half a year. Maybe that is why they did the anniversary bonus, to make up for cutting the validity of the birthday bonus.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:42 am

About the Gold Family CDP

Hi,
can anyone confirm that the Gold Family Discount Program CDP only applies to:

1) Gold family members only. But *not* the Gold member itself
2) USA Residents
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:57 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by mikkoc
Hi,
can anyone confirm that the Gold Family Discount Program CDP only applies to:

1) Gold family members only. But *not* the Gold member itself
2) USA Residents
Members themselves can use the discount. The discounts with Gold Family frankly are not very good. Unless you need to waive the underage fee, there are much better discounts available (and even then there are better options). Book with AutoSlash.com for better rates.

As for only being for US residents, why do you think that? If you go to the signup form at www.hertz.com/goldfamily you'll see that there is a dropdown for country.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:02 am

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am the Gold member, and I am underage

I've been told on the phone (by Italian Hertz) that the coupon is only for US residents.
And I was told by live chat support that it's only for family members...

My reservation currently has the CDP 1911795 which also waives the underage fee. But I read that some people were denied to use it because they didn't have corporate ID. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16471003-post99.html

Last edited by mikkoc; Jun 7, 2011 at 8:11 am
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: *A, Hertz Plt, IC RA, SPG Gold, MR Plt
Originally Posted by AAlton
I tried to use CDP: 1911795 and the manager took it off since I didn't have my corporate ID on me. The vehicle is to be returned tomorrow, should I try to put it back on when I return it?
I have never heard of that. Which station is this? No ID is ever need for that, I say put it back on.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:23 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by UpgradedFirst
Feel free to call them. CDP 1911795 does include LDW.
Im sorry if this has been covered before but I cant seem to find it on this thread.... is a corporate ID required to use this CDP code...???

Thanks
Gaucho100K
Old Jun 13, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
anyone know of a discount code that can beat the amex platinum rate, for rome airport (fco) for august??? thanks in advance.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: M&M: SEN, SPG & PC Platinum, HHilton: Gold, Avis: Presidents Club
Originally Posted by UpgradedFirst
I have never heard of that. Which station is this? No ID is ever need for that, I say put it back on.
@Palermo Airport last September I had to show my company badge or business card to get my company's CDP
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Im sorry if this has been covered before but I cant seem to find it on this thread.... is a corporate ID required to use this CDP code...???

Thanks
Gaucho100K

Did you ever find out any answers?

Thanks
Woody
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:44 pm

discounts

Any good coupons? for n.y.s. for month of August? Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Any for IND 8/26-29, I'm 21 if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.