Reload this Page >

Consolidated HNL/Honolulu/Waikiki/Oahu Restaurants & Bars Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note: This is an ARCHIVE (read-only) thread; the active thread for this topic may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2070868-consolidated-hnl-honolulu-waikiki-oahu-restaurants-bars-thread-2021-a.html

Mahalo,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii (Travel) Forum
Print Wikipost

Consolidated HNL/Honolulu/Waikiki/Oahu Restaurants & Bars Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Roy's was a block from Trump Tower where we stayed last year. Iirc across from Moana Surfer Rider or Halekulani's central Waikiki. Funny, I'm on Kauai and my friend texts me there's a Roy's on Kauai near Lihue/Koloa. So we've dined at the Roy's at Kings Shops on Big island and driven past the Roy's near Kapulua Maui. So Roy's on 4 Islands (Maui, Kauai, Big Island and Oahu).

Must do if you have young kids is character breakfasts at Disney Aulani Hotel Makahiki's. Great selection of buffet breakfast with Asian/dim sum dishes which I regard as lunch items. If you're staying at Aulani, you may book ahead reservations. For the public, reservations can only be made the day before (according to the phone agent I was speaking to). Character breakfasts are every day except Mondays. Entertainment includes characters visiting the table and Hawaiian singers and entertainers. Not to mention a picture with Mickey ( or other characters subject to availability) prior to sitting down, a professional picture purchase optional. A taste of Aloha Disney style.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Aug 2, 2013 at 12:39 am
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Must do if you have young kids is character breakfasts at Disney Aulani Hotel Makahiki's. Great selection of buffet breakfast with Asian/dim sum dishes which I regard as lunch items. If you're staying at Aulani, you may book ahead reservations. For the public, reservations can only be made the day before (according to the phone agent I was speaking to). Character breakfasts are every day except Mondays. Entertainment includes characters visiting the table and Hawaiian singers and entertainers. Not to mention a picture with Mickey ( or other characters subject to availability) prior to sitting down, a professional picture purchase optional. A taste of Aloha Disney style.
How's the price on that? Did a night and spa day with the Mrs shortly after opening, and now I can't hear Aulani without a compelling urge to check my pockets!
Old Aug 3, 2013, 1:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by saacman5033
How's the price on that? Did a night and spa day with the Mrs shortly after opening, and now I can't hear Aulani without a compelling urge to check my pockets!
No more than a typical character meal at Disney Parks. Say mid 30s for adults and $20 per child. True it's ka-ching but hey it's Disney and everything is ka-ching. We are doing 5 nights in a one bedroom villa end of August. I could have saved a thousand bucks getting a single small room accommodation, but space is important when travelling for us. This trip around is 45 days and Aulani will be the finale.

We did the Makahini last year without staying and it was a first class experience. Plus dining at the resort allows to hang out a bit at Aulani. The kids love it, and makes for a more memorable vacation.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just finished a 9 night stay in Waikiki and want to put in a plug for the "Ocean House" at the Outrigger Reef Hotel. It was so nice we went back 3 times. Nice location, good service and delicious food at "somewhat" reasonable prices. Also ate at Azure, Chart House and Veranda. Azure was fantastic but prices were high, Veranda was OK food wise but a lovely location in the courtyard of the Moana. Chart House is one of my all time favorites and is similar to Ocean House without the Waikiki beach location.

Waikiki offers an abundance of food choices, from cheap to super expensive, which is why I love visiting there so much!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone eaten at Park?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Has anyone eaten at Park?
At the Lotus...?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, at the Lotus, we gave it a try without feedback and while we really liked it, it was dead, so not sure it is going to make it...
Old Jan 18, 2014, 4:05 am

Yes, at the Lotus, we gave it a try without feedback and while we really liked it, it was dead, so not sure it is going to make it...
They have a new F&B Manager there. Real good dude trying to do the right thing.

Not sure when you were there, but happy hour is picking up with the specials they are offering.....

I spent New Year's Eve there with about 30 folks that normally would go elsewhere but got ticked at the prices they were charging so we went to the Park. Food was great, they didn't kill us on prices, and the band they chose was exceptional. They played straight thru from 8:30 to 12:30.

I do hope they can get something going there as it gives me other places in my 'hood to go to....
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, we thought the food was very good and by far the most reasonable price we paid while on Oahu. We were there Jan 6 for dinner, a Monday, post holidays.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:38 am

Yes, we thought the food was very good and by far the most reasonable price we paid while on Oahu. We were there Jan 6 for dinner, a Monday, post holidays.
Not sure if you were there for happy hour as well but they apparently have a new happy hour thing going with good prices on drinks and some really good prices on pu-pu platters....

I'm going to go visit this week....
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Restaurants near HNL

I'll have a 4hr layover in HNL from OGG on HA before I take a redeye (UA to EWR) and I'd like to find somewhere to get a nice dinner. Outside the airport should be fine as long as it's close enough. This will be a sunday afternoon.

I figure I'll get off the plane with my bags and check them in. That should take maybe 30min. Then I figure I should try to get back to the airport at minimum 45min before my flight. I have GE so I should get TSA pre.

So that leaves maybe 2.5 to take a taxi/bus to a restaurant. I may take a slightly earlier HA flight and get myself another 30min.

If there's really nothing close enough to the airport, then can anyone recommend a restaurant in the airport? I can always kill time in the UA lounge too.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
The closest "good" restaurant is Nico's Pier 38, which won the 2014 "Best Seafood Restaurant" award:

http://www.nicospier38.com/

http://bit.ly/1jJcYv6

While it is not my favorite, it is very popular.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by 747FC
The closest "good" restaurant is Nico's Pier 38, which won the 2014 "Best Seafood Restaurant" award:

http://www.nicospier38.com/

http://bit.ly/1jJcYv6

While it is not my favorite, it is very popular.
I'd recommend Nicos too. There's Kona Brewing Co and a new sushi place in the terminal, but our experiences have only been slow service and overpriced mediocre food. HNL does not win the award for good food.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Thanks, looks like there's even a bus that goes there incase I don't want to take a taxi
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is a strip mall just off the property which has a few options in it. Nothing spectacular but there is a L&L, a sushi place, pizza, Jamba Juice and a starbucks IIRC. Walk out of baggage claim, turn right, follow the sidewalk as the road curves left. Cross Aolele Street and Ualena Street and it will be on the left. I've walked it several times and made it out and back, including eating, in under 60 minutes.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L+...998c2efb54da20

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.