Reload this Page >

Consolidated HNL/Honolulu/Waikiki/Oahu Restaurants & Bars Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note: This is an ARCHIVE (read-only) thread; the active thread for this topic may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2070868-consolidated-hnl-honolulu-waikiki-oahu-restaurants-bars-thread-2021-a.html

Mahalo,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii (Travel) Forum
Print Wikipost

Consolidated HNL/Honolulu/Waikiki/Oahu Restaurants & Bars Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by 1st Cav Vet
Very fine starting list. Oahu has many more fine restaurants/events. One of my favorites is the Chart House fronting the Marina next to Ilikaii Hotel. Try to get a table on outside deck facing boats.
Many suggestions in local daily newspaper-Star Advertiser.
1st Cav Vet: 1st, thanks for your service!! I will certainly be going back. I will be checking out the Chart House for sure. Any suggestions for the specialty of the house?

Originally Posted by davtel
I'm laying on waimea bay beach as I write this!!!
Will check one of those out for dinner tonight. Was just wondering what I was going to eat! Thanks!!
Let us know where you went, what you got, and what you thought. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by cliburn
Agree with you on Marukame Udon. Pretty authentic and reasonable.
Authentic alright. There was something about a 1200 year old recipe!

Originally Posted by txrus
Definitely off the beaten path, but well worth the trip (we thought, anyway)

JJ's Bistro & French Pastry

http://www.jjfrenchpastry.com/
WOW! Looks great! I'm thinking the four course meal special is in my future.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jan 27, 2013 at 10:38 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:38 pm

This time of the year, the Seafood Village, (high class Chinese in Waikiki) has one heck of a deal. Very good ten course lunch for $10.95/person, minimum 10 people. The food just keeps coming! Reservations required. Did it twice this year. One time we only had nine. No big deal, just pay for ten and of course take home the leftovers. Um! Um! Um! ^^
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:47 pm

The Ala Moana shopping magazine, available in a lot of street racks, etc., has 2 good two for one coupons for use in the food court. We just used the one for Little Cafe Siam and the food was very good. We will try Senor Pepe in the near future.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by gazoo_2
2. Nico’s Pier 38: Located at 1133 N Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu. I get the special every time. A little more difficult to find, but worth it. This is our lunch spot in transit from HNL to Waikiki. Flying from SF puts us there just at lunch hour and it is on the way (not too diffulcult to find and once you find it you will know how to get there).
8. Leonard’s Bakery: I’m sure the malasadas are cooked with a little bit of crack as they are SO addictive. A real classic. Worth the trip.
Would also suggest Sushi Sasabune . Expensive, but incredibly good. They keep serving you until you tell them you are finished. Best to do this with one more course to go.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:
Upscale restaurant in oahu

I am going to waikiki. Each time I visit there I give a gift card to a nice restaurant to someone I know who lives there. I have given several for the restaurants at the Halekulani but now I don't really know for sure any others that would be great except Hy's Steakhouse. Any suggestions? I am planning to spend betwee $150-200. It's a thank you.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:03 pm

Ruth's Chris?

Or something totally different, The Willows (buffet)

willowshawaii.com/

Last edited by KenfromDE; Mar 18, 2013 at 5:30 pm
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:19 pm

If you were thanking me, I wouldn't say no to Assaggio's
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by ontheway
I am going to waikiki. Each time I visit there I give a gift card to a nice restaurant to someone I know who lives there. I have given several for the restaurants at the Halekulani but now I don't really know for sure any others that would be great except Hy's Steakhouse. Any suggestions? I am planning to spend betwee $150-200. It's a thank you.
Alan Wong's (King St.) and Roy's (Lewers St. across from Halekulani and another location past Diamond Head) are two of our favs.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by davesam12
Alan Wong's (King St.) and Roy's (Lewers St. across from Halekulani and another location past Diamond Head) are two of our favs.
I would agree with both. ^
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:09 am
sjl

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ontheway
Heard good things about the New John Dominis - 53 By the Sea

http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Hono...53-By-The-Sea/
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Bar / Hang-Out Recommendations in Waikiki

On an upcoming Sunday night, I'll be hanging out with about 20-25 friends on Waikiki beach. Many of us are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village with the rest scattered in the resorts along the beach.

I've been tasked with finding a place where we can all hang out for 90-120 minutes or so to drink some beer / liquor. Perhaps munch on some light bites.

I know the Ali'i Tower at the HWV has a nice happy hour but after happy hour, I'd imagine hefty resort pricing comes out. (Although I would imagine everywhere around the beach has hefty resort pricing.)

Anyone have recommendations where this size of a group can hang out and chat and have a few drinks before heading out in the town?

I'm also considering Duke's, but not sure what my other options for a crowd this big would be.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Rumfire at the Sheraton Waikiki (great beach views w/ drinks and bar menu, popular/busy)
Sheraton Princess Kaiulani (no view but poolside drinks/menu, won't be that busy)
Outrigger Reef - (poolside bar and menu)
House Without a Key - Halekulani (heaven, but very expensive and posh and popular)
Westin Moana Surfrider - Banyan Beach Bar (view and drink bar menu. can be busy)
Monana Terrace at the Marriott Waikiki - (pool level terrace with views and drink and bar menu)
Dukes Terrace at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach (as you mentioned. popular and busy.)
Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian (fun, views, drinks and bar menu - but always busy)
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Denny's accross the street from Roy's is the best Denny's we've come accross for breakfast. For some reason the prices at this restaurant was lower than one other Denny's we were forced to eat at for supper when landing at KOA for our first night there last year.

Hawaiian Cultural Dinner show and luau is our best experience on the island of Oahu so far.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Whole Ox Deli: Apparently this place gets packed at lunch but at dinner we found it quite pleasant. Chose a table "outside" (it's open to the street anyway) and got to watch the planes coming in for Kona wind landing. The 21-day dry aged burger seems to get most of the raves on Yelp; it was fine, but we thought the roast chicken was the star of the evening. Veggie sides were good too. BYOB.
http://wholeoxdeli.com/
FYI for anyone thinking of going here; there's been a change of chefs at Whole Ox and the menu has shrunk and the prices went up, neither of which are well-received by the people I've been talking to.
Old May 11, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Food in Hawaii

I will be in Honolulu(Waikiki) at the beginning of June and im looking for some food recommendations. We are pretty open regarding price. Just looking for good food.

On yelp i saw a place Ono that looks good. Anyone been? I also noticed that on May 31st there is a food truck rally which sounds cool. Anyone know anything about the food truck scene? Any good hole in the walls?

We are open to venturing away from Waikiki if its worth it.

Thanks.

Last edited by njxbean; May 11, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.