Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Pre-Check at Hawaii Airports" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Everyone gets PreCheck

The other day, I was traveling HNL-OGG. After I was processed by the TSA ID checker, I joined a line of non-Trusted Travelers who were going through the WTMD. Asked a supervisor why everyone was going through the PreCheck line, to which she said "It is random."

And I thought us trusted travelers were "special."
Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Lihue

I forgot this thread was here and posted my experience in the United PreCheck thread. Since I can't cross-post, here's the link #206:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...2014-a-14.html
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
First class line @ OGG gone (Feb 2014)

Posted last month about the First Class line that was on the side away from the street/not visible from entrance. Well, found out last night that it is not longer there because "it was underutilized." Fellow frequent flyer told person who told him this that this was because the sign could not be seen.

TSA Precheck line has been moved from the HA ticket counter side around the corner to the right of the regular line. Lots of clueless people in the line (sign posted but about 1/4 took off shoes anyway and spent time taking things out of their bags; screeners called out they didn't need to do this), but fortunately line was not long around 7:30 pm.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Oddly enough, my parents, who are both over 75 and had pre-check outbound to HNL from EWR.. on the return home, they did not get it, nor did me or my husband. My husband got it on our outbound.

It seemed that something may have been up with pre-check Sunday night - the TSA kept telling people to check their BPs for the logo - and no one, out of about 100 people, moved to the pre-check line. Originally I thought it may have been that it wasn't operational at 6pm, but it was. There just wasn't anyone on the line - ever.

Last edited by Mary2e; Mar 18, 2014 at 1:49 pm
Old May 2, 2014, 12:09 am

Hours of Precheck operation at various airports?

Is there a list somewhere? I'm primarily interested in the Hawaiian Air hours. Nothing on HA website (website doesn't even list Hilo [ITO] as having it, but the TSA website does). If not, this is what I found out this week

HNL opens at 6:00 am (Prior to opening, able to leave shoes on but still need to remove computer. Need to hold on to boarding pass--two different TSA agents didn't inform me of this, but I did hear the agent next to the one I had inform his passenger the 2nd morning; screener scolded me the 1st time when I told him my ticket was in the tray.)

ITO open from 5–8 pm (Was told that is their peak travel time; I've been having difficulty booking the 4:00 pm flight, and yesterday the line was long, but I think it was all inter island passengers. Yellow card allows shoes to remain on and non-full body screening but laptops need to be removed.)
Old May 8, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
efficiency of OGG?

How early would I need to arrive at OGG before a mid-afternoon (AS) flight, presuming pre-check and first class, using OLCI w/o checked luggage? I have a very short trip to Maui upcoming and want to squeeze out every bit of time.
Old May 8, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by blueheronNC
How early would I need to arrive at OGG before a mid-afternoon (AS) flight, presuming pre-check and first class, using OLCI w/o checked luggage? I have a very short trip to Maui upcoming and want to squeeze out every bit of time.
It typically takes me 2-5 minutes max to get through OGG precheck. However, if your precheck does not populate on your BP, you would want to get there 1.5 hours early, because the non-precheck line can be very long.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
It typically takes me 2-5 minutes max to get through OGG precheck. However, if your precheck does not populate on your BP, you would want to get there 1.5 hours early, because the non-precheck line can be very long.
I've had different experiences this year. In January the precheck machine went down, and they closed the lane. Prechecks had to join the regular line; I stood in it for about 20 min (about 2:30 pm) before realizing there was a first class line against the wall. Probably would have taken another 15 min to get through in the regular line. Next trip the first class line was not there reportedly because it was underutilized. I don't remember seeing it last month.

Last month everyone was checked at the entrance and funneled to the proper precheck/non lines. No line at precheck but took about 10 min to clear the initial check.

I wouldn't cut it too close even with precheck; check schedules to see if other mainland departures close to yours.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
FYI Precheck in the interisland terminal for HNL opens at 6 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.