Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Pre-Check at Hawaii Airports" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Pre-Check at Hawaii Airports" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:56 pm

One of the lines in the center of the II terminal at HNL feeds a WTMD, but they fork off the pre-check traffic in the line. at the end of the line, they merge back together and everybody was getting pre-check treatment. There were no bins and they were telling everybody to stuff the things from their pockets into their bags. This was today noon-ish.

-David
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
No pre-check from OGG-HNL for me on 12/1/13.
It's a shame since there was no line at pre-check, but regular line was so backed up!

This time my wife did not get it as well and only my five year old son got it. (last time we flew OGG-HNL wife and son both got pre-check)
I booked these flights prior to receiving global entry so maybe that's why I'm not getting pre-check?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Use kiosk instead of check-in counter to print boarding pass

No one was at the HNL premiere counter so I decided to do check-in there. I had entered my global entry # on the HA website the day before and wanted to see if it worked. Boarding pass did not have TSA Precheck notation. Asked agent and was told that it only prints out at the kiosk. She didn't know why.

TSA Precheck did print on my boarding pass at OGG. No one in line around 5:00 pm Saturday. Regular line was very long--cousin took about 30 min to get through.

One cousin got TSA Precheck and the other did not. Neither flies very often, and neither has global entry, etc. The mysteries continue . . .
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by stravels
No one was at the HNL premiere counter so I decided to do check-in there. I had entered my global entry # on the HA website the day before and wanted to see if it worked. Boarding pass did not have TSA Precheck notation. Asked agent and was told that it only prints out at the kiosk. She didn't know why.

TSA Precheck did print on my boarding pass at OGG. No one in line around 5:00 pm Saturday. Regular line was very long--cousin took about 30 min to get through.

One cousin got TSA Precheck and the other did not. Neither flies very often, and neither has global entry, etc. The mysteries continue . . .
Again, roughly 1/3 of passengers will get randomly selected for Precheck based on whether some computer thinks the passenger is a low risk passenger. Having GE only guarantees that you'll get Precheck 99% of the time, generally speaking.

The card stock passes will not display Precheck. Iirc, it's a system limitation. So if you plan to get a new boarding pass from an agent, make sure to have a backup on your phone.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:15 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by qmiles321
I booked these flights prior to receiving global entry so maybe that's why I'm not getting pre-check?
Pre-check should be a virtual guarantee, even for flights booked earlier. Could have been a random denial, but odds are that your PASSID was not in the reservation, there was a name mismatch, or you were flying on a non-participating airline.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I just breezed through TSA Pre Check line here at OGG. No enjoying a beer at Stinger Ray's before our First Class flight back to LA.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:03 pm

+1.

Flew HNL interisland on December 23 and circumstances required check in at the customer service desk with a human. Global Entry numbers had been entered a month out. No dice on Precheck.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:53 pm

Allow time in case Pre-check line is down

TSA Pre-check line was closed at OGG around 3:00 pm yesterday (Sunday). Inquired why at HA counter as the regular line was long, but no one knew; was told it had been open earlier.

TSA agent said there was a problem, and they had to shut it. Stood in regular line for 15 min before hearing someone comment about first class. Saw that there was a line on the inside (left) for first class passengers (accessible from the wheelchair access break in the line). Commented to TSA agent that the sign is hard to see, and he said the airline is supposed to inform passengers. FYI for those who don't interact with an agent. Would probably have taken 25 min if I had stayed in regular line.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:11 pm

"Expedite" card at OGG/metal on footwear

Pre-check lane was closed, and I went through the first class lane. Was handed a yellow laminated card by the TSA agent. Card instructs that shoes do not need to be removed. Agent verbally told me this, and I asked if I could leave laptop in my bag as in the pre-check lane but was apologetically told no.

Went through regular scanner, and it beeped. Agent looked at my sandals and said I had to send them through the scanner (belt). Showed him the yellow card with the instructions not to remove shoes (I assumed this meant footwear), and he said because it beeped, it had to go through scanner. Sandal have small metal ornaments. Had to backtrack and place sandals on belt.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
TSA Pre-check line was closed at OGG around 3:00 pm yesterday (Sunday). Inquired why at HA counter as the regular line was long, but no one knew; was told it had been open earlier.

TSA agent said there was a problem, and they had to shut it. Stood in regular line for 15 min before hearing someone comment about first class. Saw that there was a line on the inside (left) for first class passengers (accessible from the wheelchair access break in the line). Commented to TSA agent that the sign is hard to see, and he said the airline is supposed to inform passengers. FYI for those who don't interact with an agent. Would probably have taken 25 min if I had stayed in regular line.
Thanks for your advisory!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: Elite for AC, SPG, PP, FPC
Will be flying on Air Canada out of OGG shortly. A couple questions:
- is there a shorter TSA security line for business class / Air Canada frequent flyers?
- as NEXUS members who have entered our NEXUS info on our itinerary, will we be able to use TSA PreCheck?

The official TSA announcement is vague - it says NEXUS members are eligible, but at the same time, it does not list AC in the list of eligible airlines.

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by CCFP
- is there a shorter TSA security line for business class / Air Canada frequent flyers?
- as NEXUS members who have entered our NEXUS info on our itinerary, will we be able to use TSA PreCheck?
There is one TSA line, it is labled "PreCheck." You get to use it if your boarding pass has "PreCheck" on it.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by CCFP

The official TSA announcement is vague - it says NEXUS members are eligible, but at the same time, it does not list AC in the list of eligible airlines.

Thanks
The airline has to participate in the Precheck program as well for you to get Precheck.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
OGG precheck line worked smoothly for us this afternoon.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Calcifer
OGG precheck line worked smoothly for us this afternoon.
Just to clarify, we were flying Hawaiian OGG-HNL and have Global Entry, so entered our TT numbers into our PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.