Search

Consolidated "Pre-Check at Hawaii Airports" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by stravels
It was not open around 5:30 am on Aug. 9th. When I asked what time it opened was told around 6, or whenever they get there. Hmmm.
Went through Precheck on Sunday at 5:25 a.m. They said it opened at 5:15 a.m. I guess YMMV?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Pre-Check @ Interisland Teminal

FWIW, TSA officer said Pre-Check starting in September, to be located at left-side WTMD in interisland terminal

Last edited by 747FC; Aug 28, 2013 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 747FC
FWIW, TSA officer said Pre-Check starting in September, to be located at left-side WTMD in interisland terminal
Great news!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Asked TSA officer today and was told there will be one in the HA area and another one in the terminal, but he wasn't sure where. Mid to late Sept was his guess. What does "WTMD" stand for?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stravels
Asked TSA officer today and was told there will be one in the HA area and another one in the terminal, but he wasn't sure where. Mid to late Sept was his guess. What does "WTMD" stand for?
Walk through metal detector.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:53 pm

It is Coming!

According to the Honolulu StarAdvertiser today, talking about the expansion of Pre-Check:

"U.S. Sen. Brian Schatz says the expansion includes Kona International Airport, Kahului Airport and Lihue Airport. He says the Honolulu airport will get more lanes for its program."
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
TSA Expands Quicker PreCheck

Just reported

The article begins:

Transportation Security Administration lines at Hawaii airports are about to get shorter, and it’s not because fewer people are traveling to and from the Hawaiian Islands.

Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, announced Wednesday that TSA is expanding its PreCheck program in Hawaii, adding Kahului Airport on Maui, Kona International Airport on the Big Island and Lihue Airport on Kauai to the list of airports with a TSA PreCheck option. They are among 60 airports in the U.S. the TSA is adding to the program.

Additionally, the number of PreCheck lanes at Honolulu International Airport on Oahu will increase. Honolulu joined the TSA PreCheck program in October 2012.

Complete story
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Heard it on the radio today. Great news. Also HA agents were shocked when I told them that I had parked in the interisland terminal, walked to the the Precheck screening point near the UA counters and then walked all the way back for the HA interisland flight.

Now, definitive dates for LIH, KOA, and OGG?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: HA Platinum, UA 1K, CO
I still don't know how I can participate. I applied for PreCheck and get it almost everytime I fly United. I am Platnium with HA, how do we start the proccess as a HA frequent flyer. How are other HA folks getting PreCheck approval now? Is HA asking folks to apply? Please someone be a little more specific about the one of the orginal questions. How does one apply under HA to get PreCheck? It was simple with UA, does it have to be difficult with HA?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 12:10 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Put your Trusted Traveler/Global Entry # in your HA profile
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:18 am

Latest HNL/OGG Precheck Rumor

Went HNL-OGG-HNL today. Spoke to random TSA officers in HNL interisland terminal and in OGG. They both said they expected precheck to start sometime in October. HNL officer repeated last remark I reported, that the projected interisland Precheck line will be at the WTMD at the left-side.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Put your Trusted Traveler/Global Entry # in your HA profile
This is what I did, and I it worked for me. However, as reported earlier, Precheck is not yet open in the HNL interisland terminal.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:15 am

good news for OGG and the other islands. Can't wait till they implement it.

-David
Old Sep 7, 2013, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This is what I did, and I it worked for me. However, as reported earlier, Precheck is not yet open in the HNL interisland terminal.
In the meanwhile, you can walk to the farthest checkpoint over by the UA/DL check in counters and use the Precheck there.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: HA Platinum, UA 1K, CO
I was invited by UA to join the PreCheck program. I did not get a Trusted Traveler/Global Entry # from TSA or UA. There is no number listed in my profile at UA. cblaisd, do you know how UA invited premium flyers can find a number if one exsist?

I travel once sometimes twice a month on UA and when I perform online checkin, I have "PreCheck printed on my broading pass or PDA window. With HA, I travel a whole lot on inter-island and about 4 west coast trips a year. So I guess we will wait another X years for HA to decide if they want to participate and invite their Plantniums and Golds into the PreCheck program or we have to pay TSA to join the trusted traveler program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.